Author Topic: The End of the Blister Pack :-)  (Read 1665 times)
James

View Posts
View Gallery

The End of the Blister Pack :-) « on: August 26, 2021, 06:28:31 PM » Author: James
For everyone who hates the plastic blister packaging as much as I do, hopefully the below news will be very welcome :-)
https://www.sylvania-lighting.com/en-int/news/items/sylvania-environmentally-sustainable-future/

Also below link to the latest LED lamps catalogue, including on Page 82 a new range of hybrid LED-fluorescent filament lamps having the most intense and saturated colours on the market
https://www.sylvania-lighting.com/media/6288/led-lamp-brochure-2021.pdf
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: The End of the Blister Pack :-) « Reply #1 on: August 26, 2021, 06:37:18 PM » Author: Rommie
That's good news, wish I could convince tablet manufacturers to do the same. If you have to take as many a day as we do between us, it's  :curse: annoying. And of course they're mixed materials, so not recyclable  :-\

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: The End of the Blister Pack :-) « Reply #2 on: August 26, 2021, 07:18:15 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
So if you add up all of the blister packs that come from prescriptions written in the UK it comes to a staggering amount and that's not counting the over the counter pills...  :curse: >:( :poof:
And it all goes to landfill, hundreds if not thousands of tons of waste every year. :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

RCM442
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

rcm442 UC1Q-wYhi9O-1q4ugOaOZ9dA rcm442
Re: The End of the Blister Pack :-) « Reply #3 on: August 26, 2021, 08:52:01 PM » Author: RCM442
They want "sustainable" stop making crap LEDs that are very hard to recycle and bring back fluorescent which is very easy!

LEDs need to stop taking over everything
Administrator #4
Need help with something on the site? Let me know!

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: The End of the Blister Pack :-) « Reply #4 on: October 26, 2021, 09:43:29 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
How many companies are going to follow Sylvania's lead though.?   :wndr:

Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: The End of the Blister Pack :-) « Reply #5 on: October 26, 2021, 10:14:56 AM » Author: Rommie
Probably not many, especially the  :curse: tablet manufacturers  >:(

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich, Coaster junkie!

Re: The End of the Blister Pack :-) « Reply #6 on: October 26, 2021, 03:39:20 PM » Author: AngryHorse
I don’t see what the issue was with cardboard in the first place?, you know what you’re buying in a ‘light bulb isle’, you don’t to see the things through a blister pack!

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

Welcome to OBLIVION

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: The End of the Blister Pack :-) « Reply #7 on: October 26, 2021, 03:42:16 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Nor do we Rich.  ???

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich, Coaster junkie!

Re: The End of the Blister Pack :-) « Reply #8 on: October 27, 2021, 03:43:15 AM » Author: AngryHorse
The new catalog looks impressive James, pity the 2300 T60 will only be ‘made to order’, but now we have Sylvania lamps in our local Wickes, (instead of the rather inferior Philips alternative), I’ve already started to gather a small collection!

Please don’t misunderstand me though, I’m not trying to push LED into people’s faces here, (given how people feel about them), but if you are interested in starting a filament LED collection, Sylvanias are decent ones with a better colour to most of them………. and their in cardboard boxes!  ;D

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

Welcome to OBLIVION

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: The End of the Blister Pack :-) « Reply #9 on: November 03, 2021, 11:13:29 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Hey James, quick question for an american man here.

Will the T5 lamps Italy finally get cardboard in the united states? I love the lamps, but i hate the sylvania blister packagaign as it sucsk to ge thte lamp out and try and save it for collectability.

Talking about these bulbs

Thanks in advance,

-Max 8)

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies