Author Topic: Longest Lasting Lamp In Your House  (Read 4630 times)
BGPATTERSON403

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Longest Lasting Lamp In Your House « Reply #15 on: May 12, 2023, 03:53:59 PM » Author: BGPATTERSON403
A pair of cge f40ww in my garage, been there 12y and still working. Bit of black on one end
Maxim

View Posts
View Gallery

Stop replacing fixtures that can be retrofitted.

Re: Longest Lasting Lamp In Your House « Reply #16 on: May 23, 2023, 03:54:17 PM » Author: Maxim
Never thought I’d be saying this, but the three Feit 100W 4000K equivalent LEDs from Costco have been serving me well for about four years now without fail. They run from dusk to dawn on a timer.

Collector of all kinds of lamps, gear, and fixtures.
My favorite lighting technologies at the moment are incandescent and mercury vapor, and my favorite Big 3 lighting brand of the late 20th century is GTE Sylvania.

About that Westinghouse Lifeguard disease, I think I've caught it. Thanks Eric! 8)

CooperOVZ

View Posts
View Gallery

OVZ

Re: Longest Lasting Lamp In Your House « Reply #17 on: May 24, 2023, 06:35:27 PM » Author: CooperOVZ
The longest lasting Lamp in my house is the basement light which is an Incandescent Lamp :inc:
Everything else in my house is CFL and LED. :(

Greetings, I'm CooperOVZ. My actual name is Kabir. Since I was nine years old, I have had a broad interest in lighting.

Lcubed3

View Posts
View Gallery

MAXIMUM LUMENS!!!

Re: Longest Lasting Lamp In Your House « Reply #18 on: May 24, 2023, 07:08:52 PM » Author: Lcubed3
Nothing wrong with CFLs!  :cfl1:

Portland General Electric: 120/240VAC @ 60Hz
Bringer of Light

CooperOVZ

View Posts
View Gallery

OVZ

Re: Longest Lasting Lamp In Your House « Reply #19 on: May 24, 2023, 07:41:24 PM » Author: CooperOVZ
True but LEDs :sick:

Greetings, I'm CooperOVZ. My actual name is Kabir. Since I was nine years old, I have had a broad interest in lighting.

desktoptrashcan

View Posts
View Gallery

theroadrunner556
Re: Longest Lasting Lamp In Your House « Reply #20 on: May 26, 2023, 09:48:12 PM » Author: desktoptrashcan
The longest lasting bulbs have to be the globe incandescent bulbs in my over-mirror bathroom vanity fixture. They’re original to the house from the year 2000. 23 years and still going strong!  :inc:
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: Longest Lasting Lamp In Your House « Reply #21 on: May 26, 2023, 10:16:24 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
My parents house has a garage with a pair of 2 lamp F40T12 rapid start fluorescent tube strip light fixtures that still have Feit F40CW tubes that are possibly original to the house built in 1993 that still run nicely after 30 plus years.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Robotjulep

View Posts
View Gallery

HID lighting is the best!!!

Re: Longest Lasting Lamp In Your House « Reply #22 on: May 27, 2023, 12:06:49 PM » Author: Robotjulep
My longest lasting lamp in my house is Sylvania CF23EL/Micro/865. The specs are 23w, 1600lumen, 6500k. Obtained as a used lamp in 2016 from a garage sale, the  :cflhd: was self ballasted on its electronic ballast for 5 years at 6 hours per day on average in my ceiling fan, then the original ballast died. After that, I removed that ballast and bypassed it. The lamp was then powered by a 25w, 4 lamp t8 instant-start  :ballastfl: at which I ran from one tap of the wires in a table lamp for another 2 years at 7 hours per day. Then in 2023 January, I retired the lamp in still working condition. Probably 16,000 hours of this lamp was used but is actually getting a bit dim as it is near EOL because it seems significantly dimmer than a new 23w CFL. It is also giving off a burnt plastic smell when it is on for hours. I still have a large stash of assorted CFLs and continue to get more for free at the Lowes recycling.

I collect:
Light bulbs, fixtures, and gear,
Electric motors (Preferably AC induction motors),
Computers,
and Stereo equipment.

Maxim

View Posts
View Gallery

Stop replacing fixtures that can be retrofitted.

Re: Longest Lasting Lamp In Your House « Reply #23 on: June 01, 2023, 11:50:34 AM » Author: Maxim
Well,

Just picked up 12x GE 75W/100W incandescent bulbs from a friend. They were used as deck lighting, but because there were so many he wanted to retrofit with incandescent lookalikes in order to save energy. They’ve been lit for close to eight years consecutively (as safety lamps, so approximately 70,000 hours only from the date of his house purchase!!!) Much likely more, as they were Illuminating when he purchased the home out of foreclosure in 2015. These bulbs were working then, and are still working now, albeit in my home.

So glad to be their second and final owner. :)

Collector of all kinds of lamps, gear, and fixtures.
My favorite lighting technologies at the moment are incandescent and mercury vapor, and my favorite Big 3 lighting brand of the late 20th century is GTE Sylvania.

About that Westinghouse Lifeguard disease, I think I've caught it. Thanks Eric! 8)

arcblue

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Longest Lasting Lamp In Your House « Reply #24 on: June 02, 2023, 04:48:01 PM » Author: arcblue
Well, there's long-lasting in burning hours and long-lasting in years, when a lamp is infrequently used. In the latter example, there was a Sylvania R30 reflector incandescent installed in my parents' house in 1978 that was still working when the house was sold in 2019.

I have had a a couple Philips and Sylvania low-wattage HPS (35 and 50w) that have done over 40,000 hours. A GE Compax 15w magnetic CFL that did close to 20,000 hours. I would say that I have had a handful of lamps that have done about twice their average rated hours. And quite a few that only reached half their rated hours or less.

The winner, though, has to be the neon indicator light in one of my power strips. Nowadays they only seem to last a few years, but on my square quad power strip from 1984, the little neon is still burning steadily and has been on nearly 24/7 the last 30 years. Probably close to 300,000 hrs on it now!                                                                                                                                       

I'm lampin...

Robotjulep

View Posts
View Gallery

HID lighting is the best!!!

Re: Longest Lasting Lamp In Your House « Reply #25 on: June 04, 2023, 07:22:50 PM » Author: Robotjulep
Neon lamps. I totally forgot about that those last a very long time. :ne2:

I collect:
Light bulbs, fixtures, and gear,
Electric motors (Preferably AC induction motors),
Computers,
and Stereo equipment.

Lcubed3

View Posts
View Gallery

MAXIMUM LUMENS!!!

Re: Longest Lasting Lamp In Your House « Reply #26 on: June 05, 2023, 10:38:49 PM » Author: Lcubed3
I believe the new ones don't last as long because they're overdriving them for more brightness. The '80s one was probably driving it with a more proper resistor.

Portland General Electric: 120/240VAC @ 60Hz
Bringer of Light

Waxsoda61774308

View Posts
View Gallery

Waxsoda61774308 fluorescentlightman3008
Re: Longest Lasting Lamp In Your House « Reply #27 on: June 12, 2023, 08:06:57 AM » Author: Waxsoda61774308
Probably an appliance lamp that’s in an outdoor fixture, it’s on a motion detector so it’s almost never in

Ledification is the worst.

mefurd98

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Longest Lasting Lamp In Your House « Reply #28 on: July 22, 2023, 02:31:06 AM » Author: mefurd98
The oldest ones here are some 60w commercial incandescent lamps in our living room that have been there since the fixtures were installed in 1997 when the house was built! We recently remodeled and kept the fixtures because “if it ain’t broke don’t fix it.”
kai

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Longest Lasting Lamp In Your House « Reply #29 on: August 12, 2023, 08:07:08 PM » Author: kai
The winner, though, has to be the neon indicator light in one of my power strips. Nowadays they only seem to last a few years, but on my square quad power strip from 1984, the little neon is still burning steadily and has been on nearly 24/7 the last 30 years. Probably close to 300,000 hrs on it now!                                                                                                                                   
The same goes for (at least) one of the light switches in the stair-case here. I should remember to snap some photos...

Inside the flat there is the 18 watts Lumilux Interna tube on the kitchen board, screwed in at some point 10...15 years ago and used not that much. In terms of running hours it is a nondescript table lamp, purchased in 2015 and used almost every evening since at the lowest level (without discernibly warming up), so it should be beyond 10,000 hours now.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies