Author Topic: Your dreams about lighting...  (Read 91384 times)
chapman84
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #15 on: April 19, 2009, 12:47:16 PM » Author: chapman84
I had a dream that one of the municipalities in my area had all the streetlights replaced with high pressure sodium ones, then a fews weeks later it actually happened, in my town. :o
yuandrew

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #16 on: May 19, 2009, 04:40:48 AM » Author: yuandrew
I could recall a couple dreams involving lighting. In my younger years, it usually involved me turning on a light switch with nothing happening or there would be a power failure right before I flip the switch.

Other dreams involve going through a familiar place or my own town but the street light fixtures would be different than what is in real life. One example I could remember is heading through a freeway interchange like this one
on an overcast day and seeing day-burning LPS fixtures in place of the HPS cobraheads. Now I dream in color most of the time and the color information in my dreams are accurate enough that I could tell a cool white fluorescent from a daylight or in this case, LPS vs HPS.

Another I could remember was being behind a Taco Bell and there was a LPS light right outside the back door. On closer inspection, the tube inside the LPS bulb was actually shaped like a spiral CFL and even had phosphor but when the light came on, it lit up a pinkish-red color which then turned into the familiar orange LPS color as the lamp warmed up.
rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #17 on: May 31, 2009, 10:28:55 PM » Author: rjluna2
Oh yeah, I dreamt a giant BT MV lamp that is half coated at the bottom.  The bulb is large as I am.  Then someone flipped the switch and seeing the ceiling lamps clear MV lamp igniting, but it doesn't get any brighter.

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #18 on: May 31, 2009, 10:32:12 PM » Author: rjluna2
Some years ago, I dreamt that I was in the family room and the sun was setting and the room was getting darker.  I attempted to turned on the double desk lights and it doesn't come on.  I looked under the desk lamp and all I can see faint feeble mercury arc glowing.

rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #19 on: June 01, 2009, 08:18:01 AM » Author: rjluna2
I dreamt there was 1KW incandescent light bulb with Wood's glass fitted in bowl fixture at the hallway.

arcblue

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #20 on: June 01, 2009, 03:54:56 PM » Author: arcblue
I remember several about my old neighborhood, which has always had HPS shoebox fixtures on wooden poles. One dream I had involved me walking around at night and every fixture was either out or cycling (the way HPS lamps do when they have already been cycling for a while and only come on for less than a minute, and usually green-colored) - very creepy.

In another dream, they added more poles in that neighborhood, so there were streetlights almost every meter apart...

I had another one where the photocontrol that controlled our home's path lighting kept shutting lights off at night & turning them on during the day. That part of the dream kept showing up as part of other dreams, too.

Another one had to do with the two Compax magnetic fluorescent lamps I had in my ceiling lamp in my old bedroom there - now long gone, but I would turn the lights on and the starters would glow and the lights would blink occasionally for about 5 minutes before they finally lit.

I also had a dream of being on this awesome, HUGE beach (not like any I'd ever seen)....which had finned OV-50's all along the seawall to light it at night. How cool is that?

And in another beach dream I went through an abandoned park and found a lone McGraw Edison yard light with a clear Westinghouse merc lamp....I always wanted one of those.

I have lots of dreams that light fixtures make their way into. Often they involve problems with the lamps that I have to fix.

I'm lampin...

rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #21 on: June 01, 2009, 04:39:05 PM » Author: rjluna2
One time I dreamt that I have a book full of pictures of light bulbs lights up along with the caption of each bulb.  One of the picture stand out at one page is a PS silver bowl lamp and according the description, this one is 260W 120V Infrared Lamp.

Foxtronix

View Posts
View Gallery

Formerly "TiCoune66". Also known here as Vince.

GoL UCs4tSgJSCoCIMGThBuaePhA
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #22 on: June 09, 2009, 10:20:23 PM » Author: Foxtronix
Last night I made a WEIRD dream: I was in a car with Jace and Phil (I know, how weird!) we were discussing about something and then, Jace said: "Oh look, a Form 109!", and Phil said "Huh? Where?" then I tell him "Too bad, you missed it, it was beautiful." I don't know where we were and who was driving (We were all 3 in the back of the car).

Strange dream isn't it?

form109
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #23 on: June 10, 2009, 12:13:32 AM » Author: form109
Last night I made a WEIRD dream: I was in a car with Jace and Phil (I know, how weird!) we were discussing about something and then, Jace said: "Oh look, a Form 109!", and Phil said "Huh? Where?" then I tell him "Too bad, you missed it, it was beautiful." I don't know where we were and who was driving (We were all 3 in the back of the car).

Strange dream isn't it?

Yep. 8)
lightman64

View Posts
View Gallery

Zero 88 Lighting Controls Rule!

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #24 on: June 26, 2009, 10:26:39 AM » Author: lightman64
I had a dream last night that I was changing the bulbs in the Rapid start fixture in my bathroom over my sink and when I opened the cover the bulbs were from the 1960's and had turned a rainbow color!!

The future of street lighting is Induction, not nasty HPS lights or cr@ppy LED lights!
Preheat CFL's should make a comeback!

form109
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #25 on: June 26, 2009, 12:37:40 PM » Author: form109
i had a Dream that Mercury Vapor Fixtures were installed again.
lightman64

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #26 on: June 26, 2009, 04:49:54 PM » Author: lightman64
I think a lot of people here on LG have had that dream.....

The future of street lighting is Induction, not nasty HPS lights or cr@ppy LED lights!

KEDER

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #27 on: June 26, 2009, 05:06:25 PM » Author: KEDER
I dont have that dream. i just have dreams that are wierd. i do have SOME lighting dreams lol. like:

A long time ago, beore i got any lights, i dreampted i got a m-400 r3. xD (didint know the model name back then, and also, i thought it was way smaller than it was)

and not too long ago, there was a dayburner, on the ground, with the photocell covered... but the light changed from like cobrahead to bucket light. idk why, i dont choose my dreams.
Alights

View Posts
View Gallery

USA (120V 60HZ)

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #28 on: July 08, 2009, 09:09:51 PM » Author: Alights
I have had a lot of lighting dreams, one I remember was when I turned on the switch to the 2 lamp f40t12 all of them just dimly flickered and even trying to fix them didn't work.
lightman64

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #29 on: July 09, 2009, 03:34:56 PM » Author: lightman64
I had a dream that I was scared of lightbulbs and a giant CFL kept following me around and then it killed Jace!!

Then I woke up.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies