Author Topic: Favourite food?  (Read 7016 times)
TheUniversalDave1

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Favourite food? « Reply #15 on: March 06, 2015, 08:12:13 PM » Author: TheUniversalDave1
We went to a good old fashioned pizzeria tonight and we had an excellent cheese and mushroom pizza with awesome cheese bread. Also, some cool old lighting! 
Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: Favourite food? « Reply #16 on: May 04, 2015, 10:26:01 PM » Author: Solanaceae
I love steak or anything rice related, as well as chow mein.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: Favourite food? « Reply #17 on: May 17, 2015, 11:47:15 AM » Author: Solanaceae
I also like home made burgers with salt and pepper and having clear American as a drink.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Favourite food? « Reply #18 on: June 11, 2017, 10:27:47 PM » Author: CEB1993
It's hard to say what my single favorite food is, but I do have several foods that I love and I can eat any time.  I like pretty much anything!

My favorite meal for a special occasion would be a ribeye steak with peppercorn sauce, au gratin potatoes, caesar salad, and creme brulee for dessert.

I really like any kind of Chinese or Japanese food.  I'll put teriyaki sauce on anything :D  Since I'm lactose intolerant and cannot eat much cheese or milk-based foods, I really enjoy most Asian foods due to their limited dairy ingredients.  I enjoy traditional home cooking with fried chicken, okra, macaroni and cheese, shrimp and grits, or any other Southern staples.  There's no such thing as sweet tea that's too sweet.  I love to eat and I love to cook, too.

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: Favourite food? « Reply #19 on: June 12, 2017, 12:31:16 AM » Author: Lodge
I like pretty much any food, I've eaten pretty much everything right up to insects, So my favorite is food someone else cooks, good company and maybe a bottle of wine, but I also like finding food in the wild and know hundreds of things you can eat in the wild from mushrooms, plants, berries, and fish all of which are great...
CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Favourite food? « Reply #20 on: August 07, 2017, 10:30:46 PM » Author: CEB1993
I really like any kind of German food.  After going on a study abroad trip to Germany last year, I have been introduced to many great new foods.  There wasn't any food in Germany that I didn't like  :) My two favorite German dishes are curry wurst, a sausage with spicy curry-flavored ketchup served in a bun or on 2 slices of bread, and goulash, a tomato based stew with beef, potatoes, and vegetables, spiced with lots of paprika, delicious!  I really like almost any kind of beer from Germany including pilsners and hefweizens.  I enjoy a classic beer-marinated bratwurst with spicy mustard and a classic reuben sandwich with sauerkraut and corned beef.   I had a beer cheese pretzel sandwich that was a beer cheese spread between two soft baked pretzels.  I've discovered a German restaurant that's really nearby that has a lot of these same authentic foods  ;D
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 07:06:18 AM by CEB1993 » Logged

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

Mercurylamps

View Posts
View Gallery

240V 50Hz

Re: Favourite food? « Reply #21 on: August 08, 2017, 04:04:13 AM » Author: Mercurylamps
I have a soft spot for sushi at the moment. I'm drooling at the thought of more sushi right now. ;D
HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Favourite food? « Reply #22 on: August 22, 2017, 12:06:41 AM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Anything... but it depends on my mood

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Favourite food? « Reply #23 on: August 22, 2017, 06:32:01 AM » Author: sol
I like most anything made with peppermint or wintergreen.
HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Favourite food? « Reply #24 on: August 22, 2017, 10:09:32 AM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Oooo pepperment..

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: Favourite food? « Reply #25 on: August 22, 2017, 08:02:24 PM » Author: Lodge
I like most anything made with peppermint or wintergreen.

Ok while I know this is the off topic thread, but you can make wintergreen (wint-o-green) lifesavers light up in your mouth, though triboluminescence to do this you need a dark room, so no light at all, take a chair and a mirror or a friend and sit there for about 20 minutes to allow your eyes to adjust to the darkness this is no where near the light output by a HID light, then open the package of winter green lifesavers and chew them you'll see little flashes of green light, like little sparks, as you chew with a dry mouth, and this seems to work best with wintergreen lifesavers because they use wintergreen oil flavoring which is florescent under UV and the action of breaking the sugar emits mostly UV light so you won't see much with other candies, and it doesn't work with the sugar free lifesavers you need to break the sugar pieces to create this effect...

Enjoy the wintergreen candies, it's a neat thing to try and you end up with fresh breath in the end of it, or you can just whack them with a hammer if you need instant gratification and a brighter show of light just don't whack your fingers in the dark...
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 08:19:04 PM by Lodge » Logged
sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Favourite food? « Reply #26 on: August 22, 2017, 08:14:52 PM » Author: sol
Although I did make some wintergreen Lifesavers glow quite a few years back, it is now difficult for me to keep some in the house...  ;)
HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Favourite food? « Reply #27 on: August 23, 2017, 01:50:22 AM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
i can relate.... if you give me a thing of mint tic tacs i'll eat all those things within a day,  ;D

~Owen

TL8W

View Posts
View Gallery

Lee

None
Re: Favourite food? « Reply #28 on: August 26, 2017, 05:06:08 AM » Author: TL8W
I would describe my favourite foods in groups, finding it somewhat harder to pick a single dish.

The Great British Inventiion (fish'n'chips) can be irresistible when well cooked with fresh ingredients. Otherwise I'm pretty keen on rice and pasta dishes of all kinds, particularly enjoying Thai and Indian curries. Spaghetti bolognese (seemingly popular in previous replies) is a firm favourite, and when I get to cook my own I add loads of mushrooms, herbs and fennel to the mix, and enjoy the pasta 'al-dente'. You can't beat a good steak with a freshly baked baguette and salad, Cumberland sausages are my favourite in the product group, and I like most kinds of fish, including Swedish pickled herrings (rollmops). Gout has sadly forced m to rein in my enthusiasm for prawns and mussels.

I enjoy almost every vegetable there is, and have always been partial to vegetable soups and stews.

A fresh farmhouse cheddar, double Gloucester or Swiss gruyere cheese with warm, freshly baked bread can have me eating even when not hungry - Branston pickle is gorgeous with them.

Our Christmas dinner of turkey, stuffing, chestnut sauce, roasties, red cabbage and Brussels sprouts, is something I've never tired of, and do not expect to!

Sweet stuff, well I enjoy fresh fruit salads at least a couple times a week, but am otherwise kind if indifferent to cakes and pastries as desserts (probably through stuffing myself on main courses) But for candy I rather like sour chewy sweets like starburst, skittles and cola bottles.

I've enjoyed reading everyone's food favourites, and have felt hungry afterwards!

We do not have to agree on anything to be kind to one another. The ability to be civil is available to everyone on earth, for free.

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Favourite food? « Reply #29 on: August 26, 2017, 07:37:25 AM » Author: CEB1993
TL8W, that all sounds great!  Sounds like we have similar tastes, especially with the fish and chips. There's a pub style restaurant near me that does delicious fish and chips with lightly battered and tender fish, crispy chips ("fries" in the USA) and served with malt vinegar and homemade tartar sauce.  I really like a sharp cheddar cheese, too.

My favorite appetizer is baking a loaf of French bread and serving it with olive oil, basaltic vinegar, and sharp cheddar.  It's a great way to have something to snack on while I'm cooking dinner.

A few other foods that I can always go for:

Any kind of Mexican food
Caesar salad
Fried okra
Crawfish and any kind of Cajun food
French toast
Crab Rangoon

Stop the lamp bans!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies