Author Topic: Thinking about leaving LG or taking break  (Read 6535 times)
rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: Thinking about leaving LG or taking break « Reply #15 on: July 26, 2021, 07:36:29 AM » Author: rjluna2
Don't take it personally on these negative comments here, Colin :(

I do certainly enjoy your posting here and give you positive rating on your collection :D Some of your collection that I have learn something new out there.

If you have to leave, give yourself a break for a couple of month and try again when you are ready.

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Thinking about leaving LG or taking break « Reply #16 on: July 26, 2021, 07:42:17 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
Thank you everyone for their comments. I will stay on LG as long as everything goes OK, I'm sure it will anyway, it's probably me that's just getting worked up over some silly stuff lol. You're all going to be in for a real treat when I start posting photos from my Maine trip! :mv:

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

WigWag
Re: Thinking about leaving LG or taking break « Reply #17 on: July 26, 2021, 05:13:24 PM » Author: WigWag
Looking forward to your Maine photos! I love travel pictures
Foxtronix

View Posts
View Gallery

Formerly "TiCoune66". Also known here as Vince.

GoL UCs4tSgJSCoCIMGThBuaePhA
Re: Thinking about leaving LG or taking break « Reply #18 on: July 26, 2021, 06:42:26 PM » Author: Foxtronix
If there's ONE thing life taught me, it's this one: you have no power over other people, but you DO have power over yourself. I'm fully aware it's easier said than done to simply "ignore those people". But I really didn't find any other way to make it through in this life, and have a good time, without constantly having things ruined "because of" other people. I chose to let go when I feel a situation is going to go in circles, or is already at that stage, and I move on. When I compare this mindset with how I used to handle such situations, the relief is hardly describable.

And to all of you guys who want to leave, at the very least, as others mentioned, make it a break of however long you need to let the dust settle. After that you can always make a more rational decision. I can tell from experience that emotional decisions are rarely the best!

High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Thinking about leaving LG or taking break « Reply #19 on: July 26, 2021, 08:32:13 PM » Author: High Intensity
I know I'm a bit late to this, but Colin, Cree, don't leave, I know things can get a bit stressful due to some people who may act superior to others, but there are also tons of people here who will miss you when you're gone, if you need to take a break to cool off, then do so, take a step back and think about it. I know what it's like to feel like you're better off gone, but just know that that is not correct, despite what some may tell you, there will be more to tell you that you are wanted here
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Thinking about leaving LG or taking break « Reply #20 on: July 26, 2021, 08:38:12 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
I know I'm a bit late to this, but Colin, Cree, don't leave, I know things can get a bit stressful due to some people who may act superior to others, but there are also tons of people here who will miss you when you're gone, if you need to take a break to cool off, then do so, take a step back and think about it. I know what it's like to feel like you're better off gone, but just know that that is not correct, despite what some may tell you, there will be more to tell you that you are wanted here
Thanks for the encouragement. I will stay on LG as long as everything goes smoothly.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Thinking about leaving LG or taking break « Reply #21 on: July 27, 2021, 10:04:04 AM » Author: Rommie
I've said this before and I'll say it again , the members here are like an old married couple , sure we'll fuss , fight and argue but in the end , we still need each other !!  If you think you need a break for a while , then go for it but please don't leave .
Absolutely. Although I can guarantee that however long Sammi and I are married for (we've got a good few years in us yet..!) we'll never argue. Sure, we've had minor disagreements, but there's an old saying we always adhere to, and it's this -

Never go to bed on an argument.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: Thinking about leaving LG or taking break « Reply #22 on: July 27, 2021, 03:18:12 PM » Author: rjluna2
I like your slogan, Ria :)

LART2014

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Thinking about leaving LG or taking break « Reply #23 on: July 27, 2021, 03:27:28 PM » Author: LART2014
Dear colleague and collector of lamps "Sailormoon_1_UK",

First of all, I want to share my sad feelings to learn about the implementation of LED technology to modern lighting, at the expense of other lighting technologies (HID and incandescent). Unfortunately, this attitude on the part of authorities is present throughout the world and this process can hardly be reversed, mainly due to the problem of disposing of lamps with heavy metals, such as mercury.

On the other hand, we greatly admire your vast knowledge and your spectacular collection of lamps and lighting fixtures, so we would like you to show it again and not leaving LG, regardless of the opinion of other members of this community.

Finally, I want to congratulate you on the privilege of owning such a collection.

Kind regards,

Luiz - LART2014
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Thinking about leaving LG or taking break « Reply #24 on: July 27, 2021, 03:30:28 PM » Author: Rommie
I like your slogan, Ria :)
That's not mine, it's Sammi's avatar at the moment, I "borrowed" it  :mrg:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: Thinking about leaving LG or taking break « Reply #25 on: July 27, 2021, 04:28:44 PM » Author: rjluna2
;D

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Thinking about leaving LG or taking break « Reply #26 on: July 28, 2021, 08:34:22 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
I’m not feeling too good about the recent things happening on LG. It seems like ever since I made this topic about me contemplating on leaving LG everyone started fighting and nearly starting a war. I feel like this is all my fault and it’s probably best if I step out for a bit.

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Thinking about leaving LG or taking break « Reply #27 on: July 28, 2021, 08:42:44 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Cree, don't blame yourself over what's happened recently.
I think it's a combination of a lot of things, and it's mostly frustration about the long running saga of covid and people are just lashing out in any direction.  :(

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Thinking about leaving LG or taking break « Reply #28 on: July 28, 2021, 08:47:08 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Cree, don't blame yourself over what's happened recently.
I think it's a combination of a lot of things, and it's mostly frustration about the long running saga of covid and people are just lashing out in any direction.  :(
It just seems like this made people start wars here. And now I feel like I’m dictating the people here around only allowing me to identify things. I don’t want this to be the path that we take.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2021, 08:51:15 PM by CreeRSW207 » Logged

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Thinking about leaving LG or taking break « Reply #29 on: July 28, 2021, 08:49:37 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Nor do I, if you feel that you need to take some time off then just do it, Ria and myself did it at the end of 2019.  :love:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies