Author Topic: Thinking about leaving LG or taking break  (Read 6523 times)
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Thinking about leaving LG or taking break « Reply #30 on: July 29, 2021, 08:26:57 AM » Author: Rommie
And returned feeling a whole lot better  :-* :love:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Thinking about leaving LG or taking break « Reply #31 on: September 03, 2022, 07:15:56 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
History is repeating itself, I'm really close to just leaving all together and turning my gallery off, not sure any of you will care however.
I really over estimated the comments I'd get on my recent photos, the shoebox on a cobrahead arm, probably the only setup around here, the ceiling light with the story of the broken hot water pipe, None of it matters apparently.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2022, 07:19:53 AM by CreeRSW207 » Logged

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

Molly

View Posts
View Gallery

The wild Lampent hates LEDs!

mollylovesreptiles UChSn_GuLy2eE43RAiEFyoEw mollylovesreptiles
Re: Thinking about leaving LG or taking break « Reply #32 on: September 03, 2022, 09:38:39 AM » Author: Molly
Don't let the mean people get to you. There will always be judgemental people everywhere. We all care, and we don't want you to leave.  :bulbman:

If you want to use any of my photos, please ask me for permission, and make sure to add credit. Thank you! :love:

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Thinking about leaving LG or taking break « Reply #33 on: September 03, 2022, 01:33:20 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
When I posted photos here, it wasn't about how many comments I'd get...it was simply for posting something *I* might want to show.
Just like when I upload videos to YouTube...its not about getting views/likes/comments, its just done because I like to do it.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Thinking about leaving LG or taking break « Reply #34 on: September 03, 2022, 03:08:38 PM » Author: Rommie
As I've said countless times before, everyone on the site (of those that have uploaded photos, anyway..!) has one or more pictures with no comments. In fact, the very first post ever on this site from back in 2005 when it was founded didn't collect its first comment until ten years later :o

So don't worry about it, there are more important things to be concerned about, like when is my dinner going to be ready..?  :mrg:
(I just collected a  :slap: from Sammi for that  :lol:)

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Thinking about leaving LG or taking break « Reply #35 on: September 03, 2022, 07:04:34 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
I have a number of what I deem as "important pictures" that have either 1 or 2 or NO comments ! I don't really worry about it !

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

108CAM

View Posts
View Gallery

Diehard MV, HPS, SOX & Preheat Fluorescent Fanatic

UCG6Xojn8dNgDuN9J7_Gnj8w
Re: Thinking about leaving LG or taking break « Reply #36 on: September 04, 2022, 05:09:12 AM » Author: 108CAM
You'll find that you'll be a lot happier when you don't compare yourself to other people. Many of my photos go without comments but some of them eventually get comments after a few months or like Rommie said with the first ever post, sometimes years.
Earlier today, one of my photos from late 2021 got a new comment and a few weeks earlier, some other older photos of mine got some comments.
When I first joined, I uploaded a few photos then took a long break when my interest died down then when my interest came back, I started using the site again.
You don't have to leave, you may just need a break.

Fluro starter pings combined with a 50hz ballast hum and blinking tubes is music to my ears.

Rest in Peace Electronic Lamp Manufacturers of Australia
1925-2002

Bring back the AJF Zodiacs!

Total incidents since joining LG: 17
Lamps accidently broken or smashed: 14
Ballast explosions/burnouts: 3

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies