Author Topic: What did you do today NOT lighting wise  (Read 54931 times)
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #210 on: July 01, 2022, 04:35:38 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I've got most of the test kit now and have uploaded piccies of two so far:

Megger BM100/3 Insulation & Continuity checker

Robin KMP 5405 RCD Tester

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #211 on: July 01, 2022, 05:54:34 PM » Author: Rommie
The BM100/3 needs a little tweaking to get one of the resistance ranges to read correctly, but we have the service manual so that is something I'll have a go at over the weekend.

We are really getting into collecting test gear now, both old and new, it's a fascinating subject, just as interesting as lamps in its own way  :bulbman:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #212 on: July 01, 2022, 05:56:11 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Having a go ourselves will save thirty quid.  :wndr:

Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #213 on: July 01, 2022, 10:36:22 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Today's on going project was fixing my dead riding mower...AGAIN !! >:( My new carburetor arrived today so I spent a few hours installing it . The mower runs great...FOR NOW ! ::) 

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Gearjammer
Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #214 on: July 01, 2022, 11:01:11 PM » Author: Gearjammer
Tim didn't you just recently tune up that mower?
Don't know how often you have to use it in the summer in Ohio but whoa down here in Florida it's barely a week before I to mow the lawn again and again...
Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #215 on: July 01, 2022, 11:01:38 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Speaking of mowing, had to break out the Honda today and mow, got it done in record time. :bulbman: Also had to fix the edger as the guard plate fell off, and then I couldn't use it because the string did not want to extend, looked it up and I was using it wrong the whole time. :-[

@Tim: Maybe you should engine swap it :mrg:

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #216 on: July 01, 2022, 11:29:33 PM » Author: joseph_125
I wonder if that can cut grass at 120 MPH :poof: :lol:

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #217 on: July 01, 2022, 11:44:39 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 @ Jamie : Yep ! the Float hung up and filled the cylinders with fuel ! Since I had to remove the engine cover , air cleaner and intake manifold to get the carb off anyways , I figured I'd just replace the damned thing since it's 12 years old . I only wanted to take the thing apart once . During the summer , I sometimes have to mow twice a week . I'm mowing 1 3/4 acres .

@ Bulbman : That video looks like something Tim Allen would do !

Gearjammer
Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #218 on: July 01, 2022, 11:59:04 PM » Author: Gearjammer
I wonder if that can cut grass at 120 MPH :poof: :lol:
You let Tim Allen work on it and it will  :lol:
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #219 on: July 02, 2022, 12:01:39 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
That thing sounds cool but looks terrifying to drive ! The stock front tires scare me !!

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #220 on: July 02, 2022, 12:11:30 AM » Author: Bulbman256
@Joseph: It'll cut grass as fast as you dare drive it! :poof:

We all know Tim Allen wouldn't stop there, he would at least have a supercharger bolted on. :lol:

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #221 on: July 02, 2022, 06:58:52 AM » Author: Rommie
I doubt that thing is road legal..! Good job he didn't meet a cop coming the other way  :beacon:  :mrg:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #222 on: July 02, 2022, 09:33:15 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I've just uploaded the piccies of the last two pieces of Robin test gear. 8)

Robin KMP 4116

Robin KMP 3075DL

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Model25FanForever

View Posts
View Gallery

My CGE/Fortran Pedestrian Signal

GoL
Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #223 on: July 03, 2022, 10:49:04 AM » Author: Model25FanForever
Looked at a new house Garage side job this morning.  8) Thought the guy had a drywall and wood frame garage but its actually metal lol. Looks like an expensive run of BX or Conduit but crossing my fingers BX, because who enjoys conduit that much?  :lol:
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #224 on: July 03, 2022, 04:53:07 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
We had a home made curry.! :love:
Getting the meat prepared if you have a decent knife to cut it with makes all the difference.  8)
I've had the one I use for close on thirty years, it's sharpened on a regular basis and is still as good as the day I bought it.!  ;D

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies