Author Topic: What happened to Phillip Slawinski  (Read 3344 times)
RadxD461

View Posts
View Gallery

What happened to Phillip Slawinski « on: June 30, 2020, 03:45:02 PM » Author: RadxD461
Does anyone know what happened to Phillip Slawinski founder of LG? He has not been online for years.
Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
Re: What happened to Phillip Slawinski « Reply #1 on: June 30, 2020, 04:06:29 PM » Author: Binarix128
Interesting question. He doesn't logged in from 2015, and doesn't upload pics from 2009. Maybe he lost interst in lighting, or had problems in his account.

I'm not sure if what happened with him is confidential info of the site.
James

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What happened to Phillip Slawinski « Reply #2 on: July 02, 2020, 04:29:32 PM » Author: James
Phillip is still doing well, as of about a year ago when I last had contact with him.  But he has quite a few interests, and I suppose it must be at least 10 years ago that he focussed on topics other than lighting.
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What happened to Phillip Slawinski « Reply #3 on: July 09, 2020, 08:50:24 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
I would love to see the LG originals come back!

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

HPSM250R2

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What happened to Phillip Slawinski « Reply #4 on: July 09, 2020, 10:20:21 AM » Author: HPSM250R2
I agree. I would love to see all the original members of L-G come back.
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What happened to Phillip Slawinski « Reply #5 on: July 10, 2020, 07:47:31 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
I agree. I would love to see all the original members of L-G come back.
Drew came back to post that AK10 then he was gone again.

LightsDelight

View Posts
View Gallery

Fred Dirst is watching you

UCp-ouYxSgmqTWUY4RGWyAFg rollaman82
Re: What happened to Phillip Slawinski « Reply #6 on: July 23, 2020, 08:30:57 PM » Author: LightsDelight
Same thing happened with a lot of the Aussies on here. We have left LG a fey years back now, besides me. Sometimes I see some people log back in but rarely post. We haven't lost our interest with lighting :). We've migrated to a group on facebook.

Keep discharge lighting alive

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What happened to Phillip Slawinski « Reply #7 on: July 24, 2020, 12:27:33 AM » Author: Medved
Same thing happened with a lot of the Aussies on here. We have left LG a fey years back now, besides me. Sometimes I see some people log back in but rarely post. We haven't lost our interest with lighting :). We've migrated to a group on facebook.

That is not good. The FB and similar feed a tons of s#####y adds and spy scripts (targetted ads selected on heavy tracking is the main way they do their business), so no way to go there for me. I have just enough of the "tracking eye" from the pre-1989 era here (and even when run by governments, it was very lame compare to how FB and similar operate), allowing it again is to me just really big no-no.

No more selfballasted c***

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What happened to Phillip Slawinski « Reply #8 on: July 24, 2020, 04:40:39 AM » Author: Ash
That is not good. The FB and similar feed a tons of s#####y adds and spy scripts (targetted ads selected on heavy tracking is the main way they do their business), so no way to go there for me. I have just enough of the "tracking eye" from the pre-1989 era here (and even when run by governments, it was very lame compare to how FB and similar operate), allowing it again is to me just really big no-no.

I am not from that era (millenial) but as one who simpy understands the concept of sovereignity over data, i second this

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: What happened to Phillip Slawinski « Reply #9 on: July 24, 2020, 11:12:01 AM » Author: HPS_250
I also hope that some of the original LG members come back sometime. I think that most of them lost interest and/or sold their collection.

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What happened to Phillip Slawinski « Reply #10 on: July 24, 2020, 12:43:44 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
I also hope that some of the original LG members come back sometime. I think that most of them lost interest and/or sold their collection.
Hobbies come and go.

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: What happened to Phillip Slawinski « Reply #11 on: August 12, 2020, 04:19:23 PM » Author: joseph_125
IIRC I recall he moved on the other hobbies and ended up selling parts of his collection on here back in 2009-2010. I believe that was when he sold off the ownership of LG too.

Yeah I'm not a big fan of forums like this moving to places like Facebook or even Reddit.
Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What happened to Phillip Slawinski « Reply #12 on: August 13, 2020, 04:16:10 AM » Author: Medved
Hobbies come and go.

If someone leaves this site because his hobbies have shifted somewhere else, that is perfectly fine to me.
But if someone start ignoring this LG just because "on FB it is more convenient" (or something similar), that would be very sad.

No more selfballasted c***

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
Re: What happened to Phillip Slawinski « Reply #13 on: August 13, 2020, 08:03:25 AM » Author: Binarix128
FB is toxic, full of ads and BS "knowledge", while forums are molstly friendly and ads free. I don't really understand why FB instead of LG.  :(
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What happened to Phillip Slawinski « Reply #14 on: August 13, 2020, 08:50:09 AM » Author: Rommie
I wouldn't use FarceBuke if you paid me. I have never been a member, nor ever wanted to be, but somehow they got hold of my email address and to this day I get messages from so-called "friends" I have never heard of wanting me to "get in touch" with them  >:(

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies