Author Topic: My Regent MV Ballast Not Working Right!!!!!!  (Read 4004 times)
form109
My Regent MV Ballast Not Working Right!!!!!! « on: February 09, 2009, 04:54:34 PM » Author: form109
ok,i am having technical difficultes with The 175 watt ballast from my yardblaster,it was working fine for 2 hours,then when i turned it on again only a dim Glow Discharge formed in the arctube,i checked all the connections and they were fine,someone help me out! :o
lightman64

View Posts
View Gallery

Zero 88 Lighting Controls Rule!

Re: My Regent MV Ballast Not Working Right!!!!!! « Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 05:57:57 PM » Author: lightman64
check the power cord is wired right and check the ballast grounding and laminations. regent ballasts are crappy maybe u should put in a different brand like AE.

The future of street lighting is Induction, not nasty HPS lights or cr@ppy LED lights!
Preheat CFL's should make a comeback!

form109
Re: My Regent MV Ballast Not Working Right!!!!!! « Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 06:13:52 PM » Author: form109
i checked it and it was a loose connection,but for some reason the ballast is not running the lamp up to full brightness..
lightman64

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: My Regent MV Ballast Not Working Right!!!!!! « Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 06:15:46 PM » Author: lightman64
Maybe u should resolder the wires. You should PM jace about this problem. I dont want to tell u anything that might mess it up more.

The future of street lighting is Induction, not nasty HPS lights or cr@ppy LED lights!

form109
Re: My Regent MV Ballast Not Working Right!!!!!! « Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 06:30:56 PM » Author: form109
i would try seeing if moving wires would help,but that would risk blowing a new lamp,i think its the ballast this time.
lightman64

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: My Regent MV Ballast Not Working Right!!!!!! « Reply #5 on: February 09, 2009, 06:41:57 PM » Author: lightman64
You are a hero member! congratulations!

form109
Re: My Regent MV Ballast Not Working Right!!!!!! « Reply #6 on: February 09, 2009, 07:51:19 PM » Author: form109
thanks...and i finally solved the problem..i wired the ballast diffrently...instead of following the wiring chart,i wired the lamp series to one coil,and the other coil was connected paralell to 120 volts,strange huh?
Foxtronix

View Posts
View Gallery

Formerly "TiCoune66". Also known here as Vince.

GoL UCs4tSgJSCoCIMGThBuaePhA
Re: My Regent MV Ballast Not Working Right!!!!!! « Reply #7 on: February 09, 2009, 08:45:36 PM » Author: Foxtronix
Generally the middle connector is the input, one connector has a black mark, that's the output to the lamp. The last connector goes to the neutral.

form109
Re: My Regent MV Ballast Not Working Right!!!!!! « Reply #8 on: February 09, 2009, 09:29:34 PM » Author: form109
i dont know about that...all i know was i wired the ballast diffrently than it is wired on the chart on the top of the ballast. :)
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies