Author Topic: Your dreams about lighting...  (Read 93276 times)
rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #165 on: May 14, 2015, 07:19:45 AM » Author: rjluna2
Last night, I dreamt that I was at my work with full of recessed can of E17 Mercury Vapor bulbs giving off faint feeble glow. The room is really dark.

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #166 on: May 14, 2015, 05:00:24 PM » Author: Solanaceae
About a month ago I had a dream I was in Florida. I strayed away from the hotel area and wandered into the forest. I walked deeper into the forest via a macheted-out path to an abandoned barn that had like six f96t12 slimlines with ken rad lamps in them. The main lights hanging from the ceiling were shop lights with tulamp ballasts and harmony house starters. The outside of the barn had some old NEMA 175 watt bucket fixtures with the shades and bulbs intact. The barn still was powered and everything was like brand new.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

TheLightingCollector

View Posts
View Gallery

UCuHQve8emnnL_d9oU44qklw
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #167 on: May 15, 2015, 09:14:48 PM » Author: TheLightingCollector
I had a lighting dream where our city got a new mayor and he HATED the HPS lights in the city and replaced them with MH lights. But instead of keeping them MH, he put MV bulbs in all the residential street lights and added more poles on the streets. 250watts for the residential streets and 400watts for major 6 lane roads. Higways got 1000watts MH and were AEL 327s. All the high mast lights were 1500watts MH and were super nice. They used a vareity of lights in the town but kept one brand and model of light per block.
Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #168 on: May 17, 2015, 11:41:34 PM » Author: Solanaceae
@Coolcat97: I dislike the HPS lanterns too; they are infecting streets like a virus. I've seen some perfect 400w cobra heads be replaced only due to a burnt lamp. At least they had crew out relamping them with proper bulbs, I noticed that after I got home for vacation! ;D   The old 175 NEMA bucket out front of my house has gone thru at least three lamp shades since I moved in. The tree branches always knocked the clips off. The fixture was replaced, due to a dead ballast :'(   At least the city made an effort to replace the bulb before anything else. The new HPS fixture has the cover swinging by the hinjes because it got un clipped by the same tree :P   The other HPS on the opposite of my neighborhood has the cover fallen off and a bird has taken up residency in it :)

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #169 on: September 25, 2015, 10:31:57 AM » Author: Lumex120
I have had quite a few, but I can only remember a few right now:
1. I was in a dollar store (a real store, but much larger in the dream) and it had some 2x4 fluorescent troffers, and some weird 2x4 troffers with mesh on the lenses and they were giving of a pinkish-white light. I saw one that was open, and in each end, it had 3 aged metal halide lamps arranged in a "Y" shape. Then, there was a clear tube running the whole length of the fixture and it was giving off a pinkish-white light. Probably a Nitrogen lamp or something.

2. I found a bunch of large metal halide posttops by the side of the road. They were the size for 400w lamps, but after I took them home and opened one, I found a 1kw BT37 cram lamp in it. Glarebomb for sure. :o
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 12:23:33 PM by Zarlog » Logged

Unofficial LG Discord

ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #170 on: September 27, 2015, 04:38:17 PM » Author: ace100w120v
I had a dream last night in which we were having some work done to the house or something, I looked out the window in the backyard toward my burn area (I have to incinerate my trash here; just pile it up and burn it) and they'd thrown a bunch of my vintage 4' fixtures and lamps in there, I watched them douse them in diesel and light them up.   Woke up LIVID.  ::)
Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #171 on: September 28, 2015, 07:11:57 AM » Author: Ash
I am visiting a friend's place, that is a mansion (i think one from some anime). It's all lit with 40W T12s on SRS (240V version of Rapid Start), and are not wanting to start at all, or they stay dim etc... All sorts of Rapid Start misbehaving, making the place only dimly lit at most no matter how much switch flipping or lamp twisting in the sockets

Probably inspired by the ghost discussion ? '-'
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #172 on: September 28, 2015, 02:56:24 PM » Author: Lumex120
Had another one-
I went in the basement, flipped the switch and the RS shoplight stayed dim and purple, as if it was missing a lamp. However, both lamps looked like this. There are also a few incandescent fixtures, so the place wasn't totally dark. Then I try to turn on more of the shoplights, only to find they do the same thing. One of the shoplights had 2 f40t12 /BLB lamps in it, so they put out almost no light.
Kinda like those dreams I am sure we all used to have where you would flip the light switch and nothing would happen, then everything becomes really creepy...
@ace100w120v How would the fire damage the fixtures that bad? it would burn the insulation off the wires, but if the fixtures were metal, they shouldn't burn. If that happened to me in real life though, I don't know how I would react... :o

Unofficial LG Discord

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #173 on: October 01, 2015, 09:31:11 AM » Author: Lumex120
Another one from a few months ago:
In a large indoor basketball stadium, there was a drop ceiling with 2x4 troffers. However, the ceiling was extremely high and you could see the troffers weren't fluorescent. One was open, and I looked inside and saw a horizontally mounted bt56  :mv: lamp in it. A few others had 1kw MH lamps, and one had an EYE 940w HPS conversion lamp in it. (don't ask how I knew what kind of bulb it was)

Unofficial LG Discord

xelareverse

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #174 on: October 13, 2015, 01:08:35 AM » Author: xelareverse
A LONG time ago when I was a toddler  I had a dream that I had just gotten up in the morning and the celing fan had been knoked down violently by a monster. Another one only a few years ago I had a dream that I was at Meijer and the ac units with the big vents were sucking stuff towards the celing including me,shopping cart,coins etc. Thankfully the lights were ok😥in the dream.
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #175 on: November 05, 2015, 09:33:45 AM » Author: Lumex120
Another one-
I found four Silverliners laying by the road, two remote ballasted and 2 with built in ballasts, and they were all 400w MH. I was walking, so I had to make multiple trips (2 miles, don't ask how I survived) and when I finally got back, I was about to test them and...I woke up. >:( It even felt real, finding these just laying by the road, but of course it was too good to be true. :P

Unofficial LG Discord

mdcastle

View Posts
View Gallery

mdcastle 26956281@N02
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #176 on: November 07, 2015, 01:09:58 PM » Author: mdcastle
When I was a kid I had a nightmare that I-35W was converted from mercury lights to HPS. A few years later it happened for real.
xelareverse

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #177 on: November 07, 2015, 01:25:55 PM » Author: xelareverse
When I was a kid I had a nightmare that I-35W was converted from mercury lights to HPS. A few years later it happened for real.

That's just sad
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #178 on: November 10, 2015, 09:04:14 AM » Author: Lumex120
Another one: In the ally in a plastic garbage bag, I found several random neon tubes and so i took the ones i found most interesting. Some of them were shaped like letters, others were straight or curvy. I even found a red f25t12 made by GE, only to wake up and find out it wasn't real. ::)

Unofficial LG Discord

ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #179 on: November 11, 2015, 10:28:55 PM » Author: ace100w120v
I had a dream a couple nights ago in which I was in what I "knew" was a DMV.  It actually was laid out more like a public library (circulation desk in the middle, etc) or a showroom or something.  It was this fairly big, open layout, lit with run-of-the-mill 2XF96T12 strips.  Strange thing that as fas as I know doesn't exist in real life was that some of them were lamped with True Value brand 75 watt HL41 lamps! Other lights had the same lamps except the (real) 60w.  The energy savers were dim and flickery, whereas the full power lamps were bright, just like in real life!

Later in the dream, there was a house (Attached to this place?) with inside-frost Philips bulbs and a few Sylvanias.  That's all I remember...the dream wasn't so much lighting as it was other things I won't mention here...but I was just "glancing" at the lighting in those places, like I do in real life (I always look up in public places to see what lamps are used, etc)
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies