Author Topic: What did you do today NOT lighting wise  (Read 53978 times)
thelightingman

View Posts
View Gallery
All lighting except LED rules!

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #195 on: June 04, 2022, 11:39:53 AM » Author: thelightingman
Today I started restoration work on a vintage high velocity fan that I have. I had to sand a TON of rust off of it and am now repainting it the original color. Pictures of the fan after restoration coming soon.

I think HPS, MV, and MH rule! :mv: :mvc: :hps: :emh: Ban LED instead! :eoled:

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #196 on: June 05, 2022, 12:16:16 AM » Author: Bulbman256
Went with my brother to go do a small gig and help move and organize a few things for the neighbors, got a good workout moving around. ;D

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #197 on: June 16, 2022, 11:35:12 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
I spent a couple hours fixing my dead riding mower.  Turned out to be bad spark plugs . While I was in there , I also did an oil & filter change and fuel filter change . I'll get a new air filter tomorrow probably . I've never had a random spark plug failure before ! I was mowing the front yard Monday when it all of the sudden started coughing and spitting as if it was running out of gas and died and wouldn't restart . With the new plugs , it fired up on the 1st try !

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #198 on: June 17, 2022, 06:53:34 AM » Author: Rommie
It was our 6th wedding anniversary yesterday so we went out for a meal and then to the pub for the first time in over 2 years  :love: :bulbman:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

AgentHalogen_87

View Posts
View Gallery

Long Live SOX!

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #199 on: June 17, 2022, 08:03:57 AM » Author: AgentHalogen_87
Congratulations! A SOX lamp salute to you both! :sox35: :sox35: :sox35: :sox35: :sox35: :sox35: :love:
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #200 on: June 17, 2022, 09:21:35 AM » Author: Rommie
Thanks, it was a good evening. We'd forgotten that Thursday evening is the day for the traditional folk music sessions, if we'd remembered we'd have taken our instruments, we used to enjoy that. No prizes for guessing where we'll be next week  :lol:

If you're interested, here is a Youtube clip showing one of these sessions. We're not in this particular one, but it gives you an idea of the sort of music we play.

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

AgentHalogen_87

View Posts
View Gallery

Long Live SOX!

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #201 on: June 17, 2022, 09:38:44 AM » Author: AgentHalogen_87
Wow I'm impressed. I'm hypersensitive to sound so can't listen to music very often. Anything heavy beat or too loud disorientates me. That is actually at a near perfect level for me to enjoy :)
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #202 on: June 19, 2022, 02:41:59 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
It was our 6th wedding anniversary yesterday so we went out for a meal and then to the pub for the first time in over 2 years  :love: :bulbman:

:lps: :lps: :lps: HAPPY ANNIVERSARY !!  :lps: :lps: :lps:

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #203 on: June 19, 2022, 07:03:17 AM » Author: Rommie
Thanks Tim, chat soon  :cat: :love:

108CAM

View Posts
View Gallery

Diehard MV, HPS, SOX & Preheat Fluorescent Fanatic

UCG6Xojn8dNgDuN9J7_Gnj8w
Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #204 on: June 21, 2022, 01:08:39 AM » Author: 108CAM
I've been working on an intercom/telephone system that I built about 2 years ago. I recently swapped out the home theater in a box amplifier with a karaoke amplifier that has much better sound quality and doesn't get hot. I'm currently rebuilding my homemade module that allows me to connect my telephone controller to the amplifier.
I've also done more trashpicking and scored a giant teddy bear, a few more telephones, copper wire, and of course, light fixtures.

Fluro starter pings combined with a 50hz ballast hum and blinking tubes is music to my ears.

Rest in Peace Electronic Lamp Manufacturers of Australia
1925-2002

Bring back the AJF Zodiacs!

Total incidents since joining LG: 17
Lamps accidently broken or smashed: 14
Ballast explosions/burnouts: 3

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #205 on: June 26, 2022, 04:16:25 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Both Ria and myself are getting interested in test kit now.   8)
We do have some of the Multi Function Testers, that will allow you to test four of the leccytrickle parameters, and I thought it might be nice to see if we could get some of the individual instruments that were combined into an MFT.  :wndr:
So after having had a shufti on eBay over the weekend all of the bits of test kit will be on their way to us.  ;D

Pictures of the kit will be uploaded once we get them.

PS @ Cameron, can we see a piccy of the cuddly in off topic please... :-*

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #206 on: June 27, 2022, 03:23:27 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Well, I've been bitten by the test equipment bug again, and have now bought a Hameg HM 203-6 Oscilloscope.!!!

Yup, we're mad...  :mrg:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #207 on: June 27, 2022, 03:27:18 PM » Author: Rommie
Yep, totally mad, we'll be challenging Mad Max for the top totally bonkers position on LG soon, if this carries on  :mrg:

Where we're going to put it all is beyond me  :lol:

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #208 on: June 27, 2022, 03:54:53 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Looks like I got to Play my A: game. :lol:

Oh and B: I fixed a toilet today, had to change the flapper that gets pulled up when you pulled the handle as it was damaged and leaking water into the bowl driving my mom insane over the noise. 8)

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #209 on: June 28, 2022, 01:42:41 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Worked on my dead riding mower...AGAIN !! This time the carburetor had a heart attack . The new carb. should be here by the weekend...SHOULD BE !!   I'M STARTING TO HATE THIS THING !!!  >:( :curse:

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies