Author Topic: Advance/Venture have discontinued making HID ballasts  (Read 6125 times)
Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Advance/Venture have discontinued making HID ballasts « on: September 24, 2020, 05:07:55 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
Yup, unfortunately the day has come.

I attempted to order some Venture ballasts from my usual go to site and they advised that Venture and Advance have discontinued their line of HID ballasts and they had to substitute some symban ones (also discontinued) in my order.

A member on here HPSM250R2, has contacted venture and confirmed this to be true.

And people wonder why there is so much distain for LED lighting on here. Its literally sabotaging other light sources and Covid 19 has only made this happen faster which companies needing to drop products to shed some cost

Administrator #5

HPSM250R2

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Advance/Venture have discontinued making HID ballasts « Reply #1 on: September 24, 2020, 05:16:51 PM » Author: HPSM250R2
Yeah it's horrible news. All we can do is try to save what we can. Hold onto what you've got because it will get harder to find in the future.
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Advance/Venture have discontinued making HID ballasts « Reply #2 on: September 24, 2020, 06:06:49 PM » Author: joseph_125
That's too bad. I guess it'll eventually force the cities still using HPS to switch as sooner or later they'll need new fixtures/parts for spot replacements. I wonder if the other manufacturers not listed like Universal, Sola, and Robertson have followed suit. Same goes for the import brands too.
Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Advance/Venture have discontinued making HID ballasts « Reply #3 on: September 24, 2020, 06:10:20 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
May want to look into the lamps themselves too, as the same online seller lists then as not available for the 35w HPS so they have pulled the plug on those too.

Administrator #5

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Advance/Venture have discontinued making HID ballasts « Reply #4 on: September 24, 2020, 06:24:06 PM » Author: joseph_125
Yeah, I should probably look into getting a spare 35w HPS ballast and some lamps asap too. Same goes for 50w HPS as I've had a few of the lamps for years but without a matching ballast for them.
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Advance/Venture have discontinued making HID ballasts « Reply #5 on: September 24, 2020, 10:10:07 PM » Author: Lumex120
You have got to be kidding me. I knew HID stuff was going to become nothing more than stuff collectors have soon but I wasn't expecting THIS to happen.

Unofficial LG Discord

HPSM250R2

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Advance/Venture have discontinued making HID ballasts « Reply #6 on: September 24, 2020, 10:14:48 PM » Author: HPSM250R2
Yeah it's terrible. There isn't anything we can really do about it though. Whatever is going to happen will happen. So all we should probably do is just try our best to save what we can. I am. Don't necessarily do what I'm doing though spending more money than I have lol.
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Advance/Venture have discontinued making HID ballasts « Reply #7 on: September 24, 2020, 10:18:10 PM » Author: Lumex120
Yeah it's terrible. There isn't anything we can really do about it though. Whatever is going to happen will happen. So all we should probably do is just try our best to save what we can. I am. Don't necessarily do what I'm doing though spending more money than I have lol.
I have looked at the possibility of making ballasts myself, but from the looks of it it's too complicated and there are materials I wouldn't be able to source.

All I can say is, being a lighting enthusiast these days is just one disappointment after another. I really wish things didn't go this way.

Unofficial LG Discord

Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Advance/Venture have discontinued making HID ballasts « Reply #8 on: September 24, 2020, 10:21:48 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
All I can say is, being a lighting enthusiast these days is just one disappointment after another. I really wish things didn't go this way.

This is exactly how I feel. I wanted to at least take my time ordering ballasts and lamps here and there but now I feel pushed into just dropping $$$ all at once on whatever deals I can get and be done with my list of ' to-gets '  before winter.

Administrator #5

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Advance/Venture have discontinued making HID ballasts « Reply #9 on: September 24, 2020, 11:54:50 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
Sad, hopefully the smaller manufacturers will keep making HID ballasts a little longer.

This is exactly how I feel. I wanted to at least take my time ordering ballasts and lamps here and there but now I feel pushed into just dropping $$$ all at once on whatever deals I can get and be done with my list of ' to-gets '  before winter.

Same here, I'm getting whatever is a good deal since everything that's not LED is rapidly disappearing.
xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Advance/Venture have discontinued making HID ballasts « Reply #10 on: September 25, 2020, 12:32:24 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
Not one bit surprizing.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Advance/Venture have discontinued making HID ballasts « Reply #11 on: September 25, 2020, 08:22:30 PM » Author: joseph_125
This is exactly how I feel. I wanted to at least take my time ordering ballasts and lamps here and there but now I feel pushed into just dropping $$$ all at once on whatever deals I can get and be done with my list of ' to-gets '  before winter.

That's how I feel too, I would have preferred not to drop a load of money buying up stuff that I wanted to spread out over next year.
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: Advance/Venture have discontinued making HID ballasts « Reply #12 on: September 25, 2020, 08:53:52 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Have other manufacturers already discontinued HID ballasts already and is there a law that makes it illegal to manufacture and sell HID ballasts due to higher efficiency standards?

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: Advance/Venture have discontinued making HID ballasts « Reply #13 on: September 25, 2020, 08:56:31 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Have their also been manufacturers that discontinued their ENTIRE line of HID bulbs in favor of LED?

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Advance/Venture have discontinued making HID ballasts « Reply #14 on: September 25, 2020, 09:51:20 PM » Author: Lumex120
Have their also been manufacturers that discontinued their ENTIRE line of HID bulbs in favor of LED?
As far as I know it hasn't happened yet but I'm sure it will soon.

Unofficial LG Discord

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies