Author Topic: What do you use as a nightlight  (Read 11448 times)
Oliver

View Posts
View Gallery

All Fluorescent Lighting / Sign Lights

Re: What do you use as nightight « Reply #30 on: June 28, 2020, 11:38:27 AM » Author: Oliver
I have a 4w Magnetic ballast fluorescent note checker light that I leave on 24/7. I use it as a night light. The fitting is designed for a BLB black light tube but I just put a Standard White tube in and it works nicely as a night light.

If you reply to me, please "reply with quote" so I am notified of your reply!

Wireman
Re: What do you use as nightight « Reply #31 on: June 28, 2020, 08:02:33 PM » Author: Wireman
For me, it has to be the TV with the volume down low. Watching an old show helps me fall asleep and it's reassuring if I wake in the middle of the night.
Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
Re: What do you use as nightight « Reply #32 on: June 28, 2020, 08:09:08 PM » Author: Binarix128
For me, it has to be the TV with the volume down low. Watching an old show helps me fall asleep and it's reassuring if I wake in the middle of the night.
Set your TV in warm white configuration, it'll help you to sleep easily, and/or turn the brightness all the way down.
Wireman
Re: What do you use as nightight « Reply #33 on: June 28, 2020, 08:20:19 PM » Author: Wireman
Set your TV in warm white configuration, it'll help you to sleep easily, and/or turn the brightness all the way down.
Thanks I'll keep that in mind. Actually I'll take any advice I can get on being able to sleep better.
sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What do you use as nightight « Reply #34 on: June 28, 2020, 08:30:27 PM » Author: sol
Thanks I'll keep that in mind. Actually I'll take any advice I can get on being able to sleep better.

Some people have had success in wearing glasses with orange lenses for couple of hours before going to bed. I cannot attest to this as I have never tried, but I like to limit my exposure to lamps that are above 3500K for a while before retiring for the night.
Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

Re: What do you use as nightight « Reply #35 on: June 28, 2020, 08:42:19 PM » Author: Binarix128
Some people have had success in wearing glasses with orange lenses for couple of hours before going to bed. I cannot attest to this as I have never tried, but I like to limit my exposure to lamps that are above 3500K for a while before retiring for the night.
You can use cheap yellow building glasses, are very good filtering the blue light. Avoid any L*D, and CFL before going to bed, use incandescent or halogen in your room.
Wireman
Re: What do you use as nightight « Reply #36 on: June 28, 2020, 08:51:24 PM » Author: Wireman
You can use cheap yellow building glasses, are very good filtering the blue light. Avoid any L*D, and CFL before going to bed, use incandescent or halogen in your room.
I have a daylight LED bulb in my bedroom lamp. I like the cool color but I didn't know that it could cause a problem. I've read about how blue light can affect sleep but wasn't sure if it was true.
sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What do you use as nightight « Reply #37 on: June 28, 2020, 08:54:37 PM » Author: sol
Try replacing it with a low wattage incandescent for a couple of weeks to see if things improve.
Wireman
Re: What do you use as nightight « Reply #38 on: June 28, 2020, 08:59:46 PM » Author: Wireman
Try replacing it with a low wattage incandescent for a couple of weeks to see if things improve.
Thanks! I'll certainly give it a try.
Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

Re: What do you use as nightight « Reply #39 on: June 30, 2020, 12:00:22 AM » Author: Binarix128
If you wanna even sleep better, read magazines of your interest instead of TV shows while listening to calm music, and leave the computer, TV or whatever an hour before going to sleep, and buy a lamp with a dimmer and a 40w incandescent bulb, so you can regulate the light while you read. And don't listen to heavy or dead metal before going to bed.  :lol:
Wireman
Re: What do you use as nightight « Reply #40 on: June 30, 2020, 12:43:01 AM » Author: Wireman
If you wanna even sleep better, read magazines of your interest instead of TV shows while listening to calm music, and leave the computer, TV or whatever an hour before going to sleep, and buy a lamp with a dimmer and a 40w incandescent bulb, so you can regulate the light while you read. And don't listen to heavy or dead metal before going to bed.  :lol:

Thanks I appreciate all the help I can get. I'll certainly try all of your advice. Nope no heavy metal at bedtime maybe classical. Again thanks for all the advice. Gotta get rid of that daylight LED in my room and everywhere else.
Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

Re: What do you use as nightight « Reply #41 on: June 30, 2020, 12:59:49 AM » Author: Binarix128
Thanks I appreciate all the help I can get. I'll certainly try all of your advice. Nope no heavy metal at bedtime maybe classical. Again thanks for all the advice. Gotta get rid of that daylight LED in my room and everywhere else.
You're welcome! You should considerate to use your daylight L*Ds in a bucket of salty water fixture.  :lol:
Wireman
Re: What do you use as nightight « Reply #42 on: June 30, 2020, 01:08:38 AM » Author: Wireman
You're welcome! You should considerate to use your daylight L*Ds in a bucket of salty water fixture.  :lol:
Best advice I've heard all day! Wonder if I could borrow Mr. Smashy from Ria?
Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

Re: What do you use as nightight « Reply #43 on: June 30, 2020, 01:33:07 AM » Author: Binarix128
Or my heavy fully metal Mr. Smashy. 0% plastic, 0% wood, 100% hard not chromated steel.  ;D

There's not L*D that can resist my Mr's smashy.  :lol:
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What do you use as nightight « Reply #44 on: June 30, 2020, 07:18:38 AM » Author: Rommie
He's on his way  :lol:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies