Author Topic: Anxiety Problems  (Read 11066 times)
Daniel f

View Posts
View Gallery

in my house is not used led and if I can avoid it

Re: Anxiety Problems « Reply #30 on: March 30, 2020, 07:10:59 PM » Author: Daniel f
By the sounds of it, you just have floaters in your visual field? A vitrectomy will usually remove that. Are you afraid of doing this or something going wrong? Its perfectly ok I would be the same way. But eventually I would probably get fed up and just say * :curse: * with it and get it done lol.  

I hate getting dental work done, so you can imagine how my 7 appointments were like for me last year when I got a dentist after so many years of not having one and had a lot of work to do. Had to start with a root canal on a tooth and then fillings on almost every tooth which only a quarter of my mouth was done at once.

Appointments were like this:
1: Exam
2: Root Canal part 1 (Drilling and temporary filling)
3: Root Canal part 2 (finish with final filling)
4: Top left side mouth fillings
5 Top right side fillings
6 Bottom left fillings
7 Filling done on a wisdom tooth on bottom right

Luckily my 3 wisdom teeth are OK and no need to remove. The 4th one is a little bit on an angle and will eventually have to go but for now it got a filling and could stay. My last apt was early Feb so just made it before this virus closed my office.

The root canal I never want to go through again, I was forced to take like 7 pills before they started, was very difficult as I was anxious and feeling nausea from it. it also took long and I felt so sick for like 2 hours after  :sick: and I had to find my own way home so I just sat at the base of a hotel sign until it passed then went home. The send part was not so bad it was just the final filling and no meds needed. I really hate having to take xrays when they stick that block in your mouth and I hated that rubber (...) they used during the procedure.

I wasn't the best with my teeth as a teen but  I sure am now I brush and floss and don't drink pop
well (only) a couple of floats don't bother me.  but I have 2 giants which is too much.  apart from sides and that.  for now you have to hold on.  further ahead to operate 😅
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Anxiety Problems « Reply #31 on: March 30, 2020, 07:11:51 PM » Author: Rommie
You also really know better than me how annoying it is to suffer from vision.  I see without glasses perfectly but my vitreous is liquefied and with a dump of flies or floats.  over time I will undergo a vitreoctomy.  for the moment enjoy as much as you can .... you also have a big problem.  I hope that with surgery it will be solved 🙂.
The surgery I had was to stop the condition getting any worse, they can't improve my vision beyond what it now is I've mostly got used to it, but it's sometimes frustrating when trying to read  :-\.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Anxiety Problems « Reply #32 on: March 31, 2020, 09:34:03 AM » Author: suzukir122
@Daniel F, yep... I've got floaters too and I'm only 29. I've had these floaters since I was 6 years old. They're pretty bad, but
I only notice them when I'm looking at lighter objects, white walls, or viewing a lights. It gets me PISSED when they get
in the way of my viewing of an EOL show from a fluorescent lamp.

Depression... my depression temporarily subsides whenever I'm on my bike, and definitely when I'm out with other riders.
This includes suicide prevention.
It also helps boost my confidence level significantly. The sight seeing helps me feel better about life/living/freedom.

One other thing that gets me back into hardcore depression is... well, this goes back to my perspective of people. I look around and it seems
like everyone is exactly like one another to me. Same personality type, same traits, same look, same result... I'm trying to snap myself
out of it and remind myself that not everyone is the same, but it gets very difficult whenever I'm out in public stores, etc.
This is just one of the many big reasons why I've been thinking about

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Anxiety Problems « Reply #33 on: March 31, 2020, 02:18:42 PM » Author: CEB1993
Anxiety and depression are sometimes a vicious cycle for me. After a panic attack or other anxiety issues, I feel emotionally drained. I just want to sit quietly in my house and not do anything for a while afterwards. Sometimes I just feel like sleeping in the middle of the day. I feel too tired to laugh or cry or even respond to anything around me. The only things that break this funk for me are interaction with family and friends or doing something relaxing and tactile like cooking. I'm not sure if those are signs of true depression, but it always happens after a period of anxiety.

I've noticed that anxiety affects my appetite and I eat less during stressful days. I've lost nearly 25 pounds since last year from a combination of intentional dieting and increased anxiety. These hard times in the world are definitely contributing to my anxiety and possible depression. I feel powerless when I see the picked over grocery store shelves and I'm scared of interacting with too many people at work or other times while out of the house. I just got news that my aunt is in the hospital with some type of respiratory illness  :-\

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Anxiety Problems « Reply #34 on: March 31, 2020, 03:28:50 PM » Author: Rommie
We're not so much scared of catching anything, but we are scared that our way of life may have gone never to return. The UK government have voted themselves really draconian powers over this and you can bet that they will not relinquish them once the threat of the virus is over  :'(
This has really hit our depression big time  :'(

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Anxiety Problems « Reply #35 on: March 31, 2020, 03:38:47 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
We're not so much scared of catching anything, but we are scared that our way of life may have gone never to return. The UK government have voted themselves really draconian powers over this and you can bet that they will not relinquish them once the threat of the virus is over  :'(
This has really hit our depression big time  :'(

I think you should read your personal message "It'll be all right in the end, and if it isn't all right, it isn't the end"  :) Give it some time and things should settle. Our government here has stepped up in similar ways but they are temporary. Provincial state of emergencies need to be renewed every 2 weeks and if not they expire and the government reverts to its usual self. I think our federal is similar. So no worries

Administrator #5

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Anxiety Problems « Reply #36 on: March 31, 2020, 04:44:50 PM » Author: Rommie
I think you should read your personal message "It'll be all right in the end, and if it isn't all right, it isn't the end"  :) Give it some time and things should settle. Our government here has stepped up in similar ways but they are temporary. Provincial state of emergencies need to be renewed every 2 weeks and if not they expire and the government reverts to its usual self. I think our federal is similar. So no worries
Yeah I should follow my own advice, shouldn't I. Sorry, been a bit of a crap day this end, but the law is different here. The law is in place for 2 years, reviewed every 6 months. So it won't automatically revert in a short space of time. We'll have to wait and see.

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Anxiety Problems « Reply #37 on: April 01, 2020, 12:27:56 AM » Author: Medved
...one mistake on my part...

ALWAYS remember:
There is only one kind of people who make no mistakes. The ones who NEVER do ANYTHING in their life. I dont give a s&$t about those, at all.
All others do make mistakes. All the times. Just correcting them once noticed and go on. Normal business.
Yes, take precautions, prepare yourself ready to correct the mistakes, but relax. Making mistakes are no shame.

Not doing anything and then bragging about "making no mistakes" IS shame. A big one.

No more selfballasted c***

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Anxiety Problems « Reply #38 on: July 06, 2020, 12:37:32 PM » Author: CEB1993
I had another panic attack at work last week. It came out of nowhere, but I was dealing with some difficult situations at the time. Not only are they scary and uncomfortable for me, they scare other people who think I’m having a much worse medical situation.

The sharp rise in Covid cases combined with workplace tension pushed me over the edge. I had an “out of body” experience in which I was bombarded with all of my thoughts and problems from a 3rd person point of view and felt powerless to control my thoughts. I’m afraid they’re going to start happening more often if things don’t get better. Even with managing techniques and counseling, they still happen. My anxiety is something that will never be healed, but it is something I can learn to live with and manage with coping skills, meditation, and support.

On the bright side, there are a ton of free online resources for learning about and controlling anxiety issues. Educating yourself and finding effective strategies to cope make these frightening situations a lot less overwhelming.

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Anxiety Problems « Reply #39 on: July 06, 2020, 01:01:26 PM » Author: suzukir122
I had a slight panic/anxiety situation occur just last night! While training an employee who kept making mistakes. This dude
kept taking his mistake based anger out on me. It made me angry... a feeling I haven't felt in quite some time. During this anger spell,
my heart began to race and my palms begin to sweat. I try to keep myself physically strong to help steer people away from the thought
of pissing me off. For some odd reason, this guy didn't care, spewing out his rage and stupid thoughts about my way of teaching.
I've taught many people at my job, some of whom are on their way to becoming step up techs! So my boss typically sends me people to train
in an effort to get them to learn fast. That effort didn't work with this guy.
Anyways, as he kept mouthing off, I found myself eventually getting to the point of yelling back at him! I can't believe it!... I never
yell at people unless they're crossing the line. During my yelling, I felt my heart starting to race big time, and I felt as if I was gonna
pass out. I also felt dizzy. Eventually I calmed down quickly and told him some helpful future advice. I think he realized he made me mad because
he began to calm down and agree with my advice... etc.
No smoking on premises though and he smoked during the last break sooo... possible instant termination if caught on camera.
Anyways, all in all, this situation was a reminder that I do face anxiety/panic situations when I get mad, especially in public or at work.

Interests:
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Anxiety Problems « Reply #40 on: July 06, 2020, 01:20:08 PM » Author: Rommie
@ suzukir122 - Walk away.

If someone starts mouthing off at you like that, just walk away. Go and have a coffee. Then go back and see if he's calmed down. If so, explain politely but firmly that behaviour like that is unacceptable. If he stays calm, all well and good. If he goes off on one again, go and see your manager.

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Anxiety Problems « Reply #41 on: July 06, 2020, 06:03:25 PM » Author: suzukir122
@Sox35, unfortunately we can't walk away from our machines unless we get sent to breaks by the operator. That, and we
can't leave new employees on the machine by themselves, nor can we shut down the machines unless it's urgent. (Machine defects,
machine jamming, electrical fire, safety meeting, etc.) I was also worried that I was gonna RIP... him to pieces or other violent
reactions, but thankfully that did not happen. I'd absolutely love to keep my job. This is where the dizziness and passing out
started occurring though.

Interests:

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Anxiety Problems « Reply #42 on: July 07, 2020, 07:35:03 AM » Author: Rommie
Well there ought to be some way you can get away from the idiot for a few minutes, if he's making that much of a noise someone else should see or hear him and call a supervisor..? If all else fails, lamp him one  :lol:

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Anxiety Problems « Reply #43 on: July 07, 2020, 09:50:29 AM » Author: suzukir122
@Sox35, haha... no no no... I wouldn't want to send the man to another galaxy after "lamping him one." lol! No way. I'm physically
strong and I do know a lot about fighting. I don't ever want to implement that knowledge on someone unless my safety is threatened.
Although he was mouthing off, he wasn't dumb enough to threaten to fight. That's the good news.
The other good news is that he's self destructing himself, taking smoke breaks at a job that completely went tobacco free. I could
smell it in his breath. If he's caught, that little smokey-smoke he took will cost him his job instantly.
I'm sometimes a little too nice. I remember when I smelled that smoke from his breath, I thought to myself, "wow this guy is an idiot.
His job is now in my control. I could easily get him fired like right now." Although I did tell my assistant supervisor, I didn't tell
my main supervisor, who would've fired him on the spot. Having to talk to my supervisor about situations like this can also cause me anxiety.
That, and I'm a nice guy... so I decided not to tell my main boss. My assistant supervisor also didn't tell.

Interests:

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Anxiety Problems « Reply #44 on: July 09, 2020, 05:20:51 PM » Author: CEB1993
I’m an Enneagram “Type 1” personality and this article is eerie about how it describes me and my response stressors. Take the Enneagram to learn more about yourself, it’s really interesting!

https://www.truity.com/blog/5-stress-busting-tips-each-enneagram-type

@Suzukir122, Some people are like that and externalize their stress by becoming aggressive and angry. Others like myself will bottle it up until it causes an emotional breakdown. Everyone responds to stress differently and I’m glad to hear you made it through that difficult situation. Take care and I hope you’re doing well!  :)

Stop the lamp bans!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies