Author Topic: Sox Street Light  (Read 8733 times)
HPSM250R2

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Sox Street Light « Reply #15 on: November 15, 2019, 12:46:14 PM » Author: HPSM250R2
Wait, Home Depot sell/sold LPS bulbs? :o

Yes. Online only and you must purchase them by the case.
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Sox Street Light « Reply #16 on: November 15, 2019, 01:14:28 PM » Author: Rommie
The golden rule when buying on eBay (or anywhere else come to that) is to decide at the outset what you think the item is worth and stick to that figure no matter what. That way, you won't be out of pocket as you won't be spending more than it's worth to you.

There are items I've seen that I would love to have, but I don't have the money, so I have two choices - save up and hope that it's still there when I do have the money (I refuse to buy things on credit) or go without.

There is always someone out there with deeper pockets and unfortunately some sellers take advantage of that, unfortunately it's the way of the world.

If you're selling, please be realistic. Set your prices fairly and reasonably, and people will buy your items. Get greedy, and they won't.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Sox Street Light « Reply #17 on: November 15, 2019, 01:37:03 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
There are still sellers that do hike prices because they want to scam. Remember the whole hostess twinkie thing? Seen boxes on there going for hundreds. And yes there are buyers that want it all for nothing. Good thing Im not one of them. I have 100% feed back on ebay. And when there is an offer button ill usually offer  about $5 or maybe $10 off. $5 US off the price translates to like $10 or so Cad saved for me because it also lowers the import chargés for GSP

Administrator #5

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Sox Street Light « Reply #18 on: November 15, 2019, 01:42:33 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
People always want others to set prices that they like regardless of the price the seller paid. In other words, sellers are not there for charity as some buyers expect them to be. All the sudden craze about SOX lamps when not too many years ago nobody cared about them in the USA. It's the "let's get it before they run out syndrome" that causes the prices to rise. Again, supply and demand, economics 101.
Nobody has said anything about charity, it's a question of profit margins. Do you want a large one, and are prepared to sit on an item for months or are you prepared to accept a smaller one.?
We were looking at a SOX lamp the other day, the seller knew we were watching it, and before we could submit an offer of £35 for it, he offered it to us for £30.

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Sox Street Light « Reply #19 on: November 15, 2019, 01:48:38 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
I think you can set your seller settings so that any accounts with a strike cannot bid or buy.

Few months ago i found a good deal on older sox lamps on ebay, i got in touch with seller for shipping, he said sure i and waited to hear back with the cost. Being sure i was buying i committed so i didnt lose the chance. Never heard back again and i sent messages asking for the total or to cancel. Had to contact ebay directly to remove this deadbeat. Shame because i really wanted those bulbs. Was a set of 3 nos philips sox55 with brown base for like 70us

Administrator #5

Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Sox Street Light « Reply #20 on: November 15, 2019, 01:50:03 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
Nobody has said anything about charity, it's a question of profit margins. Do you want a large one, and are prepared to sit on an item for months or are you prepared to accept a smaller one.?
We were looking at a SOX lamp the other day, the seller knew we were watching it, and before we could submit an offer of £35 for it, he offered it to us for £30.

Can sellers see when i watch an item? Like they see my ebay name watching it in their dashboard?

Administrator #5

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Sox Street Light « Reply #21 on: November 15, 2019, 01:54:56 PM » Author: Rommie
Can sellers see when i watch an item? Like they see my ebay name watching it in their dashboard?
I don't know, I don't sell all that often. I suppose they must do, because I'd put the lamp in my watch list a couple of days earlier. Then on Tuesday I think it was I was just considering making an offer (it was a buy it now sale with offers accepted) when I got an email offering it to me for a lower price..! Needless to say I accepted..!

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

HPSM250R2

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Sox Street Light « Reply #22 on: November 15, 2019, 01:58:03 PM » Author: HPSM250R2

I do most of my buying and selling on the mobile app and I can't see who's watching my items. All I can see is the number of watchers and how many views the item has had.
Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Sox Street Light « Reply #23 on: November 15, 2019, 02:01:23 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
I do most of my buying and selling on the mobile app and I can't see who's watching my items. All I can see is the number of watchers and how many views the item has had.

Okay, just seems like when i watch something i get offers shortly after like they seen me watch it lol like sox35 had happen. I had been wondering for some time

Administrator #5

HPSM250R2

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Sox Street Light « Reply #24 on: November 15, 2019, 02:11:32 PM » Author: HPSM250R2
Okay, just seems like when i watch something i get offers shortly after like they seen me watch it lol

Yeah I think it's a fairly recent feature eBay has added. I only use the computer to go on eBay to print my shipping labels. I buy, list, and sell on the app on my phone. I think there's a time frame that it takes for that feature to show up but I don't know how long it is. Like if the item doesn't sell in a certain amount of time, an option pops up to "send offer to interested buyers". This offer gets sent to any buyers that are interested in the item. I don't know if it goes by buyers who have the item on their watch list, or if it is buyers who simply viewed the item or both.

I have used this feature a few times but I don't care for it. I'd rather just let the buyer tell me what they offer for the item instead of potentially offering it to them for less than they would have offered. Like Ria mentioned above.

Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Sox Street Light « Reply #25 on: November 15, 2019, 07:04:38 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
As a buyer i do like it when they send offers or just have a sale. I actually buy items earlier than planned when they do it and it helps big time for conversions to Cad from us.

Administrator #5

HPSM250R2

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Sox Street Light « Reply #26 on: November 15, 2019, 08:17:54 PM » Author: HPSM250R2
As a buyer i do like it when they send offers or just have a sale. I actually buy items earlier than planned when they do it and it helps big time for conversions to Cad from us.

I might finish changing all of my listings to charge the buyer the shipping cost. That way I will only have to worry about the item price and fees. Instead of guessing what the shipping will cost me to include it in the price of a "free shipping" listing. It's just a pain because you have to put in the weight and dimensions when you list the item. So I'll have to go through every item, pack it, and measure and weigh the box and put the numbers into the eBay listing.
Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Sox Street Light « Reply #27 on: November 15, 2019, 09:48:37 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
I might finish changing all of my listings to charge the buyer the shipping cost. That way I will only have to worry about the item price and fees. Instead of guessing what the shipping will cost me to include it in the price of a "free shipping" listing. It's just a pain because you have to put in the weight and dimensions when you list the item. So I'll have to go through every item, pack it, and measure and weigh the box and put the numbers into the eBay listing.

When i view your listing it shows global shipping option and shipoing cost of 20.20 us

Administrator #5

HPSM250R2

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Sox Street Light « Reply #28 on: November 15, 2019, 09:53:54 PM » Author: HPSM250R2
When i view your listing it shows global shipping option and shipoing cost of 20.20 us

I have global shipping set up on most of my items except big items like the streetlights and large boxes of lawn sprinklers. However only a few of the items are set up to charge shipping in the United States. Most I have set up as free shipping within the US. I might put an end to that though. Since most of the buyers I get are usually as far away from me as possible like California lol.
Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Sox Street Light « Reply #29 on: November 15, 2019, 09:59:11 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
If it helps, when I see listings from canada theres rarely free ship offered unless its really small stuff. At least in my experience. I agree you should charge for ship it is easier and fair lol

Administrator #5

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies