Author Topic: Please Post Your Christmas Light Sets  (Read 3683 times)
Bubbler Tube

View Posts
View Gallery

Please Post Your Christmas Light Sets « on: October 24, 2020, 05:07:35 AM » Author: Bubbler Tube
As It's Getting TO That Time of Year Again...
MANY Thanks

I LOVE Bulbs, Be They The Light up Kind or the Ones That Grow...

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Please Post Your Christmas Light Sets « Reply #1 on: October 24, 2020, 09:46:06 AM » Author: Rommie
That time of year..? Don't be silly, it's not the 23rd of December yet  :P :lol: :love:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: Please Post Your Christmas Light Sets « Reply #2 on: October 24, 2020, 10:35:25 AM » Author: HPS_250
That time of year..? Don't be silly, it's not the 23rd of December yet  :P :lol: :love:

I decorate for Christmas on November 20!  :lol:

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: Please Post Your Christmas Light Sets « Reply #3 on: October 24, 2020, 12:30:56 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Already gone through some of my lights today, scrapped an old set for parts and I'm gonna hang up some Phillips twinkling lights in my room now that i have command hook parts

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Please Post Your Christmas Light Sets « Reply #4 on: October 25, 2020, 09:44:23 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: sox35
Lights started going up at the end of September...I'll be lucky to be done in time for 'lights on day' ie: Thanksgiving. .LOL.

Oh and when you're an XmasLightGuy, ChristmasLights is a 365 day a year thing .LOL. (atleast in thought. not outside on the house.)

@Bubbler Tube:
I have lots already posted from previous years :)  and recently got some more pic's ready. planning to post sometime in the next couple weeks.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Bubbler Tube

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Please Post Your Christmas Light Sets « Reply #5 on: October 27, 2020, 08:03:10 AM » Author: Bubbler Tube

@Bubbler Tube:
I have lots already posted from previous years :)  and recently got some more pic's ready. planning to post sometime in the next couple weeks.

I'm LOOKING Foreword To Seeing What You Have This Year
 :inc: :inc: :inc:

vytautas_lamps

View Posts
View Gallery

My idol is Mylene Farmer, deal with it.

Re: Please Post Your Christmas Light Sets « Reply #6 on: October 28, 2020, 05:04:01 AM » Author: vytautas_lamps

I decorate for Christmas on November 20!  :lol:
LOL! I decorate for Christmas always on December 1st and I always keep it up till February 1st.. It became sorta our tradition since I started collecting soviet Christmas light garlands three years ago.. I always buy a huge two meter high silver fir because it is cheaper, a whole lot cheaper than a pine, and it lasts longer.  :love:   ;D

New lighting technologies is a pity fest everywhere you look. From LEDs that last only for two months, to a never-ending global starvation of t8 fluorescent tubes.
We shall reinforce ourselves with good old full mercury t12s and HIDs made to surpass one's life, and give them all the middle finger ;

Bubbler Tube

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Please Post Your Christmas Light Sets « Reply #7 on: October 28, 2020, 10:06:53 AM » Author: Bubbler Tube
LOL! I decorate for Christmas always on December 1st and I always keep it up till February 1st.. It became sorta our tradition since I started collecting soviet Christmas light garlands three years ago.. I always buy a huge two meter high silver fir because it is cheaper, a whole lot cheaper than a pine, and it lasts longer.  :love:   ;D

OOOoooh
Please Share Some Photos If You Have Chance Too
MANY Thanks

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: Please Post Your Christmas Light Sets « Reply #8 on: October 28, 2020, 07:30:13 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: vytautas_lamps
I decorate for Christmas always on December 1st and I always keep it up till February 1st..
.wow. I start taking down the weekend after new-years.
Dependant on how busy I am, and the weather (for example if there's allot of snow/ice on the roof), it may be spring before everything is down & put away, but it is kept turned off.

For inside... its trees (artificial ofcourse) .. like a little forest of them :) and I use single-color mini light strings (mostly LED)

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Bubbler Tube

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Please Post Your Christmas Light Sets « Reply #9 on: October 29, 2020, 11:54:03 AM » Author: Bubbler Tube
.wow. I start taking down the weekend after new-years.
Dependant on how busy I am, and the weather (for example if there's allot of snow/ice on the roof), it may be spring before everything is down & put away, but it is kept turned off.

How Do The Lights Hold Up to Snow/Ice?
MANY Thanks
Have ALWAYS Wondered About This......

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: Please Post Your Christmas Light Sets « Reply #10 on: October 29, 2020, 08:00:27 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
@Bubbler Tube:
I've never had any problems. Snow is pretty harmless even if the lights are completely buried in a couple feet of it.
Ice is fine if the lights are laying flat on the roof or something and get coated...but if you lived in a place that got ice-storms, lights hanging in trees or along the edge of the roofline, or around windows, etc. Then just like tree branches and powerlines, they'll get weighted down and break the wires.
For me, the biggest problem weather-wize has been wind!

------------
Oh and just don't grab a plugged-in set of lights if its gotten wet by melting snow, or rain. That can be a shocking experiance :o
« Last Edit: October 29, 2020, 09:16:05 PM by xmaslightguy » Logged

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: Please Post Your Christmas Light Sets « Reply #11 on: November 01, 2020, 11:57:05 PM » Author: HPS_250
I’m decorating for Christmas a bit early this year! I will start on November 15. Most of my light sets are regular colored incandescents, but I’ll post a few of them.

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

Bubbler Tube

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Please Post Your Christmas Light Sets « Reply #12 on: November 02, 2020, 08:55:52 AM » Author: Bubbler Tube
Sadly These Are NO Longer Made
 :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Please Post Your Christmas Light Sets « Reply #13 on: November 02, 2020, 09:00:14 AM » Author: Rommie
That's a pity, they're lovely little lampses  :bulbman:

Here they are bubbling away nicely  8)

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Bubbler Tube

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Please Post Your Christmas Light Sets « Reply #14 on: November 17, 2020, 07:02:07 AM » Author: Bubbler Tube
Christmas Lights Are Now Up In Town.....

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies