Author Topic: Looking for unwanted HPS ballasts (paused)  (Read 2061 times)
Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Looking for unwanted HPS ballasts (paused) « on: September 24, 2020, 01:41:54 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
I'm looking for anyone in Canada or US who has the following;

35w HPS (up to 8 )
50w HPS (1)
70w HPS (3)
100w HPS (2)

50 - 100 watt ballasts must be high power factor.

The reason is I have been informed that Venture, Philips Advance and even Symban have discontinued all their ballasts and I'm unable to order them. The place I ordered from had some stock of Symbans but they are not ideal so I'm still looking for proper ballasts. Ebay is quite expensive.

If anyone has any of these ballasts they do not want, let me know. Ship paid of course and can toss in extra $.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2020, 10:37:36 PM by Lightingguy1994 » Logged

Administrator #5

HPSM250R2

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Looking for unwanted HPS ballasts « Reply #1 on: September 24, 2020, 03:07:46 PM » Author: HPSM250R2
Oh no. More bad news. Where did you find out that these manufacturers discontinued their ballasts? I really hope Advance didn't discontinue their ballasts. AEL uses Advance ballasts so if they discontinued theirs then I don't know what AEL is going to use then.
Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Looking for unwanted HPS ballasts « Reply #2 on: September 24, 2020, 03:11:10 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
Oh no. More bad news. Where did you find out that these manufacturers discontinued their ballasts? I really hope Advance didn't discontinue their ballasts. AEL uses Advance ballasts so if they discontinued theirs then I don't know what AEL is going to use then.

A lighting seller based in Markham, called Canadalite, where I usually buy my stuff from if I cant find it online, He was only able to send me some left over symban ballasts, when I had ordered Venture. When I asked about Advance, he said they are all discontinued and they have non left in stock. Said it was all wattages when I asked. I don't know if its actually true but thats what they said to me.

so for now Im stuck with some symban ballasts with integrated ignitors and NPF, which will be great for spares but not what I want in my lights. Im currently hunting around online for leads on the 35 ballasts and 70w ones. Looks like I'll be going a bit over my budget that was set for this, but I need to get these things in before winter when covid hits again
« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 03:18:49 PM by Lightingguy1994 » Logged

Administrator #5

HPSM250R2

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Looking for unwanted HPS ballasts « Reply #3 on: September 24, 2020, 05:01:27 PM » Author: HPSM250R2
A lighting seller based in Markham, called Canadalite, where I usually buy my stuff from if I cant find it online, He was only able to send me some left over symban ballasts, when I had ordered Venture. When I asked about Advance, he said they are all discontinued and they have non left in stock. Said it was all wattages when I asked. I don't know if its actually true but thats what they said to me.

so for now Im stuck with some symban ballasts with integrated ignitors and NPF, which will be great for spares but not what I want in my lights. Im currently hunting around online for leads on the 35 ballasts and 70w ones. Looks like I'll be going a bit over my budget that was set for this, but I need to get these things in before winter when covid hits again

Yeah I called Venture and they confirmed that it is true. HID ballasts are being discontinued. Apparently Advance is their parent company? I never knew that. I can't believe it. Advance is the biggest manufacturer of HID ballasts.
Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Looking for unwanted HPS ballasts « Reply #4 on: September 24, 2020, 05:13:07 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
Yeah I called Venture and they confirmed that it is true. HID ballasts are being discontinued. Apparently Advance is their parent company? I never knew that. I can't believe it. Advance is the biggest manufacturer of HID ballasts.

This is going to cause an uproar on here, I have already put up a post about it

Thread about discontinued HID ballasts
« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 05:36:24 PM by Lightingguy1994 » Logged

Administrator #5

Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Looking for unwanted HPS ballasts « Reply #5 on: September 25, 2020, 10:37:17 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
Update:

Ill no longer need to find these ballasts on LG. I have taken care of some of the most pressing ballast needs elsewhere, the remaining are still in abundance out there and can still wait a bit.

Administrator #5

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies