Author Topic: Any Incandescent Signals Left?  (Read 5089 times)
Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: Any Incandescent Signals Left? « Reply #15 on: November 17, 2020, 07:42:43 PM » Author: Silverliner
Yes here in Simi Valley most of the yellows are still incandescent, so are a few of the greens. Very few incandescents for all 3 colors left in California.

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Any Incandescent Signals Left? « Reply #16 on: November 17, 2020, 10:58:01 PM » Author: Lumex120
There's still some incandescent signals in use in a city next to mine (Fridley MN). I saw one get replaced with an LED unit recently but that was only because the green lens got broken.
Here's a few locations:
2 (the green up arrows are incandescent too, and you can see the broken one on the right that has since been replaced)
3 (this one has a mix of inc. and LED)
4 (not 100% sure but I think at least the reds here are incandescent)
5 (moar inc. up arrows)

Unofficial LG Discord

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
Re: Any Incandescent Signals Left? « Reply #17 on: December 04, 2020, 10:01:49 PM » Author: Binarix128
On my recent travels in the city, I've seen many traffic lights still incandescent, and I might say that here most traffic lights are still incandescent
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Any Incandescent Signals Left? « Reply #18 on: December 05, 2020, 12:00:14 AM » Author: joseph_125
I wonder if there are any signal manufacturers still making incandescent signals. The manufacturers used here have been pretty much offering LED only signals for years now. The signal rated incandescent lamps are still made for the time being and are also exempt from any incandescent bans as they're not general service lamps.

I had to order some 69w incandescent signal lamps in the summer and the person that took my order was a shocked as they didn't order that particular SKU for around 5 years.
The Cooper OVX

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Any Incandescent Signals Left? « Reply #19 on: December 09, 2020, 02:39:18 PM » Author: The Cooper OVX
Some incandescent signals exist in Ottawa. I thought they were all LED when I first observed them but I think there are still lots of incandescent signals left.

Common HPS fixture in many cities. slowly being phased out.

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Any Incandescent Signals Left? « Reply #20 on: December 09, 2020, 02:50:42 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
There are probably still some in service here, but they are becoming a dying breed unfortunately  :traf:  :sadbulb:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Any Incandescent Signals Left? « Reply #21 on: December 21, 2020, 05:09:43 AM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Many many many of them. Same with the lighted sign boxes.

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Any Incandescent Signals Left? « Reply #22 on: December 22, 2020, 02:17:02 AM » Author: joseph_125
The lighted street name signs are very rare here, with only around 20 left in one neighbourhood that are still maintained (although have been LEDized).

The lighted no turn signs have been revived as LED blank out signs to better indicate to drivers when the turn restrictions are over a static sign. Ironically prior to the 90s they used to have the same thing but later removed them for energy savings.  ::)

Cool to here that there are some places still with incandescent signals. I'll have to say, I kind of miss their fade in and out as the lights change and the classic solid Canadian walking man which only the incandescent pedestrian signals had. For some reason the LED pedestrian signals all depict the walking man as a outline instead of a solid figure. Even though they make LED pedestrian signals with the solid American symbols.
Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: Any Incandescent Signals Left? « Reply #23 on: January 26, 2021, 03:58:30 AM » Author: Econolite03
Yes. In the U.S., a few small towns and unincorporated communities, particularly in the south-eastern states. Most of these communities tend to have older signals like incandescent 4-ways as they can’t afford to upgrade. Some use household LED A19s and keep the old lens and reflector assemblies in place when lamps go out.
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Any Incandescent Signals Left? « Reply #24 on: January 26, 2021, 10:54:36 AM » Author: dor123
At Zevulun/Hatealla, there are incandescent traffic signals.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies