Author Topic: Do anyone find they like the older style fixtures now?  (Read 246 times)
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Do anyone find they like the older style fixtures now? « on: January 18, 2020, 02:43:00 PM » Author: Cole D.
I used to not like the older style light fixtures, such as U-bent glass bathroom fixtures, drum style ceiling fixtures, and bedroom fixtures with the square wavy glass shades. But lately, I notice I seem to like these fixtures for some reason, and I think it's neat that they still sell them. I think as these fixtures get older, they will be appreciated more. I guessing these styles came around in the 1950s so they are getting to be historical eventually, I think, just as antique light fixtures from the 1930s-40s and before are considered antique and desirable now.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Do anyone find they like the older style fixtures now? « Reply #1 on: January 18, 2020, 07:23:37 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
I think it's all about nostalgia ! Back in the day these old fixtures weren't anything special, but now that were older, seeing them brings back memories of places and people from our pasts .

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

GE101R

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Do anyone find they like the older style fixtures now? « Reply #2 on: January 19, 2020, 12:29:43 AM » Author: GE101R
And they were better made and not cheap junk from a company that is "here today and not gone tomorrow" and took pride in their products.
AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: Do anyone find they like the older style fixtures now? « Reply #3 on: January 19, 2020, 04:30:28 AM » Author: AngryHorse
I use to have drum fittings around the house, both in the bathroom and kitchen, but I prefer open fixtures now.
I use to have a fluorescent drum fitting in the bathroom, but wanted to incorporate a night light into it that would be connected to my outside lighting circuit, but their wasn’t the room to do it in the original fitting.
So when I did an LED conversion I went with a rather unconventional set up shown in the photo below.

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED

"Beauty fades, dumb is forever".......Judge Judy Cheesy

Print 
© 2005-2020 Lighting-Gallery.net | Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines