Author Topic: An Abused streetlight...  (Read 4487 times)
TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
An Abused streetlight... « on: March 05, 2009, 12:28:58 PM » Author: TudorWhiz
Looks bad.......I donno where it is...but a nice old classic arm that msut have had nice older classic lights has a nice looking OVF and a UGLY durastar and is tilted! Looks bad and abused! That thing must be tilting cuz the durastar is outta balance!

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: An Abused streetlight... « Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 04:49:18 PM » Author: Silverliner
These duratoilets DESERVES a BEATING, sorry guys!

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

form109
Re: An Abused streetlight... « Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 10:01:00 PM » Author: form109
no Beat the OVF leave the Durastar alone!
TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: An Abused streetlight... « Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 09:15:02 PM » Author: TudorWhiz
Nope...durastar needs a brutal beating...

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

streetlight98

View Posts
View Gallery

Mike McCann

GoL Mike McCann 88219189@N04/albums
Re: An Abused streetlight... « Reply #4 on: December 21, 2009, 04:09:02 PM » Author: streetlight98
leave 'em both alone

Please check out my newly-updated website! McCann Lighting Company is where my street light collection is displayed in detail.

RCM
Re: An Abused streetlight... « Reply #5 on: December 21, 2009, 08:10:37 PM » Author: RCM
Torture BOTH of them!  ;D
tmcdllr

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: An Abused streetlight... « Reply #6 on: December 22, 2009, 10:31:01 PM » Author: tmcdllr
Why are the red and yellow lights both lit on the traffic signal? Does that mean something, was it a camera trick, or is it a signal malfunction?

Nothing like the beautiful cool white light of a coated Mercury Vapor lamp and the soothing hum of it's magnetic ballast.

HMJMAKER01
Re: An Abused streetlight... « Reply #7 on: December 23, 2009, 01:41:41 AM » Author: HMJMAKER01
Why are the red and yellow lights both lit on the traffic signal? Does that mean something, was it a camera trick, or is it a signal malfunction?

i think its Just a Coincidence...sometimes you can time it just right and capture the Signal right when it Transitions from Yellow to Red.
Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: An Abused streetlight... « Reply #8 on: December 23, 2009, 02:12:20 AM » Author: Medved

In some countries this combination is used as "get ready" signal before green, so minimize delay between the green turning ON and cars actually accelerating. It is used mainly, where manual transmissions are mostly used, as there you need a bit more time (to shift "1",...)

No more selfballasted c***

Parrot

View Posts
View Gallery
YouTube: Parrot175

Parrot175 parrot175
Re: An Abused streetlight... « Reply #9 on: January 08, 2010, 10:14:51 PM » Author: Parrot
Wind damage???
djthomas
Re: An Abused streetlight... « Reply #10 on: February 04, 2010, 10:13:41 PM » Author: djthomas
While the traffic light combo is definitely something you'd see in the UK, this is clearly a US shot.  If you look closely I believe that the red (and presumably green) have been converted to LED.  Looks like the amber is still a halogen.  This means that while the red and green have the instant on/off that LEDs provide, the amber still has the lag time as the filament cools once power is removed.  Granted we're talking less than a half second here but I think the photographer was lucky enough to snap the shutter just at the point where the red had come on and the amber was dying off.
Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: An Abused streetlight... « Reply #11 on: February 05, 2010, 02:22:07 AM » Author: Medved
The amber together with the red is in many countries used in the sequence for ~2seconds before the green as "get ready" signal, it gives you the time to shift "1" and rev-up a bit the engine, so the delay to start after the green is then minimized, improving the road capacity a bit. Some drivers even use this time to accelerate a bit (on red they stop some distance upfront the line, then they cross it at the "green" already at some speed)

And definitely it is not UK - see the right-hand side traffic...
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 02:25:10 AM by Medved » Logged

No more selfballasted c***

streetlight98

View Posts
View Gallery

Mike McCann

GoL Mike McCann 88219189@N04/albums
Re: An Abused streetlight... « Reply #12 on: May 17, 2010, 05:39:09 PM » Author: streetlight98
Here in the USA, there is no time delay, though.
The amber together with the red is in many countries used in the sequence for ~2seconds before the green as "get ready" signal, it gives you the time to shift "1" and rev-up a bit the engine, so the delay to start after the green is then minimized, improving the road capacity a bit. Some drivers even use this time to accelerate a bit (on red they stop some distance upfront the line, then they cross it at the "green" already at some speed)

And definitely it is not UK - see the right-hand side traffic...

Please check out my newly-updated website! McCann Lighting Company is where my street light collection is displayed in detail.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies