Author Topic: A facebook fan page for lighting Gallery?  (Read 2355 times)
Alights

View Posts
View Gallery

USA (120V 60HZ)

A facebook fan page for lighting Gallery? « on: June 01, 2010, 11:01:48 PM » Author: Alights
i have considered making a fan page for LG on Facebook, but i wanted to make sure it would be ok first.  So people could find us easier (or would that cause spam). and then maybe guests could leave questions so we can answer them just like how yahoo answers works! I know we have enough members to answer outside questons on lighting.  Maybe then we could get more electricains to use MV lamps on probe start MH ballasts and all those other nice things we know how to do here :)
that would be cool

-Aaron W
TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: A facebook fan page for lighting Gallery? « Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 10:32:52 AM » Author: TudorWhiz
I actually have made one long ago and I am an owner to it........it didn't become too popular to be honest

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

Patrick
Webmaster

View Posts
View Gallery

LightingGallery
Re: A facebook fan page for lighting Gallery? « Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 08:20:18 PM » Author: Patrick
It might be a good idea.  However, we'd want it to promote the site and not compete with it.  If people were able to ask questions and post pictures on the Lighting-Gallery Facebook page, they might do it there instead of here.  Then people not on Facebook wouldn't see those.  I haven't created a fan page before, but I suspect we may be able to disable certain features, such as wall posting and photo uploading, that duplicate features on the main L-G site.  Jace, was your Facebook page specifically for Lighting-Gallery.net?  It didn't turn up in my search results.

Patrick C., Administrator
Lighting-Gallery.net

TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: A facebook fan page for lighting Gallery? « Reply #3 on: June 04, 2010, 05:52:42 PM » Author: TudorWhiz
I THINK i deleted it when I stopped being an administrator, I am not too sure, but I remember making one...I will have to find it....Facebook kept changing so I am not sure....there may also be a link somewhere in this website...let me check...

UPDATE....I found it..it wasn't specifically for LG..actually...I just didn't remember...but it is found

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2250081813

in this link....

-Jace
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 05:55:16 PM by TudorWhiz » Logged

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

Patrick
Webmaster

View Posts
View Gallery

LightingGallery
Re: A facebook fan page for lighting Gallery? « Reply #4 on: June 06, 2010, 11:06:05 PM » Author: Patrick
I have created a Lighting-Gallery page on Facebook.  Become a fan and follow L-G on Facebook.  Messages and photos posted on Lighting-Gallery.net will be automatically copied to the page's Wall, and if you become a fan, will also be displayed in your News Feed.

Lighting-Gallery.net

Patrick
Webmaster

View Posts
View Gallery

LightingGallery
Re: A facebook fan page for lighting Gallery? « Reply #5 on: June 07, 2010, 11:03:40 PM » Author: Patrick
At first I had it set to import forum messages, new photos, and photo comments.  I'm thinking that importing all comments may clutter the wall and people's feeds, so now it is set to only import forum messages and new photos, but not each and every comment.  Let me know if you have any suggestions regarding the Facebook page.

Lighting-Gallery.net

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies