Author Topic: Your lighting "bucket list"  (Read 57088 times)
fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your lighting "bucket list" « Reply #120 on: October 31, 2020, 12:57:58 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
I'll see if I can get one.
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Your lighting "bucket list" « Reply #121 on: October 31, 2020, 01:39:04 PM » Author: joseph_125
Recessed can underpass light unique to the CalTrans system, any light source is fine, mercury preferred

(Trimmed)

I do have more things, but these are on the main things. CalTrans' equipment interests me the most, so it's on the top.

So I found out the soffit luminaires used by CalTrans are made by a company called Sequoia Lighting. Perhaps you could order one from them? Here's the spec sheets I found for them.

Yeah any lighting equipment unique to MTO interests me too, like the Powerlite SignLite sign fixtures and the unique 6ft truss arms that used to be common on highways.
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: Your lighting "bucket list" « Reply #122 on: November 01, 2020, 01:45:47 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
I am also interested in having a GEC Z9420 lantern in my collection.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Your lighting "bucket list" « Reply #123 on: November 03, 2020, 03:22:13 PM » Author: Rommie
Bumping this as there have been a few changes since the last update in July. We're getting closer to completing the wish list, we are now looking for:

A 60W linear SLI/H sodium lamp (plus correct ballast)
The correct ballast for our GEC 200W SLI/H lamp
An MAT/V medium pressure mercury tungsten-ballasted lamp (missed out on one in an eBay auction not long ago  :'()

There may be a few more, but that's all I can currently think of at the moment  ;D

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

LightsDelight

View Posts
View Gallery

Fred Dirst is watching you

UCp-ouYxSgmqTWUY4RGWyAFg rollaman82
Re: Your lighting "bucket list" « Reply #124 on: January 22, 2021, 08:12:38 AM » Author: LightsDelight
Here are some street lights I would like on my bucket list:

Original GE M1000

Original GE M400

GE Form 400

GE Form 109

Westinghouse OV20

Thorn Alpha 3

Revo Prefect

Revo Lucidor

Revo Sol D’or

Revo Silvergold

(particularly the C13198 and the C13199, and the C13197)

GEC Z9494

AEI Amberline Junior

GEC Z9484

Westinghouse OV25

Cooper OVX

GE M250R2

Westinghouse OV50

AEG Koffer 70

GEC Dioptrion

GEC clearmain

GEC Optispec

Thorn Gamma 6

Thorn Beta 5

Revo Dalek

Philips SORA

GEC Z9425

Revo C9225

Wardle open solar

In particular, I seem to enjoy many of the designs that are seen on British low pressure sodium street lights since many of these lanterns have such unique designs that are not seen anywhere else.
Your gonna need some good luck getting an optispec. Despite looking plentiful in other people's collections they can be bloody hard to find with only having 2 of them and not seeing one for sale since the first one. Out of plain luck my best mate sold me an incredibly rare version to me for about $50. I have managed to find some rare as stuff but not any optispecs that can still be seen in parts of NSW and QLD. You will need luck especially with post as they are pushing on a metre long and over half a metre wide with them weighing in at over 10 kilograms. And that is for the smaller ones. I can send you pictures of them for you if you'd like to gauge the size.

Keep discharge lighting alive

alexd120

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your lighting "bucket list" « Reply #125 on: February 01, 2021, 11:32:52 AM » Author: alexd120
I need more Westinghouse lifeguards

Rapid start ,preheat metal halide mercury vapor and high pressure sodium for life.

thelightingman

View Posts
View Gallery
All lighting except LED rules!

Re: Your lighting "bucket list" « Reply #126 on: April 17, 2021, 02:48:22 PM » Author: thelightingman
I want to own at least 1 of every type of lighting ever made.

I think HPS, MV, and MH rule! :mv: :mvc: :hps: :emh: Ban LED instead! :eoled:

Olav
Re: Your lighting "bucket list" « Reply #127 on: April 27, 2021, 04:18:46 AM » Author: Olav
Hello everyone,

I used to think of a "list of important lamps" too.
But my experience is that you can only influence it very little.
It is often coincidences where you find beautiful and rare lamps.
That's why I don't have a list.

Greetings from Hamburg

Olav
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Your lighting "bucket list" « Reply #128 on: April 27, 2021, 08:18:23 AM » Author: Rommie
@Olav - Oh, I have a list. But it's growing shorter, due in a large part to the help I have received from members here since I first joined.

Thanks to all concerned, you know who you are  :-* :love:

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

Olav
Re: Your lighting "bucket list" « Reply #129 on: April 27, 2021, 09:33:24 AM » Author: Olav
@Ria:

I've found some nice lamps in the past two years. There are also some rarities.
I never thought I would find these lamps.
That's why I would never have put these "missing" lamps on a list.

The comparison is not optimal, but I'll take this example:

Pick mushrooms in the forest.
You just start. Either the basket is full in the evening or not.
You don't know beforehand, what you will find.

Greetings from Hamburg

Olav
Joe Maurath, Jr.

View Posts
View Gallery

Transgender, Avid About Street Lamps, Insulators.

Re: Your lighting "bucket list" « Reply #130 on: April 27, 2021, 11:30:39 AM » Author: Joe Maurath, Jr.
Hello everyone,

I used to think of a "list of important lamps" too.
But my experience is that you can only influence it very little.
It is often coincidences where you find beautiful and rare lamps.
That's why I don't have a list.

Greetings from Hamburg

Olav

Rare and unusual lamps have sometimes found me unexpectedly, without me looking for them.  8)

"A secret to happiness is letting every situation be what it is, instead of what you think it should be, and then making the best of it."

Please refer to www.insulators.info where I periodically post many images of lights and insulators in the group's Picture Poster Gallery. Thank you.

Olav
Re: Your lighting "bucket list" « Reply #131 on: April 27, 2021, 11:39:39 AM » Author: Olav
Rare and unusual lamps have sometimes found me unexpectedly, without me looking for them.  8)

Hello Joe Maurath, Jr.

that is exactly my experience.

Greetings from Hamburg

Olav
Michael

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your lighting "bucket list" « Reply #132 on: April 28, 2021, 01:28:30 AM » Author: Michael
Coincidentally I found a bee hive neon lamp. It was on my wishlist and finally Ria told me she would send me one next time. Meanwhile I was invented to an abandoned workshop of my ex-girlfriends father and voila! There was a Neon beehive lamp! So in short time I’ll have two of them!
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Your lighting "bucket list" « Reply #133 on: April 28, 2021, 09:04:25 AM » Author: Rommie
Good find, Michael  :bulbman:

Let me know when you receive the lamps I sent you  :lps:

Michael

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your lighting "bucket list" « Reply #134 on: May 07, 2021, 01:13:10 AM » Author: Michael
Next thing I’m looking for are a couple of new old stock tri-band or Deluxe colour Circline lamps 32W.
Specifically OSRAM Lumilux L 32W/41 C or L32W/39C INTERNA or Philips TLE 32W/82 etc... 
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies