Author Topic: My HID collection so far  (Read 1522 times)
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
My HID collection so far « on: March 11, 2020, 10:45:19 PM » Author: Cole D.
So I have built my HID fixture collection up, over the last two years or abouts, in the order I obtained them:

GE 201SA 175 W mercury vapor (1987, used)
Regent Home Accent 70 W high pressure sodium (2003, new stock)
American Electric Series 11 50 W high pressure sodium (2007, new stock)
American Electric 115 100 W high pressure sodium (2014, new stock)

I still want to get some older fixtures, plus maybe a GE Powr/Bracket or M-400 fixture. Maybe Coopers as well, or some radial waves or gumballs eventually.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

M250R201SA

View Posts
View Gallery

JGriff021985 JMG717
Re: My HID collection so far « Reply #1 on: March 12, 2020, 07:25:49 PM » Author: M250R201SA
Try to get yourself a GE M250R1.  I love mine!!  Probably the last great fixture GE produced.  I also have a 201SA that is a 250w MV.  On the slipfitter, it has the GE logo and MADE IN USA.  LOVE IT!!! 

"I know a thing or two about a thing or two...  I sure do."

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: My HID collection so far « Reply #2 on: March 12, 2020, 08:06:50 PM » Author: Cole D.
Try to get yourself a GE M250R1.  I love mine!!  Probably the last great fixture GE produced.  I also have a 201SA that is a 250w MV.  On the slipfitter, it has the GE logo and MADE IN USA.  LOVE IT!!! 

There a GE M250R1 here on a street but it's very dim at night. That the only one I know of, the rest are M250R2 HPS.

Mine says GE and Made in USA too, after 2008 they did not, since production had moved to Mexico. On mine, I got it on eBay and it had a smooth reflector but missing refractor lens and clamp band. So I got a NOS GE refractor with smooth reflector and clamp band from 2014. I really like it. I was planning to get a newer HPS 201 unit pack but so far have not. Nearby where I live, there is one of the early 201SA fixtures on a pole, it hasn't worked in years. It's the low profile style hood unit. Also, in my town there are still some GE 101SA fixtures in use from the 1970s.

What I'd really like someday, is a GE Powr/Bracket with the 16" refractor and 400W MV, like GEC used to install here probably in the 70s-80s. They are very rare here now and don't know of any in use. One of those got me started on lights, that and the AEL 165 ballast in arm fixtures that now are getting rare here too, but still made.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: My HID collection so far « Reply #3 on: March 12, 2020, 08:29:17 PM » Author: HPS_250
Nice collection so far! If I were you, I’d try to get some more mercury vapor fixtures while ballasts and lamps are still readily available.

Right now I’m looking for some mercury vapor ballasts and possible a HPS street lighting fixture.  :hpscobra:

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: My HID collection so far « Reply #4 on: March 13, 2020, 10:02:18 PM » Author: Cole D.
Nice collection so far! If I were you, I’d try to get some more mercury vapor fixtures while ballasts and lamps are still readily available.

Right now I’m looking for some mercury vapor ballasts and possible a HPS street lighting fixture.  :hpscobra:

Nice. I hope you can get some too. I'd like go get some more MV fixtures as well.

Toiyabeshawn

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: My HID collection so far « Reply #5 on: April 05, 2020, 12:27:51 PM » Author: Toiyabeshawn
Nice start to your collection! Definitely focus on Mercury Vapor as they are going to be gone in the next few years. All the early GE stuff is awesome, my favorites are the “silver series” M250 and M400’s from the early 1960’s they were built so well, always had glass refractors and quality internals. I always loved the PE control receptacles, they were made by Leviton and said “lev o lock” on them!
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: My HID collection so far « Reply #6 on: April 05, 2020, 12:49:14 PM » Author: Cole D.
Nice start to your collection! Definitely focus on Mercury Vapor as they are going to be gone in the next few years. All the early GE stuff is awesome, my favorites are the “silver series” M250 and M400’s from the early 1960’s they were built so well, always had glass refractors and quality internals. I always loved the PE control receptacles, they were made by Leviton and said “lev o lock” on them!

Thanks. I love those old GE cobra heads, there are a few M400 fixtures still here and working! Yeah I definitely want some more mercury lights.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies