Author Topic: Do you remember the first light you paid attention to?  (Read 3518 times)
AgentHalogen_87

View Posts
View Gallery

Long Live SOX!

Re: Do you remember the first light you paid attention to? « Reply #30 on: July 25, 2022, 09:40:27 AM » Author: AgentHalogen_87
That's prophetic :wndr: :-\
Molly

View Posts
View Gallery

The wild Lampent hates LEDs!

mollylovesreptiles UChSn_GuLy2eE43RAiEFyoEw mollylovesreptiles
Re: Do you remember the first light you paid attention to? « Reply #31 on: July 26, 2022, 02:45:35 PM » Author: Molly
The first light paid attention at college was that cycling M250A2

If you want to use any of my photos, please ask me for permission, and make sure to add credit. Thank you! :love:

Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

Shaded OVM

Re: Do you remember the first light you paid attention to? « Reply #32 on: July 26, 2022, 03:04:19 PM » Author: Burrito
The first street light i slightly remember looking at was out a dining room window back in like 2014 or 2015 or some year and it was a 250 watt HPS Cooper OVM. i also remember seeing, when i started my fascination with street light was back around 2018 and i saw a 250 watt HPS ITT model 25 on a 20 ft pole. https://www.google.com/maps/@37.1247185,-113.6236456,3a,15y,187.79h,110.71t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1sRxnSxMojCTTPno68PFql_g!2e0!5s20121001T000000!7i13312!8i6656

ON LG FOR 2 YEARS! Please don't ask to meet up with me, as I am still living with my mother. Don't send me items either please, thank you!
LED street lights are bad. Some look good though. HID is better.
Please, watch out for the future. It's not looking good. Loves instruction manuals of any kind!

HIDLad001

View Posts
View Gallery

Alex - a fan of Jefferson Electric ballasts

GoL UCwvPaxz1-rbLAjLpk55zl1A
Re: Do you remember the first light you paid attention to? « Reply #33 on: July 27, 2022, 12:22:14 PM » Author: HIDLad001
The ITT 247 outside my house.

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it
HID Fixtures should stay HID, but I think LED is fine too.
Any new photos are taken with a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35!
Local power is 120/240VAC 60Hz, TV is NTSC 480i 59.94, DTV is ATSC 1.0 and simulcast ATSC 3.0.
-Using Lighting-Gallery since 2022-

Molly

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Do you remember the first light you paid attention to? « Reply #34 on: July 28, 2022, 12:27:22 PM » Author: Molly
I had a GE M250R2 HPS in front of my house.

If you want to use any of my photos, please ask me for permission, and make sure to add credit. Thank you! :love:

thelightingman

View Posts
View Gallery
All lighting except LED rules!

Re: Do you remember the first light you paid attention to? « Reply #35 on: July 28, 2022, 04:04:40 PM » Author: thelightingman
The first streetlight I remember paying attention to was the AEL 115 on the corner of the street I used to live on. I started paying attention to it because the light that was there before it got shot or hit by something and broke the lamp and glass so it was replaced by an AEL 115.

I think HPS, MV, and MH rule! :mv: :mvc: :hps: :emh: Ban LED instead! :eoled:

Molly

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Do you remember the first light you paid attention to? « Reply #36 on: July 28, 2022, 04:52:26 PM » Author: Molly
@thelightingman, there was a 115 right across the street from me.

Molly

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Do you remember the first light you paid attention to? « Reply #37 on: July 28, 2022, 04:53:39 PM » Author: Molly
@HM1000, So lucky you had an OVM on your street.

Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

Shaded OVM

Re: Do you remember the first light you paid attention to? « Reply #38 on: July 28, 2022, 04:54:26 PM » Author: Burrito
yeah, then in like 2015 or 2017, it was changed to a Cooper Verdeon

ON LG FOR 2 YEARS! Please don't ask to meet up with me, as I am still living with my mother. Don't send me items either please, thank you!
Please, watch out for the future. It's not looking good. Loves instruction manuals of any kind!

N3210

View Posts
View Gallery

lightbulb

UCo_R9kHfa7voRrydT2NJYnw tomloveslighting
Re: Do you remember the first light you paid attention to? « Reply #39 on: July 28, 2022, 06:12:30 PM » Author: N3210
For me; since I was a little kid, I paid attention to ALL the lights on my street. I didn't know much about streetlights other than the fact they gave out orange-yellow light (HPS)
Going back in time on Google Maps, There was quite a bit of variety.

There was Cooper OVF, AEL 13, Cooper OVD, and AEL 125. I always noted to myself "The streetlights are always orange."
I considered this normal until all of those got mass replaced in 2015. When I saw that, I was like "Mommy, why are the streetlights white now?"
My mom said "Those orange ones were wasting money like water, these white ones are much better"

I also remember those long streetlights in San Jose. They gave out a "very orange" color, and I believe they used these  :lps: 
I feel great to have been born in a time where HPS, MV, and MH were all over. I also feel sad because I witnessed all of those get swapped for LED. :eoled:

Lighting enthusiast from San Francisco.

I upload plenty to here, YouTube, and Instagram

!! If I am quiet here, check either my Instagram or my YouTube !!

N3210

View Posts
View Gallery

lightbulb

UCo_R9kHfa7voRrydT2NJYnw tomloveslighting
Re: Do you remember the first light you paid attention to? « Reply #40 on: July 28, 2022, 06:15:42 PM » Author: N3210
For indoor lighting, the first lights I loved to see were those blink-happy lights in my aunt's closet. I would stand there to see lots of blinking action. I haven't really noted what lighting my aunt has (Other than those blink happy CFLs) so I gotta get there as soon as possible

Lighting enthusiast from San Francisco.

I upload plenty to here, YouTube, and Instagram

!! If I am quiet here, check either my Instagram or my YouTube !!

Molly

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Do you remember the first light you paid attention to? « Reply #41 on: July 29, 2022, 11:09:54 AM » Author: Molly
I still have 20 year old track lights that still work beautifully.

AgentHalogen_87

View Posts
View Gallery

Long Live SOX!

Re: Do you remember the first light you paid attention to? « Reply #42 on: July 29, 2022, 01:33:57 PM » Author: AgentHalogen_87
N3210 - I'm very similar to you. I was growing up with H & LPS lamps everywhere. Not so much MV as most of them were replaced with LPS in the 1970s energy crisis. The contractors very kindly chose the two weeks I was on holiday in 2015 to change all the lanterns on my street to LED >:(. I very soon after asked my parents to move my bed into a different room that doesn't face the road because I no longer had a light show of LPS to watch every night :(
Those 'long' lanterns in San Jose were indeed LPS lanterns.
We don't see many blink-happy CFLs over hear much, at least domestic. They tend to be instant or programmed start with integrated electronic ballasts.

Molly - I too have quite old fixtures that seem to last forever. See the decades old fluro tube here, and the 15 year old incandescent lamp here.
Molly

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Do you remember the first light you paid attention to? « Reply #43 on: July 29, 2022, 01:49:11 PM » Author: Molly
I grew up with MV & HPS

Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

Shaded OVM

Re: Do you remember the first light you paid attention to? « Reply #44 on: July 29, 2022, 01:49:47 PM » Author: Burrito
I grew up with HPS

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies