Author Topic: Once ubiquitous lamps, ballasts, and fixtures that are unobtainium nowadays  (Read 872 times)
bulb_tester2009

View Posts
View Gallery

Fluorescent and HID will be forever!!!!!!

GoL
Re: Once ubiquitous lamps, ballasts, and fixtures that are unobtainium nowadays « Reply #15 on: May 14, 2022, 03:38:08 AM » Author: bulb_tester2009
Like Philips' SL series magnet ballasting CFL, for example, was very popular in the 1990s and early 2000s, and was even produced in China for a while. But by the mid-2000s, it was fading, and inventory was almost sold out in the early 2010s. As a result, even the Philips SL made in China now needs to be imported at a very high price.

I've been collecting light bulbs since I was 2 years old, and I've been collecting them ever since.
:hps::hps::hps:
由于我来自中国,所以英语不精通,大部分内容都是翻译的,所以可能不通顺,请大家谅解

Note:
Total number of currently updated EOL lamps in the Lighting-Gallery:12
Total number of EOL lamps:5

xelareverse

View Posts
View Gallery
OVM

xelareverse UCjohSkrTwJJJzpc_r8D3vKw xelareverse
Re: Once ubiquitous lamps, ballasts, and fixtures that are unobtainium nowadays « Reply #16 on: May 16, 2022, 12:20:22 AM » Author: xelareverse
In Romania thrift stores with lighting stuff aren't particularly uncommon and same for T12 at said stores.
 I've noticed the A shape 100 W Mercury vapor lamps that you used to be able to walk into home depot and buy are almost impossible to find anywhere now.

The future is scary, so I'm gonna hold on to the old stuff if I can. That's mainly why I collect these things.

108CAM

View Posts
View Gallery

Diehard MV, HPS & Preheat Fluorescent Fenatic!

Re: Once ubiquitous lamps, ballasts, and fixtures that are unobtainium nowadays « Reply #17 on: May 16, 2022, 08:08:30 AM » Author: 108CAM
SOX
I still have yet to find a SOX lamp or fixture

Fluro starter chimes combined with a 50hz ballast hum and blinking tubes is music to my ears.

Rest in Peace Electronic Lamp Manufacturers of Australia
1925-2002

Bring back the AJF Zodiacs!

Total incidents since joining LG: 11
Lamps accidently broken or smashed: 9
Ballast explosions/burnouts: 2

AgentHalogen_87

View Posts
View Gallery

Long Live SOX!

Re: Once ubiquitous lamps, ballasts, and fixtures that are unobtainium nowadays « Reply #18 on: May 16, 2022, 09:50:30 AM » Author: AgentHalogen_87
There's still some dotted about the place :)
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Once ubiquitous lamps, ballasts, and fixtures that are unobtainium nowadays « Reply #19 on: May 16, 2022, 10:05:01 AM » Author: Rommie
They aren't getting any cheaper though  :-\

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
It'll be all right in the end, and if it isn't all right, it isn't the end :love:

Administrator, UK and European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch
:love:

108CAM

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Once ubiquitous lamps, ballasts, and fixtures that are unobtainium nowadays « Reply #20 on: May 25, 2022, 01:50:04 AM » Author: 108CAM
Based on what I've seen online about HID bans, I'd say that in a few years time, MV & HPS will be where SOX/LPS is now with MH falling victim shortly after.
Fluorescent tubes may also meet the same fate which is why I've started stockpiling every tube I can get.

Fluro starter chimes combined with a 50hz ballast hum and blinking tubes is music to my ears.

1925-2002

bulb_tester2009

View Posts
View Gallery

Fluorescent and HID will be forever!!!!!!

GoL
Re: Once ubiquitous lamps, ballasts, and fixtures that are unobtainium nowadays « Reply #21 on: May 25, 2022, 09:54:05 PM » Author: bulb_tester2009
Based on what I've seen online about HID bans, I'd say that in a few years time, MV & HPS will be where SOX/LPS is now with MH falling victim shortly after.
Fluorescent tubes may also meet the same fate which is why I've started stockpiling every tube I can get.

With the same feeling, I just hope that the traditional lighting source can last for a few more years, even if it is a few days.

I've been collecting light bulbs since I was 2 years old, and I've been collecting them ever since.
:hps::hps::hps:
由于我来自中国,所以英语不精通,大部分内容都是翻译的,所以可能不通顺,请大家谅解

Note:
Total number of currently updated EOL lamps in the Lighting-Gallery:12
Total number of EOL lamps:5

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Once ubiquitous lamps, ballasts, and fixtures that are unobtainium nowadays « Reply #22 on: May 25, 2022, 11:49:42 PM » Author: Lumex120
Mercury vapor maybe, but there's still a lot of HPS lighting in use now and there will probably still be a decent amount in a few years. That, and the fact that MV and HPS lamps are far less expensive to buy new than SOX lamps ever were so coming across old stockpiles that were tucked away should be a thing for a long time.

Unofficial LG Discord

108CAM

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Once ubiquitous lamps, ballasts, and fixtures that are unobtainium nowadays « Reply #23 on: June 19, 2022, 11:09:46 PM » Author: 108CAM
8 foot bayonet cap fluorescent tubes are very rare these days but were probably once very common when they were still being made. The fixtures are probably just as hard to find

1925-2002

Print 
© 2005-2022 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies