Author Topic: Favourite food?  (Read 7028 times)
Flurofan96

View Posts
View Gallery

Celebrating my 10th Anniversary on LG

Favourite food? « on: December 15, 2014, 06:28:48 PM » Author: Flurofan96
Hello all

What's your favourite food? I like chips, burgers, sausages, pasta, steak, rice and curry  :) for dinners and lunch even

For sweets/desserts I like having jellies, yoghurts, ice cream (Dairy free) and I like having fruit sweets like Haribo and Swigleys Matlows stuff.

I'm also on a Gluten and Dairy free diet btw, meaning I have intolerance to Gluten and Dairy

Lighting-Gallery member since June 2014

sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Favourite food? « Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 08:47:18 PM » Author: sol
Apart from tree nuts and fast food, I eat almost everything. Most French and Belgian food is very good, mille-feuille and crème brûlée are a favorite of mine. Well cooked meat with herbs and rice or quinoa is also a favorite of mine. Anything in the melon family is hit-or-miss, cantaloupe being the least favorite.

Homemade yoghurt is also a staple of mine, a batch is incubating as I type this. We go through about 3 or 4 litres of it per week.

Fruit is also very good, the oranges and grapefruits are in season at the moment (imported from the US).

Fresh ginger root is also a favorite of mine. I squash a piece in the garlic press and make an infusion that I sweeten with honey.
ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Favourite food? « Reply #2 on: December 15, 2014, 09:34:22 PM » Author: ace100w120v
I like Italian-ish things like spaghetti, pizza, etc, and really almost anything except stuff like brussels' sprouts, asparagus, etc.  Or grapefruit...the very thought of it makes me cringe!
Flurofan96

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Favourite food? « Reply #3 on: December 16, 2014, 01:20:38 PM » Author: Flurofan96
Homemade stuff is awesome and tastier when cooked and done properly. I used to have homemade burgers but unfortunately the miner broke down and therefore had to go back to packet shop bought burgers but they're fine if they're made properly- btw burgers from the deli counter are the best

I also like local produced chutneys, sauces, drinks and certain foods. I buy some chutneys at a farm shop in the I.O.W (Isle of Wight)  now I have to wait til spring until I visit again 

marcopete87

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Favourite food? « Reply #4 on: December 16, 2014, 01:56:11 PM » Author: marcopete87
I like cook pasta (amatriciana, carbonara, etc) with grana padano.
I like also pizza with gorgonzola and speck.
My favourite is barbecue with friends and (a lot of) cabernet, raboso or nero d'avola; after that, coffee with sambuca or grappa. (i don't drive after these lunches)
However, baccalà alla vicentina with prosecco is the best  ;D .
My favourites cheeses are Asiago and Gorgonzola.
Sometimes i eat broccolo fiolaro, radicchio di treviso (cooked on grill; i don't like it in salad).

My favourite foreign food is sushi (and sashimi), but i eat it rarely.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 02:02:42 PM by marcopete87 » Logged
Flurofan96

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Favourite food? « Reply #5 on: December 28, 2014, 05:18:20 PM » Author: Flurofan96
Ok then. Very tasty- I love pasta too, mostly with tomato sauce or basil pesto. I also love barbecues as well with burgers, sausages and similar meats (we don't have the time very often to do that, due to weather and so so)

I too also like sushi   :)

Now then for sweet- I like sweets from Swizzels Matlows, Haribo, Bassettes, jelly bean sweets from Jelly Belly and Jelly Bean Factory, tic tac sweets (orange and lime mix is best). I'd also like to have chewing gum/bubble gum too

For dinner desserts, I prefer basic fruit jelly, ice cream and yogurts  :)

Flurofan96

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Favourite food? « Reply #6 on: January 01, 2015, 05:43:31 PM » Author: Flurofan96
Hmm well cooking for yourself is really great and its actually healthier to cook some dishes from scratch  :)  I'm also much into carb food like pasta but I like most meats like bacon, steak, sausages and burgers plus chicken  :)

Recently with chips is that my dad has discovered chips from Mcains and they're called Gorgeous Chips- guess what they're so fantastic, its like the sort you get in pubs and northern England chip shops (fish and chips in chip shops in the south are really poor quality which my dad says as he is a northerner) and after tasting some fabulous chips in Liverpool, I agree with my dad

streetlight98

View Posts
View Gallery

Mike McCann

GoL Mike McCann 88219189@N04/albums
Re: Favourite food? « Reply #7 on: January 04, 2015, 04:57:43 PM » Author: streetlight98
I definitely like italian food best. Chicken parm is my favorite meal. ;D I also like "american" foods like cheese burgers, grinders, Mac N' Cheese, baked beans (though the latter two are sides more than a main entre lol). Dispite living in the Ocean State, I do not like seafood except for clam chowder, clam cakes, and sometimes a tuna melt sandwich.

And I LOVE ice cream! I also like chocolate and peanut butter (not a huge fan of chocolate ice cream though). I like most desserts but do not like cheesecake and not a huge pie/jelly-based dessert fan. Cookies, brownies, chocolate, ice cream, etc are more my dessert style lol.

Please check out my newly-updated website! McCann Lighting Company is where my street light collection is displayed in detail.

Mercurylamps

View Posts
View Gallery

240V 50Hz

Re: Favourite food? « Reply #8 on: February 20, 2015, 01:55:00 AM » Author: Mercurylamps
I like pizza, pasta, spaghetti, beef and chicken burgers, meatloaf, sushi and especially love home made foods. I also love stuff like casserole. I start the day every morning with cornflakes or some other cereal that we may have here. :)

I tend to snack on fruit or chocolate (sometimes). I also like to have Pringles in the salt and vinegar flavour. I also use a smoothie maker to make some smoothies or milkshakes. Most I drink is water or a mild coffee/tea. 

I also like tortilla chips and love the Mission brand chilli and lime tortilla chips which are red in colour due to the flavouring. They are also thick so they don't break so easily and are in a paper bag. ;)

There's no shortage of chicken nuggets in the freezer either, because of my 2 year old son. ;D

I don't eat a lot of fast food, I tend to have Subway if I do.
hannahs lights

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Favourite food? « Reply #9 on: February 20, 2015, 02:28:40 PM » Author: hannahs lights
I like British roast dinners that's roast meat beef pork or chicken with roast potatoes and roast veg I also like spaghetti bolognase and my fave takeaway is chinese by the way will not eat anything green
marcopete87

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Favourite food? « Reply #10 on: February 24, 2015, 12:54:23 PM » Author: marcopete87
I like British roast dinners that's roast meat beef pork or chicken with roast potatoes and roast veg I also like spaghetti bolognase and my fave takeaway is chinese by the way will not eat anything green

what is spaghetti bolognese?
sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Favourite food? « Reply #11 on: February 24, 2015, 04:44:42 PM » Author: sol
I've always thought spaghetti bolognese is spaghetti with a tomato-based ground meat sauce. A quick search in Google Images illustrates it best.

@Mercurylamps : I also have a two year old son, however, we live in a nugget-free household.  ;D

ggillis

View Posts
View Gallery

AEL 175W NEMA

Re: Favourite food? « Reply #12 on: February 24, 2015, 05:20:32 PM » Author: ggillis
Double cheese burgers

Red Seal Electrician

Click on the link below to view my gallery:

http://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/index.php?cat=11790

Beta 5

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Favourite food? « Reply #13 on: February 24, 2015, 05:45:52 PM » Author: Beta 5
I like pizza, pasta, spaghetti, beef and chicken burgers, meatloaf, sushi and especially love home made foods. I also love stuff like casserole. I start the day every morning with cornflakes or some other cereal that we may have here. :)

I tend to snack on fruit or chocolate (sometimes). I also like to have Pringles in the salt and vinegar flavour. I also use a smoothie maker to make some smoothies or milkshakes. Most I drink is water or a mild coffee/tea.  

I also like tortilla chips and love the Mission brand chilli and lime tortilla chips which are red in colour due to the flavouring. They are also thick so they don't break so easily and are in a paper bag. ;)

There's no shortage of chicken nuggets in the freezer either, because of my 2 year old son. ;D

I don't eat a lot of fast food, I tend to have Subway if I do.

I like a lot of the same food as you, Mercurylamps  :)

Fluorescent Forever :lfl:

Mercurylamps

View Posts
View Gallery

240V 50Hz

Re: Favourite food? « Reply #14 on: February 24, 2015, 09:00:40 PM » Author: Mercurylamps
I like a lot of the same food as you, Mercurylamps  :)

Very nice :) I just had Subway as a matter of fact.  ;)

@sol: We get chicken nuggets really cheap but he also eats a lot of fruit and vegetables. It was hard to get a 2 year old boy to eat healthy. ;)
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies