Author Topic: New LED Conversions  (Read 31670 times)
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #60 on: August 21, 2021, 06:33:48 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Today I saw that the fluorescent canopy lights at the ATM of a Meredith Village Savings Bank got replaced by new LED ones. They look like indoor fixtures and there's already tons of dead bugs inside.

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

desktoptrashcan

View Posts
View Gallery

theroadrunner556
Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #61 on: August 21, 2021, 06:50:09 PM » Author: desktoptrashcan
Today I saw that the fluorescent canopy lights at the ATM of a Meredith Village Savings Bank got replaced by new LED ones. They look like indoor fixtures and there's already tons of dead bugs inside.
Ew, yuck!  :sick: That’s always just the worst!
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #62 on: August 21, 2021, 06:56:14 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Ew, yuck!  :sick: That’s always just the worst!
Yep! The former vaportight fixtures had little to none!

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #63 on: September 03, 2021, 05:55:25 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Not really a conversion but the light pole bases at the parking lot that took the place of my former preschool now has poles up with Lithonia DSX2s.

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #64 on: September 11, 2021, 02:39:22 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
The decommissioned "Griddle in the middle pancake house" had an old rusty pole with 1 banged up halogen floodlight with one light missing, today I drove by to see a new black colored bullhorn mount installed on the same rusty pole. The new LEDs are RAB X34 floods.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2021, 02:42:01 PM by CreeRSW207 » Logged

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #65 on: September 12, 2021, 03:40:50 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Yesterday I noticed that an OVX with chipping paint at a small oceanfront apartment complex in Hampton had been replaced by a Cooper Verdeon, I don’t think the OVX worked and it had no NEMA tag so I couldn’t tell what the lamp type was. I don’t think any other lights were replaced, I think it was just that one owned by that building. I wonder what the color temperature of the Verdeon is.

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #66 on: September 19, 2021, 01:45:25 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
I was in Toledo , Ohio today and it seems that all of the old MV cobras are now history !! :'( :'(  :'( The new LEDs are indeed WAY brighter than the MV's but a good bit more glary !! Gone are Unistyle 400's , single and split door M-400's , ITT/AEL 25's , and even some newer AEL 125's . All were 400w MV . The new lights are GE possibly , I'm not entirely sure .

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #67 on: September 19, 2021, 03:37:42 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
I was in Toledo , Ohio today and it seems that all of the old MV cobras are now history !! :'( :'(  :'( The new LEDs are indeed WAY brighter than the MV's but a good bit more glary !! Gone are Unistyle 400's , single and split door M-400's , ITT/AEL 25's , and even some newer AEL 125's . All were 400w MV . The new lights are GE possibly , I'm not entirely sure .
I heard toledo was expected to be full LED by the end of this year. Yes they are indeed using GE Evolves. Sad to see such variety dissappear.

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #68 on: September 30, 2021, 01:35:45 AM » Author: Econolite03
Progress, that’s the slogan of Cypress, CA which is putting up more LEDs. Driving down a street with city owned light poles, a group of Leotek GCMs appeared to have been just installed as a demo for potentially additional LED upgrades in the coming months.

Meanwhile dimwit SCE is still putting up new OVHs in the same city. Based off the poor performance of the Cooper Navions I wouldn’t be surprised the city has switched brands for LEDs. Even though Leotek sucks, certain models of the GreenCobra lineup are decent.
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #69 on: September 30, 2021, 09:40:36 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
Progress, that’s the slogan of Cypress, CA which is putting up more LEDs. Driving down a street with city owned light poles, a group of Leotek GCMs appeared to have been just installed as a demo for potentially additional LED upgrades in the coming months.

Meanwhile dimwit SCE is still putting up new OVHs in the same city. Based off the poor performance of the Cooper Navions I wouldn’t be surprised the city has switched brands for LEDs. Even though Leotek sucks, certain models of the GreenCobra lineup are decent.
Well at least it's not GE! Leotek's GCM,GCJ,and GCL are good, it's the older GC1 and GC2 that are worse.

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #70 on: October 16, 2021, 03:03:56 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Today at a small plaza in Meredith I saw a guy in a lift screwing a COB LED lamp into the old shoeboxes. As we say, good to see it being retrofitted rather than replaced.

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #71 on: October 16, 2021, 03:07:25 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
I saw that an inoperative AE Series 313 was replaced by a GE Evolve ERL1. The 313 was owned by PSE, and had been inoperative for nearly 15 years. The other 313, on the other hand, hasn't been replaced yet. It too has been inoperative for nearly 15 years.

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #72 on: October 16, 2021, 03:44:37 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
@subway5411, that's terrible! SOX is virtually non existent here. I hope the town that replaced these gets what they deserve.

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #73 on: October 16, 2021, 04:04:30 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Very true. Hope you are able to score some! :) :lps:

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #74 on: October 17, 2021, 12:07:00 AM » Author: HPS_250
I was in Oxnard, CA today and saw that a couple more vintage (1960s and 70s) M-400s at the main boatyard had been replaced by LED floodlights. Unfortunately I don’t live close enough to have noticed the lights being replaced. This brings the total to about 6 new generic LED floodlights in the main yard. There are still about 15 HPS and 30-35 MV/MH cobraheads remaining, so at least for now some will stay in service.

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies