Author Topic: Is it just me or has LG been much less active lately?  (Read 7230 times)
Fluorescent05

View Posts
View Gallery

Zack

Is it just me or has LG been much less active lately? « on: November 19, 2019, 04:09:35 PM » Author: Fluorescent05
I noticed that people have not been posting and commenting as much lately. Is this true?

I can't pretend a stranger is a long awaited friend. -Neil Peart

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Is it just me or has LG been much less active lately? « Reply #1 on: November 19, 2019, 04:13:47 PM » Author: wattMaster
It could just be seasonal, since websites don't have the same activity all the time.

SLS! (Stop LED Streetlights!)

Fluorescent05

View Posts
View Gallery

Zack

Re: Is it just me or has LG been much less active lately? « Reply #2 on: November 19, 2019, 10:15:38 PM » Author: Fluorescent05
It could just be seasonal, since websites don't have the same activity all the time.
You could be right. It seems less active in the winter.

Men of God

View Posts
View Gallery

jiachao.wei.71 chao_813975447 UChyTpXvlQ8ZCfBPP_lJjubg chao990613
Re: Is it just me or has LG been much less active lately? « Reply #3 on: January 11, 2020, 01:11:54 PM » Author: Men of God
我也不知道,我只能在深夜访问此网站,其他时间点不开,不知道什么情况,我的网速没问题。

我不会英文,所以我用中文,请你们用翻译网站翻译我打的字!

I can't in English, so I in Chinese, please use the translation website to translate my words!

Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Is it just me or has LG been much less active lately? « Reply #4 on: January 11, 2020, 02:09:24 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
Could be that the thrill is wearing off.

Admittedly I'm beginning to lose interest myself

Administrator #5

ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Is it just me or has LG been much less active lately? « Reply #5 on: January 11, 2020, 02:19:50 PM » Author: ace100w120v
I admit I've been way less active and have probably had my interest wane a little...LOL
Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Is it just me or has LG been much less active lately? « Reply #6 on: January 11, 2020, 02:57:11 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
Keep those Powerlites coming!

Powerlites? Im not sure what kind of lamp that is lol but no worries i will still post lamps i get

Administrator #5

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Is it just me or has LG been much less active lately? « Reply #7 on: January 11, 2020, 07:15:40 PM » Author: joseph_125
Powerlite was a Canadian manufacturer of outdoor lighting (mostly cobraheads) based in Etobicoke, Ontario. They were later acquired by Sylvania which is why sometimes their lumainires were also known as Sylvanias. The line was later sold to Thomas and Betts and most of the luminaries were discontinued in the early 2000s.  

Until the recent mass LED changeouts in Ontario cities it was common to see HPS versions of their cobraheads lighting Ontario streets. They saw very limited use in the US too but they were most common in Canada.

I never managed to track down a catalogue of the products they made but there are pictures of most of the common models on LG.

As for myself, I haven't been able to go to Restore a lot in the past while and the ones I did manage to go to didn't really have anything new/worth buying so I haven't posted much pics.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 07:21:26 PM by joseph_125 » Logged
Fluorescent05

View Posts
View Gallery

Zack

Re: Is it just me or has LG been much less active lately? « Reply #8 on: February 12, 2020, 09:13:12 PM » Author: Fluorescent05
Only 18 photos added so far today. Really proving my point.

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: Is it just me or has LG been much less active lately? « Reply #9 on: February 13, 2020, 07:33:50 AM » Author: AngryHorse
It’s not just on LG, I’ve seen two other lighting forums do the same!, there’s only so far you can take a lighting collection, and unless you’re a hardened rare lamp collector that’s hunting eBay and other places for the next ‘rare’ lamp, you quickly run out of stuff to put on here and talk about!
All my own recent collections/installs have all been LED!, and where I’m quite happy with both traditional and LED lamps, LED is always seen as ‘the bad guy’ on all lighting forum’s, so unless it’s something I think is worth putting on, I normally don’t bother.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 07:36:06 AM by AngryHorse » Logged

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

"Beauty fades, dumb is forever".......Judge Judy :D

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Is it just me or has LG been much less active lately? « Reply #10 on: February 13, 2020, 08:05:31 AM » Author: Rommie
It's the same with any site like this, interest and activity comes and goes. Sammi and I are on here most of the time because we are at home most of the time, and the computers just sit there all day and we pop in and out as we get the time. Not always got new photos to post, although there will be a few going up later today as we've just received a delivery from Andy (589) which was most welcome, coming in between our birthdays at the beginning and end of the month  ;D

I should add something to what Rich has just said, though. I do comment on pictures when I can, although as is well known we both are NOT fans of LED lighting, so we tend to not bother saying anything about those, as people sometimes take comments the wrong way and think we're having a go at them. Not at all, if you really do like LED then fine, all we ask is you don't insist we like it as well.

There's an old saying, if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all. Although I am the first to admit to breaking that rule, I promise I will try my best not to do it any more, ok..?  :-*
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 08:10:58 AM by sox35 » Logged

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Is it just me or has LG been much less active lately? « Reply #11 on: February 13, 2020, 09:05:43 AM » Author: Lightingguy1994
I dont have much to share anymore as my collecting days are nearing an end. I have almost everything ive wanted in lighting and finding anything special these days is a rare occurrence.

Im going to be entering a long term quiet phase on here where i dont upload much and itll last until i get my own place and can install my lighting goods, at which point pictures of fixtures in service will come

Administrator #5

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Is it just me or has LG been much less active lately? « Reply #12 on: February 13, 2020, 09:25:31 AM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
Like Lightingguy1994, I'll be entering a quiet phase. The reason is that I'm still in school and want to focus on my grades. I'll most likely be active in the summer, but once the next school year starts, I won't be online unless there's really big breaks like Thanksgiving break, Christmas, and spring breaks.

Of course, I'll work hard to save lights in my area that are about to be removed. I'll also still get more lights of course whenever possible.
Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Is it just me or has LG been much less active lately? « Reply #13 on: February 13, 2020, 11:27:55 AM » Author: Lightingguy1994
Ill still be around and comment on things but will have limited uploads. An exception will be when/if i fix up my gallery with better pics

Administrator #5

Fluorescent05

View Posts
View Gallery

Zack

Re: Is it just me or has LG been much less active lately? « Reply #14 on: February 13, 2020, 02:26:12 PM » Author: Fluorescent05
Makes sense.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies