Author Topic: Time to say goodbye to...  (Read 10276 times)
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Time to say goodbye to... « Reply #30 on: April 20, 2021, 08:34:03 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Yeah, Belmont sounds like one of those really cute historic towns here in New England that have an appreciation for the old homes that are still standing. As long as their owners take good care of them and the community and residents continue with their civic pride in keeping Belmont as nice as it is, the older homes now existing should be around for lifetimes.  :)
I hope! Some are in nice condition while others are worse but I agree, Belmont is a really nice town and everyone here is pretty chill. You should visit here!

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

Joe Maurath, Jr.

View Posts
View Gallery

Transgender, Avid About Street Lamps, Insulators.

Re: Time to say goodbye to... « Reply #31 on: April 20, 2021, 09:37:04 PM » Author: Joe Maurath, Jr.
I hope! Some are in nice condition while others are worse but I agree, Belmont is a really nice town and everyone here is pretty chill. You should visit here!

Yeah, that would be nice some time. My sister lives in Bedford, NH (moved there recently from Manchester, NH) so you probably are not that far away from where she now is.

"A secret to happiness is letting every situation be what it is, instead of what you think it should be, and then making the best of it."

Please refer to www.insulators.info where I periodically post many images of lights and insulators in the group's Picture Poster Gallery. Thank you.

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Time to say goodbye to... « Reply #32 on: April 20, 2021, 09:40:36 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Yeah, that would be nice some time. My sister lives in Bedford, NH (moved there recently from Manchester, NH) so you probably are not that far away from where she now is.
I know where that is. Bedford is really fancy and upscale.

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: Time to say goodbye to... « Reply #33 on: April 20, 2021, 09:58:55 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
Yeah, Belmont sounds like one of those really cute historic towns here in New England that have an appreciation for the old homes that are still standing. As long as their owners take good care of them and the community and residents continue with their civic pride in keeping Belmont as nice as it is, the older homes now existing should be around for lifetimes.  :)
My hometown of Eatonville is like that.

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

Joe Maurath, Jr.

View Posts
View Gallery

Transgender, Avid About Street Lamps, Insulators.

Re: Time to say goodbye to... « Reply #34 on: April 21, 2021, 12:40:47 PM » Author: Joe Maurath, Jr.
My hometown of Eatonville is like that.

Those storybook little towns will forever fascinate me, I am sure the residents and visitors there really appreciate the community  :)

"A secret to happiness is letting every situation be what it is, instead of what you think it should be, and then making the best of it."

Please refer to www.insulators.info where I periodically post many images of lights and insulators in the group's Picture Poster Gallery. Thank you.

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: Time to say goodbye to... « Reply #35 on: May 07, 2021, 07:18:36 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
Someone bought an abandoned barn that had been for sale for years. There was a defunct yardblaster on the front of it. It was drooping and extremely dirty. The poeple decided to repaint the barn. In the process, they took the yardblaster down. The chances of it going back up are very low. :(
« Last Edit: May 07, 2021, 07:38:01 PM by LightsoftheWest » Logged

Das Rheingold

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Time to say goodbye to... « Reply #36 on: May 16, 2021, 01:14:20 AM » Author: Das Rheingold
They replaced a Ballas-in-arm MV(?) light all with LED, on one of the buildings I’d drive by. Saw it a couple days ago.

Nooooooo!  :(

Those are some of my most favourite fixtures ever. Shame seeing them gradually disappear.

I think cooper still makes them (vanguard), I think American electric/Acuity brands discontinued theirs, I’m not 100% sure, their site is kind of a mess.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2021, 01:17:52 AM by Das Rheingold » Logged

My preference: Mercury Vapor > High Pressure Sodium > Metal Halide > Low Pressure Sodium > Incandescent > LED

Classical music appreciator, lover of all things machinery

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Time to say goodbye to... « Reply #37 on: May 16, 2021, 01:39:08 AM » Author: joseph_125
I believe the DTD (Dusk-to-dawn) got discontinued but the Ballast-in-arm 165 is still made by AEL. GE also discontinued both style PowrBrackets a few years ago.

Yeah AEL's site is a bit annoying to navigate, the listing under products only lists their LED luminaires. For HID, you have to go to Resources > Spec Sheet lookup.
Das Rheingold

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Time to say goodbye to... « Reply #38 on: May 18, 2021, 06:01:48 PM » Author: Das Rheingold
This was the last LPS  :lps: fixture that was standing when I'd do frequent drives up to Grande Prairie, I went up about a month ago and they have all been replaced with LED  :-[

They were all LPS at one point obviously but yeah, unfortunately that last light was no good as the bulb was used beyond the end of it's life, it was a dull pink that didn't light up anything.

My preference: Mercury Vapor > High Pressure Sodium > Metal Halide > Low Pressure Sodium > Incandescent > LED

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: Time to say goodbye to... « Reply #39 on: May 18, 2021, 06:08:03 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
This was the last LPS  :lps: fixture that was standing when I'd do frequent drives up to Grande Prairie, I went up about a month ago and they have all been replaced with LED  :-[

They were all LPS at one point obviously but yeah, unfortunately that last light was no good as the bulb was used beyond the end of it's life, it was a dull pink that didn't light up anything.
That there looks like a Philips SRS 201.

Das Rheingold

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Time to say goodbye to... « Reply #40 on: May 18, 2021, 06:32:15 PM » Author: Das Rheingold
That there looks like a Philips SRS 201.

Ooh neat! Thx  :lps: :bulbman:

Foxtronix

View Posts
View Gallery

Formerly "TiCoune66". Also known here as Vince.

GoL UCs4tSgJSCoCIMGThBuaePhA
Re: Time to say goodbye to... « Reply #41 on: May 18, 2021, 09:20:33 PM » Author: Foxtronix
... to pretty much all the streetlights I always knew in my hometown. The LED tsunami hit a bit over 2 years ago, within a month almost all cobrahead fixtures disappeared.

But there's a bright side to everything. One evening, getting back home, I came across some of the electricians who were changing the streetlights in the downtown area. I asked them for one, and they didn't mind giving me one!  ;D

A 400W HPS GE M400A Powr/Door from 1974! Ignitor's connector is a bit crispy though, that'll have to be fixed eventually. For the time being it makes one sweet living room lamp with an incandescent lamp in it!

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: Time to say goodbye to... « Reply #42 on: May 21, 2021, 03:41:05 AM » Author: Econolite03
One of the last GE M-400As installed around Disneyland has met its fate, replaced by a GE ERL2 this month, it was originally installed around 2000.
Das Rheingold

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Time to say goodbye to... « Reply #43 on: June 09, 2021, 12:47:55 PM » Author: Das Rheingold
A Bracketed fixture nearby is no more. NOOOOO!

It was taken down as the gastric station it was at is getting renovated

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Time to say goodbye to... « Reply #44 on: July 19, 2021, 09:40:21 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
My old daycare that I used to go to in Laconia was demolished recently. I remember there used to be some fluorescent troffers in there (F32T8 probably) and an old halogen floodlight outside that was meant to light the power meters but it was pointing directly at the siding! I'm sure there was some cool stuff I just don't remember. The place was built in 1900 too. As of today it looks like it will be a parking lot as gravel has been laid down and concrete light pole bases are now there.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies