Author Topic: End of an era for Sylvania?  (Read 5571 times)
kai

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: End of an era for Sylvania? « Reply #75 on: August 12, 2023, 06:40:03 PM » Author: kai
the former Osram HID and Halogen plant at Eichstaett in Germany, which is now trading as Aurora lighting.  Now is a tough time to be a lighting manufacturer, but I am sure their chances of survival are better when the plant is owned by the people working there.  See https://www.aurora-licht.de/en/company/
Interesting, I was not aware of that so far. At a glance it appears that they have identified high colour rendering light as possible market niche. Which could well be right – I would outright buy their E27, 2700 K, Ra>93 if any retail would stock them.

For Narva this is a statement that can already no longer be made, it appears that they have phased out all general lighting products and completely retreated into narrow niches. To be honest, I was surprised when I just found out that they still exist at all.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies