Author Topic: Cleaning out the For Sale/For Trade board  (Read 12261 times)
HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Cleaning out the For Sale/For Trade board « on: April 12, 2020, 12:56:34 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
I've been clearing out some old posts in the for sale board, I got the page count down to 25 and have done my best to keep any active links around. It would be appreciated if some of you guys could go through and delete your old posts that have dead links or that you no longer have available for trade/buying.

Thanks!  :bulbman:

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Cleaning out the For Sale/For Trade board « Reply #1 on: April 12, 2020, 01:06:25 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
I don't think I have any threads that I started there, but sometime I'll have a look through & delete anything old.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

nogden

View Posts
View Gallery

Nelson Ogden

nelson.ogden w8nwo
Re: Cleaning out the For Sale/For Trade board « Reply #2 on: April 12, 2020, 01:21:20 PM » Author: nogden
I like the idea of cleaning up those old posts. However, I do sometimes return to them for reference. Its nice to see what asking prices were or how much things sold for sometimes. I also had two old listings that are still active (but were deleted). But I guess if they were buried that far back, no one is likely to respond to them! I'll re-list those items.
HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Cleaning out the For Sale/For Trade board « Reply #3 on: April 12, 2020, 01:40:12 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
I like the idea of cleaning up those old posts. However, I do sometimes return to them for reference. Its nice to see what asking prices were or how much things sold for sometimes. I also had two old listings that are still active (but were deleted). But I guess if they were buried that far back, no one is likely to respond to them! I'll re-list those items.

I'm sorry about that, yeah 2016 on backwards I pretty much deleted because 99% of the links were dead.. I've been sifting through 2017 and up and keeping the active links and people's personal listings.

Definitely repost!

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Cleaning out the For Sale/For Trade board « Reply #4 on: April 12, 2020, 02:07:45 PM » Author: Rommie
It might be worth having a look at the Wanted board as well. There are quite a few topics there that have had no replies for several years, including some from people who are no longer members.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

lights*plus

View Posts
View Gallery

George Liv Photo

GoL george.liv.37 UC_OfF2pa6aOcXLAut16jw9g
Re: Cleaning out the For Sale/For Trade board « Reply #5 on: April 12, 2020, 02:53:07 PM » Author: lights*plus
I have a few questions..

What's the reason for getting that notice in my email?.. Does it mean that I had a watch or had subscribed to that thread? Can't check this after deletion.

For Example...
[subject] Topic removed: 18 watt Phillips lps at Home Depot
[body] A topic you are watching has been removed....

If this is a thread I had replied, are you making sure that there aren't any important info other than dated or obsolete links?

Thanks.

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Cleaning out the For Sale/For Trade board « Reply #6 on: April 12, 2020, 02:56:28 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: lights*plus
Does it mean that I had a watch or had subscribed to that thread?
Yep, that's exactly what it means :)

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Cleaning out the For Sale/For Trade board « Reply #7 on: April 12, 2020, 04:29:40 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Pages 13-16 are dead link free as far as I can tell.

Pages 1-12 need work but I'm done for today lol.

~Owen

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: Cleaning out the For Sale/For Trade board « Reply #8 on: April 12, 2020, 04:37:03 PM » Author: HPS_250
Good idea, some of the older pages just contain outdated posts and dead links.

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Cleaning out the For Sale/For Trade board « Reply #9 on: April 13, 2020, 01:07:29 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Good work  ! there were some in there from when LG started . I go through my listings every couple of months and remove the sold/dead listings .

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Cleaning out the For Sale/For Trade board « Reply #10 on: April 13, 2020, 10:00:46 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Pages 13-16 are dead link free as far as I can tell.

Pages 1-12 need work but I'm done for today lol.

You'll have it all done by the end of this week then.??  :lol:

It might be easier for you to start at the oldest post and work your way forward.  :cat:
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 10:05:12 AM by Mandolin Girl » Logged

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Cleaning out the For Sale/For Trade board « Reply #11 on: April 16, 2020, 07:01:18 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
I deleted 4 of mine.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 07:03:23 AM by CreeRSW207 » Logged

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Cleaning out the For Sale/For Trade board « Reply #12 on: April 21, 2020, 06:18:32 AM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
We're down to 10 pages now. I'm thinking the page count will settle around 10 when I'm done cleaning everything.

Idealy ebay postings should go into the thread dedicated to eBay postings. And things like personal ads and other things get topics.

Maybe it'd be a good idea if some of the existing eBay topics could be reposted into the dedicated ebay thread so that peoples personal ads don't get pushed off the page quickly?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 06:46:44 AM by HomeBrewLamps » Logged

~Owen

Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Cleaning out the For Sale/For Trade board « Reply #13 on: April 21, 2020, 07:54:28 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
I still think the for sale board should be set with a self deleting system so expired stuff doesn't accumulate

Administrator #5

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Cleaning out the For Sale/For Trade board « Reply #14 on: April 21, 2020, 09:18:21 PM » Author: joseph_125
Is is possible to create a subforum for eBay/CL listings in the For Sale/For Trade board? I personally didn't like the idea of only using a single big thread for all eBay links as it makes the discussion harder to follow and the links harder to keep track of than if each thread only having 1-3 links.

A subforum for eBay/CL links would allow you to have multiple threads yet still not clutter the For Sale/For Trade board for personal ads.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies