Author Topic: Major dating error for GE 250w probe start MH bulb.  (Read 2358 times)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Major dating error for GE 250w probe start MH bulb. « on: October 17, 2020, 07:07:35 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Here is a video where a lighting enthusiast dates a probe start metal halide bulb to 1942!!!! In reality, metal halide bulbs were not around by then. In reality, mostly medium pressure mercury lamps were made back then.

Here is the video that mentions the critical dating error:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgAcWqPswS0

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Major dating error for GE 250w probe start MH bulb. « Reply #1 on: October 17, 2020, 07:24:26 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Again , there's another reason why I believe that a majority of YouTube videos are CRAP  !

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Major dating error for GE 250w probe start MH bulb. « Reply #2 on: October 17, 2020, 07:35:53 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Again , there's another reason why I believe that a majority of YouTube videos are CRAP  !

Actually, this lighting enthusiast is very new to lighting and does not have much experience. He should deserve some respect.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Major dating error for GE 250w probe start MH bulb. « Reply #3 on: October 18, 2020, 01:35:30 AM » Author: tolivac
I did "gently" correct the author of this video.Someone else responded in the same manner.He appears to be a "flashoholic" lighting enthusiast of sorts.Has a nice test stand for his lights.That bulb would had to have gone thru a time portal to be 1942!
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Major dating error for GE 250w probe start MH bulb. « Reply #4 on: October 18, 2020, 01:45:49 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
I did "gently" correct the author of this video.Someone else responded in the same manner.He appears to be a "flashoholic" lighting enthusiast of sorts.Has a nice test stand for his lights.That bulb would had to have gone thru a time portal to be 1942!

In reality, the only HID lamps around at that time were MV and LPS.

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Major dating error for GE 250w probe start MH bulb. « Reply #5 on: October 18, 2020, 11:40:50 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Hopefully this guy doesn't flip out at people who try to teach him and correct mistakes in his video . Unlike the other guy who basically freaked out at our members and then deleted all the comments .  If he's willing to actually learn something as well as try to teach others than kudos to him . Then he'd probably be a good person to invite to LG .  :bulbman:

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Major dating error for GE 250w probe start MH bulb. « Reply #6 on: October 18, 2020, 01:52:12 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
He is very curious about learning about lighting. For example, he was wondering about what halide salts are used in colored metal halide lamps. He really appreciated it so much after I brought up that thread here on lighting gallery.

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Major dating error for GE 250w probe start MH bulb. « Reply #7 on: October 18, 2020, 03:48:56 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Do you know how you can correct Frankie L’s dating error with his supposed “1942” GE metal halide lamp? I believe the lamp etch says “42” on it.

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Major dating error for GE 250w probe start MH bulb. « Reply #8 on: October 18, 2020, 07:46:24 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Either Silverliner or fluorescentlover 40 should be able to . I do know that sometime in the early to mid 90's GE started using the actual month and year date in the date code . For example , 0498 would be April 1998 .

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies