Author Topic: What did you do today NOT lighting wise  (Read 52465 times)
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #225 on: July 03, 2022, 06:17:52 PM » Author: Rommie
@ Model25FanForever - Personally I prefer conduit if it's installed properly. By conduit I mean heavy gauge steel, not plastic, and not straight bits held together with elbow joints, but properly bent where necessary. Yes, it's a pain to install (trust me, I know..!) but if it's done correctly it will last a lifetime and it makes rewiring a breeze.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Molly

View Posts
View Gallery

The wild Lampent hates LEDs!

mollylovesreptiles UChSn_GuLy2eE43RAiEFyoEw mollylovesreptiles
Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #226 on: July 03, 2022, 09:55:11 PM » Author: Molly
Went to a private waterpark!

If you want to use any of my photos, please ask me for permission, and make sure to add credit. Thank you! :love:

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #227 on: July 03, 2022, 11:07:22 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Today's project was replacing the rusted out front to rear brake line on my 1987 ambulance . THAT SUCKED !! The original line blew last fall. even though this beast never sees the road , it still needs working brakes as even moving it around the yard is a bit of a task without them . I use it primarily for storage , but it's also great for trimming trees as I can stand on the roof instead of trying to balance on a ladder while operating a chainsaw !

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #228 on: July 04, 2022, 09:13:30 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Just don't do what my boss did once, lean a ladder up against the branch he was cutting off.!!  :poof:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #229 on: July 04, 2022, 10:45:42 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Another reason why I like the idea of standing on the large roof of the ambulance !!

Foxtronix

View Posts
View Gallery

Formerly "TiCoune66". Also known here as Vince.

GoL UCs4tSgJSCoCIMGThBuaePhA
Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #230 on: July 05, 2022, 07:16:58 PM » Author: Foxtronix
I got COVID. Yaaaayyyy....

(Actually that was a few days ago but I'm still recovering as I'm writing this.)

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #231 on: July 05, 2022, 07:22:30 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Hope you have a speedy recovery  :-*

Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #232 on: July 06, 2022, 01:02:35 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Get well soon !!

Foxtronix

View Posts
View Gallery

Formerly "TiCoune66". Also known here as Vince.

GoL UCs4tSgJSCoCIMGThBuaePhA
Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #233 on: July 06, 2022, 05:06:05 PM » Author: Foxtronix
Thanks to you two!

I wasn't on my way to the graveyard, don't worry LOL. All I had was a sore upper throat (making swallowing kinda unpleasant), a tiny bit of (sporadic) coughing, and possibly a tiny bit of muscle weakness. I felt that my breath was a little short on Monday as well. And that was it really. No fever, so smell/taste loss. Now I hope none of that terrifying organ damage took place (heart, lungs, kidneys etc, even the brain apparently!).

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #234 on: July 06, 2022, 05:10:30 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I wouldn't worry too much Vince, we've all got a fatal disease, it's called life... :P

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

thelightingman

View Posts
View Gallery
All lighting except LED rules!

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #235 on: July 06, 2022, 06:40:45 PM » Author: thelightingman
It wasn't today but last night I revived an old portable air conditioner I had lying around. The original controls broke so I removed them and replaced them with a thermostat for a central air/heating system and a contactor for a central air conditioning condenser. It works like a charm now! And don't worry, I have the step down transformer hooked up to the thermostat and coil on the contactor.

I think HPS, MV, and MH rule! :mv: :mvc: :hps: :emh: Ban LED instead! :eoled:

Molly

View Posts
View Gallery

The wild Lampent hates LEDs!

mollylovesreptiles UChSn_GuLy2eE43RAiEFyoEw mollylovesreptiles
Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #236 on: July 06, 2022, 07:22:43 PM » Author: Molly
Went to the waterpark again :)

If you want to use any of my photos, please ask me for permission, and make sure to add credit. Thank you! :love:

Gearjammer
Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #237 on: July 06, 2022, 07:42:27 PM » Author: Gearjammer
Took my baby raccoon Oodles and the mama Noodles for a walk. :racc: :racc:
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #238 on: July 06, 2022, 10:24:30 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Nice !  :racc: :racc: My neighbors have 2 miniature horses , a mother and her son . Their names are Sugar and Spice !

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #239 on: July 07, 2022, 05:31:40 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Got my driver's license today. :mrg:

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies