Author Topic: Do you remember the first light you paid attention to?  (Read 3515 times)
AgentHalogen_87

View Posts
View Gallery

Long Live SOX!

Do you remember the first light you paid attention to? « on: July 16, 2022, 03:11:51 PM » Author: AgentHalogen_87
I remember them all.
I have said it before, but the reason I got interested in lighting was this traffic signal with a 'spotty' green arrow I would see on our way home from the cinema. It was the first traffic light I paid attention to.
The next Monday I was at school and paid attention to the street lights that were lighting the grounds: the Designplan Concourse.
Going into the building there were fluorescent battens with individual PIR sensors and 'fade on' programmed start ballasts (I don't know the brand name, but I would recognise them in an instant if I saw one): The first interior light and fluro I paid attention to.
So many memories :wndr: :)
Molly

View Posts
View Gallery

The wild Lampent hates LEDs!

mollylovesreptiles UChSn_GuLy2eE43RAiEFyoEw mollylovesreptiles
Re: Do you remember the first light you paid attention to? « Reply #1 on: July 16, 2022, 03:17:45 PM » Author: Molly
The Westinghouse OV-25 near a roundabout close to where I live.

If you want to use any of my photos, please ask me for permission, and make sure to add credit. Thank you! :love:

AgentHalogen_87

View Posts
View Gallery

Long Live SOX!

Re: Do you remember the first light you paid attention to? « Reply #2 on: July 16, 2022, 03:25:39 PM » Author: AgentHalogen_87
Classic cobra :)
Molly

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Do you remember the first light you paid attention to? « Reply #3 on: July 16, 2022, 09:43:57 PM » Author: Molly
Sure is!

If you want to use any of my photos, please ask me for permission, and make sure to add credit. Thank you! :love:

sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Do you remember the first light you paid attention to? « Reply #4 on: July 16, 2022, 10:45:13 PM » Author: sol
The Westinghouse Vanguard or Skyline Sentinelle (I never found out) that was at my grandparent's driveway across the street from my house. It had lost its lens and had a BT28 mercury vapour lamp. My parents/grandparents decided to have it removed in the early 1980's (it was a rental light).
Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

Shaded OVM

Re: Do you remember the first light you paid attention to? « Reply #5 on: July 16, 2022, 10:50:17 PM » Author: Burrito
A whole street filled with M400A's in HPS, they're gone now, new poles w/LED

ON LG FOR 2 YEARS! Please don't ask to meet up with me, as I am still living with my mother. Don't send me items either please, thank you!
LED street lights are bad. Some look good though. HID is better.
Please, watch out for the future. It's not looking good. Loves instruction manuals of any kind!

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: Do you remember the first light you paid attention to? « Reply #6 on: July 16, 2022, 10:55:07 PM » Author: Econolite03
1970s GE M-250R1, had one in front of my house when I was very little and watched it warm up, that is were my interest came from.

Now on Linktree

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Do you remember the first light you paid attention to? « Reply #7 on: July 16, 2022, 11:17:47 PM » Author: joseph_125
The Philips and Thorn SOX 135 lights that used to be on the Gardiner Expressway in Toronto back in the 90s. They looked amazing lighting up in the evening and even then they looked different enough compared to the HPS cobraheads used elsewhere in the city.

Another would be the 2x2 Ubent troffers in my elementary school. I remember watching a janitor relamp one and seeing the two T12 ubents inside.
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Do you remember the first light you paid attention to? « Reply #8 on: July 17, 2022, 01:29:40 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Westy OV-20 . There used to be miles and miles of them with clear lamps on I-190 near my grandparent's house in Buffalo N.Y.

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Molly

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Do you remember the first light you paid attention to? « Reply #9 on: July 20, 2022, 02:44:46 PM » Author: Molly
I love the OV-20s. The only clamshell I saw in person is the L-M Ovalites.

Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

Shaded OVM

Re: Do you remember the first light you paid attention to? « Reply #10 on: July 20, 2022, 02:45:49 PM » Author: Burrito
I found an NOS Ovalite with Sylvania girder frame lamp on eBay a few months back

ON LG FOR 2 YEARS! Please don't ask to meet up with me, as I am still living with my mother. Don't send me items either please, thank you!
Please, watch out for the future. It's not looking good. Loves instruction manuals of any kind!

Molly

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Do you remember the first light you paid attention to? « Reply #11 on: July 20, 2022, 02:47:13 PM » Author: Molly
Cool!

Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

Shaded OVM

Re: Do you remember the first light you paid attention to? « Reply #12 on: July 20, 2022, 02:47:45 PM » Author: Burrito
Indeed. It was a bid too. No one bid on it

Molly

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Do you remember the first light you paid attention to? « Reply #13 on: July 20, 2022, 02:54:26 PM » Author: Molly
Oh, wow.

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: Do you remember the first light you paid attention to? « Reply #14 on: July 20, 2022, 03:05:15 PM » Author: HPS_250
The Cooper OVX 400w HPS (which has since been replaced) across from the train in Wakefield, MA. I always watched it start up when I was 5-6 years old when my dad got home from work in Boston.

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies