Author Topic: How you survive these hot days ?  (Read 4064 times)
Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
Re: How you survive these hot days ? « Reply #15 on: July 02, 2020, 07:19:14 PM » Author: Binarix128
Smart idea and energy saving.
Thanks! I actually spray myself when I'm in front of the fan.  ;D
Jovan

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: How you survive these hot days ? « Reply #16 on: July 02, 2020, 07:22:15 PM » Author: Jovan
Thanks! I actually spray myself when I'm in front of the fan.  ;D
One thing which everyone especially kids like to do.Be aware of Promaja
Jovan

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: How you survive these hot days ? « Reply #17 on: July 02, 2020, 07:22:55 PM » Author: Jovan
Big open window
With Promaja it helps
Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
Re: How you survive these hot days ? « Reply #18 on: July 02, 2020, 07:30:03 PM » Author: Binarix128
With Promaja it helps
Not much. When there's strong wind my doors and windows wants to destroy themselves.  ::)
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: How you survive these hot days ? « Reply #19 on: July 02, 2020, 08:56:04 PM » Author: joseph_125
Most houses here are fitted with central AC units and most newer apartments/condos have an fan coil unit in the suite that does the heat and AC.

Older apartments and homes that used radiant heating either don't have AC or had it retrofitted in using window units or mini split AC units in the case of some older homes.
Jovan

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: How you survive these hot days ? « Reply #20 on: July 04, 2020, 04:28:19 PM » Author: Jovan
Most houses here are fitted with central AC units and most newer apartments/condos have an fan coil unit in the suite that does the heat and AC.

Older apartments and homes that used radiant heating either don't have AC or had it retrofitted in using window units or mini split AC units in the case of some older homes.
How these window ACs work ?Are they good solution ?
Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: How you survive these hot days ? « Reply #21 on: July 04, 2020, 04:34:47 PM » Author: Bulbman256
How these window ACs work ?Are they good solution ?

Some are and some are not

Im sending u  a video  explaining them and the why some of them are bad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-mBeYC2KGc&t=858s

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

Jovan

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: How you survive these hot days ? « Reply #22 on: July 04, 2020, 04:52:45 PM » Author: Jovan

Thanks.Good explanation and understoodable
LightsDelight

View Posts
View Gallery

Fred Dirst is watching you

UCp-ouYxSgmqTWUY4RGWyAFg rollaman82
Re: How you survive these hot days ? « Reply #23 on: July 21, 2020, 08:39:31 AM » Author: LightsDelight
Being born and raised in Australia the summers we get here are bearable (for me at least). I know it can be intense for people who live in colder climates like in the UK when the temperatures don't really push over the 20s. Currently here it is the middle of winter with 10 degree days and plenty of rain but recently has been like a colder spring! My recommendations (I don't really follow them :lol:) Just stay in front of a fan or air conditioning.

Keep discharge lighting alive

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: How you survive these hot days ? « Reply #24 on: July 21, 2020, 09:15:19 AM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
Being born and raised in Australia the summers we get here are bearable (for me at least). I know it can be intense for people who live in colder climates like in the UK when the temperatures don't really push over the 20s. Currently here it is the middle of winter with 10 degree days and plenty of rain but recently has been like a colder spring! My recommendations (I don't really follow them :lol:) Just stay in front of a fan or air conditioning.

Same here, since I was born in California, I'm used to hot weather since we have it quite a bit. Even here the temperatures have been quite low too despite being summer! Thursday here will be in the mid 80s, a temperature never seen before because usually the highs are in the high 90s or low triple digits. And even then, we got triple digits only two times in three day intervals. As for me, just go into a room with AC (fans are fine too, but I prefer AC whenever possible).
LightsDelight

View Posts
View Gallery

Fred Dirst is watching you

UCp-ouYxSgmqTWUY4RGWyAFg rollaman82
Re: How you survive these hot days ? « Reply #25 on: July 21, 2020, 09:31:49 AM » Author: LightsDelight
Same here, since I was born in California, I'm used to hot weather since we have it quite a bit. Even here the temperatures have been quite low too despite being summer! Thursday here will be in the mid 80s, a temperature never seen before because usually the highs are in the high 90s or low triple digits. And even then, we got triple digits only two times in three day intervals. As for me, just go into a room with AC (fans are fine too, but I prefer AC whenever possible).
Funny thing is that I can live without AC. I have worked in some high heats :lol: just wait until you get up 8 metres in a scissor lift in a steel built factory in Northern QLD around 38c with 60% humidity in long shirt and work pants. That's where I find it to be hot but even a normal 40c day is livable for me.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 09:59:32 AM by LightsDelight » Logged

Keep discharge lighting alive

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: How you survive these hot days ? « Reply #26 on: July 21, 2020, 12:20:30 PM » Author: Medved

These are not "window AC", but "portable AC". The difference is, the "window AC" is rather fix mounted into the window frame and that allows it to take the air for the condenser cooling from the outside, so do not draw the outside hot air into the building. So efficiency- and heat losses-wise there is no principal difference from the central units.
Just the compressor makes noise practically directly in your room.
On the other hand you do not need any extra pipe/ductwork, it just affect the window where it is installed.

The "portable" have just the exhaust port lead outside, the single hose is maximum what is available for a portable unit. So all the air through condenser is drawn from the cooled room, so the same volume is forced to flow in from the outside, so bringing the outside heat in. This then worsens the overall efficiency (heat gain of the room itself vs the power the unit needs to bring it down, as it has to cool down the air it sucked into the room).

No more selfballasted c***

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: How you survive these hot days ? « Reply #27 on: July 21, 2020, 04:24:25 PM » Author: Ash
There used to be proper split portable uses (2 boxes, connected together by a bundle of 2 flexible pipes and a cable), but i haven't seen one in years now
Jovan

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: How you survive these hot days ? « Reply #28 on: July 21, 2020, 05:38:35 PM » Author: Jovan
Air conditioning can cause cold,but hey you cooled yourself.
CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: How you survive these hot days ? « Reply #29 on: July 23, 2020, 09:00:35 AM » Author: CEB1993
I try to stay indoors and out of the sunlight and humidity m as much a possible. Fortunately, I work indoors and I’m allowed to dress casually so I can wear shorts. I’ve found that drinking plenty of water and staying hydrated is really important this time of the year too.

I live near a mountain spring lake that has crystal clear and cool water. Swimming is so refreshing! I’d trust the cleanliness of the natural lake water over a public pool.

I’ve heard that your body temperature naturally increases slightly in the afternoon and evening. To decrease my body temperature, I usually like to take a cool shower before bed and run my window box air conditioner to chill my bedroom down. I sleep in my boxers and enjoy being in a 65 degree room at night.

One other theory is that spicy food actually cools you off because it activates sweating. I’m not sure about this one and I actually find myself eating less during these hot days. As long as I stay hydrated, I’m in good shape. 

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies