Author Topic: What kind of cell phone do you use?  (Read 80486 times)
mrboojay

View Posts
View Gallery

I love bulbs of all types.

mrboojay UC2tpasJaLc8IhVdjcDkI_3A mrboojay mrboojays_pics
Re: What kind of cell phone do you use? « Reply #270 on: March 25, 2020, 06:46:49 PM » Author: mrboojay
Yeah I could have gotten it changed or did it myself if I had to, but after watching the keynote I was sold and just wanted it. (My storage was also full, only 32GB)

-mrboojay
My lighting-gallery.net Gallery
My YouTube Channel

Meme Pods

View Posts
View Gallery

A nice daylight CFL

UCKBWkfqE5WPMlFZmssITqPQ
Re: What kind of cell phone do you use? « Reply #271 on: June 08, 2020, 04:39:19 PM » Author: Meme Pods
I use multiple but my main is an iPhone 6s and my backup is the original iPhone  >:(

Down with the halogen bulbs

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
Re: What kind of cell phone do you use? « Reply #272 on: June 09, 2020, 02:41:06 PM » Author: Binarix128
I use a SAMSUNG galaxy J2. And is junk, I will change it.
mrboojay

View Posts
View Gallery

I love bulbs of all types.

mrboojay UC2tpasJaLc8IhVdjcDkI_3A mrboojay mrboojays_pics
Re: What kind of cell phone do you use? « Reply #273 on: June 26, 2020, 10:18:20 PM » Author: mrboojay
I use multiple but my main is an iPhone 6s and my backup is the original iPhone  >:(

I wouldn't be upset about that (except the fact you might have to actually use it), it's a collectible now! :)

-mrboojay
My lighting-gallery.net Gallery
My YouTube Channel

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: What kind of cell phone do you use? « Reply #274 on: June 26, 2020, 10:55:52 PM » Author: Bulbman256
I currently use a cheapo zte flip phone that is basically indestructible but i hate it as everything you do cost minutes and it doesn't even have snake. :(

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
Re: What kind of cell phone do you use? « Reply #275 on: June 26, 2020, 11:10:15 PM » Author: Binarix128
I currently use a cheapo zte flip phone that is basically indestructible but i hate it as everything you do cost minutes and it doesn't even have snake. :(
There are cheapo Nokia phones that are a "second version" of the legendary indestructible one, but with camera, color LCD screen and many features, and for sure they can survive a 3 meters fall.  :)
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: What kind of cell phone do you use? « Reply #276 on: June 27, 2020, 01:07:40 AM » Author: suzukir122
@Bulbman256, @Binarix128, it's funny that both of you mention ZTE and Nokia. I have both. The ZTE Prelude 2 which is UNFORTUNATELY my
main phone, and the Nokia Lumia 1320, which is used for taking photos, filming/playing videos and playing music and alarm sounds only.
However... I'm currently saving up for a new phone. I need one, and it's mandatory. Right now I have my eyes on the Iphone 8, or the
Iphone 11. One of the two will be mine.
I also have my original HTC one V, which was a pretty good phone and much better than my Nokia, but the phone battery is bloated and
I'm very afraid to charge it. Not just that, but I can't replace the battery since there's like zero YouTube videos on how to do so.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What kind of cell phone do you use? « Reply #277 on: June 27, 2020, 03:03:33 AM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
I use an iPhone 7. I also have a ASUS phone (has a basically dead camera but otherwise it works) and ZTE phone. The ZTE is dead (screen cracked and water intrusion).
LightsDelight

View Posts
View Gallery

Fred Dirst is watching you

UCp-ouYxSgmqTWUY4RGWyAFg rollaman82
Re: What kind of cell phone do you use? « Reply #278 on: July 21, 2020, 08:45:17 AM » Author: LightsDelight
With no surprise I damaged my good S8 at work, a drop from 3 metres is no match for a phone even with case. I have been using my mum's old iPhone 6S until I could purchase a refurbished galaxy S9 because the iphone is stuffed with a busted screen and rooted battery. Recently I have gotten some analogue landline phone wiring up in the shed. I think we still have our old number which I'll see if I can get reactivated for no real reason :lol:. I have purchased a box off eBay that uses a 4G simcard and hopefully it will output the proper landline signals.

Keep discharge lighting alive

takemorepills

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What kind of cell phone do you use? « Reply #279 on: July 21, 2020, 09:00:07 PM » Author: takemorepills
Just replaced my 3 year old Moto G5 with a new Moto G8 Power.

The battery in my G5 was getting weak, and at my work we are now relying heavily on using a smartphone to manage device programming and configuration, so I just went ahead and bought a new phone. I would replace the battery in my G5, but it's really a tough one to do (I kept my Nexus 5 going for years by replacing it's battery) and all of the "Motorola" batteries are just Chinese fakes, not worth the hassle.

Really impressed by the Moto G5 that I bought the G8, it's an amazing deal at $149. Has a macro camera, normal camera, wide angle camera, very loud and surprisingly clear speakers and a 5000maH battery. Hopefully it'll last a minimum of 3 years like my G5 did.
Roi_hartmann

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What kind of cell phone do you use? « Reply #280 on: July 22, 2020, 09:20:10 AM » Author: Roi_hartmann
I just got new Nokia 5.3. In hw-wise it's nothing impressive but the bloatware free android version is the thing that I like about Nokia phones.

Aamulla aurinko, illalla AIRAM

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: What kind of cell phone do you use? « Reply #281 on: July 23, 2020, 11:29:34 PM » Author: CEB1993
My old iPhone 7 is still plugging along  :) I got the battery replaced and it's holding a charge for most of the day while I'm at work. I just got some airbud bluetooth earphones and they work nicely with it. Bluetooth connections do drain the battery a little more quickly, but it's not a big deal. I'll keep this phone until it completely wears out. I'm not a fan of the newer iPhones with no home button. I would like to stick with Apple because that's the interface I'm most familiar with.

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

MVMH_99

View Posts
View Gallery

Nothin' Like Clear MV...

Re: What kind of cell phone do you use? « Reply #282 on: November 28, 2020, 04:26:39 PM » Author: MVMH_99
I have a crappy Samsung Galaxy J3 V, which I got in the fall of 2018.  The only plus for me is that it is a reasonable size, so it fits easily in my pocket.  It also has a decent camera and flash, too.  Otherwise, however, the phone has been a LEMON. 

It is a Verizon 4G model, but has trouble staying connected to the network - the 4G constantly drops to "1X," and will not resume 4G connection until you reboot it.  When this happens, the battery dies extremely rapidly as well (within 24 hours max).  Oh, and sometimes I don't get ANY wireless connectivity AT ALL, even when in an area where bandwidth is (or should be) plentiful.  The connection status grays out, and once again, I have to do a reboot to get back online!

Beyond this, certain apps lock up for no reason - whether it's Chrome, or even contacts.  I can't even change my personal contact photo because the app keeps crashing repeatedly!  How pathetic is that?!

Finally, even on the "miracle" occasions where it works as it should, I still can't even get 48 hours off a single charge, even after having REPLACED the battery with a brand new one!

If it ain't broke, don't fix it - let old lighting LIVE!

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: What kind of cell phone do you use? « Reply #283 on: January 25, 2021, 02:22:08 AM » Author: suzukir122
I just bought the Samsung Galaxy S20 a couple days ago. Looks to have 5 cameras on it...? But anyways, really, really big
difference between that phone, and the phone I just got rid of. (ZTE Prelude 2 from Cricket)
Serious game changer for me. I should be able to post more pictures to Lighting Gallery, and post high quality videos to YouTube

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

icefoglights

View Posts
View Gallery

ITT Low Pressure Sodium NEMA

GoL
Re: What kind of cell phone do you use? « Reply #284 on: January 25, 2021, 01:25:38 PM » Author: icefoglights
I just got an S20 back in November.  I had an S9 before it that I was honestly not that impressed with, but so far I'm quite happy with the S20.  As far as cameras, this one has three.  An extra wide (0.5x), standard (1x) and zoom (3x).

01010010 01101111 01100010 01100101 01110010 01110100

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies