Author Topic: Pearl MB/U lamps on eBay!!!!!! (listing ended)  (Read 3175 times)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Pearl MB/U lamps on eBay!!!!!! (listing ended) « on: October 08, 2020, 03:42:25 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
I just found three auctions for rare pearl MB/U lamps on eBay:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-1950s-CROMPTON-80w-Pearl-3-PIN-BAYONET-MERCURY-LAMPS-B22d-3-CAP/264889531229?hash=item3daca57b5d:g:RPEAAOSwLAlffKG-

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-1950s-Mercra-BTH-80w-Pearl-3-PIN-BAYONET-MERCURY-LAMPS-B22d-3-CAP/264889537310?hash=item3daca5931e:g:MKoAAOSwMjVffKTT

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-1970s-EKCO-125w-Pearl-3-PIN-BAYONET-MERCURY-LAMPS-B22d-3-CAP/264889540846?hash=item3daca5a0ee:g:w58AAOSwtjtffKa9

« Last Edit: October 13, 2020, 01:28:28 PM by WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA » Logged

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Pearl MB/U lamps on eBay!!!!!! « Reply #1 on: October 13, 2020, 01:27:43 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Update: somebody won the auction. Hopefully a collector or two won all these lamps due to their rarity.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

SilverRay
Re: Pearl MB/U lamps on eBay!!!!!! (listing ended) « Reply #2 on: October 13, 2020, 01:44:01 PM » Author: SilverRay
I have a strong doubts about the biddings... The bids raising was too high. Especially for the EKCO lamp, imho.
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Pearl MB/U lamps on eBay!!!!!! (listing ended) « Reply #3 on: October 13, 2020, 01:54:32 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
I have a strong doubts about the biddings... The bids raising was too high. Especially for the EKCO lamp, imho.

If I would have won one of those lamps, it would probably become the first time a British 3 pin BC mercury lamp has ever been lit up on 60hz mains.

funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Pearl MB/U lamps on eBay!!!!!! (listing ended) « Reply #4 on: October 13, 2020, 02:32:51 PM » Author: funkybulb
I just won the 80 watt Pearl Merca  on here.   It coming home to Texas.

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Pearl MB/U lamps on eBay!!!!!! (listing ended) « Reply #5 on: October 13, 2020, 03:15:23 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

Hopefully you can light it up on a H38 ballast  and make a video of it so that people can see it running on 60hz since I have never seen anyone running a 3 pin BC mercury lamp on 60hz mains.

funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Pearl MB/U lamps on eBay!!!!!! (listing ended) « Reply #6 on: October 13, 2020, 03:36:29 PM » Author: funkybulb
@ WorldwideHidcollectorUSA.

There no need tell me how to run my Mercury lamp
  I will light it right off my fluorescent ballast.

Second Why are u posting Auction style ebay on
 LG?   Some it has cause problems in the past

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Pearl MB/U lamps on eBay!!!!!! (listing ended) « Reply #7 on: October 13, 2020, 03:52:52 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

I was at first interested in getting people to be aware of these listings. I did eventually find out that it probably is not a good idea.

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Pearl MB/U lamps on eBay!!!!!! (listing ended) « Reply #8 on: October 13, 2020, 03:55:11 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

It would at least be cool to see it lit up on whatever ballast you choose. The idea of running these lamps on H38 ballasts is just my personal preference.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Pearl MB/U lamps on eBay!!!!!! (listing ended) « Reply #9 on: October 23, 2020, 04:49:15 PM » Author: Rommie
Great news, I just got the Crompton one today, it's lit as I type this, photos to come soon, we have a lot of lamps to photograph  ;D  :mv:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Pearl MB/U lamps on eBay!!!!!! (listing ended) « Reply #10 on: October 23, 2020, 06:24:00 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Great news, I just got the Crompton one today, it's lit as I type this, photos to come soon, we have a lot of lamps to photograph  ;D  :mv:
Boy, do we ever, I've just counted up the amount of lampses that we scored in our mega haul... :wndr:

Seventy two plus the three that we actually paid for is over a week's worth of uploads.!  8)

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Pearl MB/U lamps on eBay!!!!!! (listing ended) « Reply #11 on: November 05, 2020, 08:47:30 AM » Author: funkybulb
 It finally Arrived here in Texas,   I was packed in Fiberglass insulation as packing material. 

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Pearl MB/U lamps on eBay!!!!!! (listing ended) « Reply #12 on: November 05, 2020, 08:51:07 AM » Author: Rommie
It finally Arrived here in Texas,   I was packed in Fiberglass insulation as packing material.
Yay..! Glad it made it ok, look forward to seeing pictures  :mv: :mv: :mv:

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: Pearl MB/U lamps on eBay!!!!!! (listing ended) « Reply #13 on: November 05, 2020, 09:44:28 AM » Author: HPS_250

Glad it arrive safely, you really don’t want anything to happen to a rare lamp like that!

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Pearl MB/U lamps on eBay!!!!!! (listing ended) « Reply #14 on: July 20, 2021, 08:58:40 AM » Author: Rommie
Still waiting to see this lit, Jeremy  :mv: :bulbman:

Give us a call sometime  :love:

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies