Author Topic: What kind of cell phone do you use?  (Read 80425 times)
Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: What kind of cell phone do you use? « Reply #285 on: January 25, 2021, 01:47:03 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Update: For xmas i got the new iphone Se, having a home button is one of those things you just need, i hate using the 10-12 as they just don't work for me, and touch id works during the pandemic. ;D

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: What kind of cell phone do you use? « Reply #286 on: January 25, 2021, 04:35:04 PM » Author: suzukir122
@Icefoglights, I wonder if yours is the same as mine? Mine definitely *seems* to have five cameras on it... 4 on the front, and one on the screen

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What kind of cell phone do you use? « Reply #287 on: January 26, 2021, 12:20:07 AM » Author: High Intensity
I got a new phone pretty recently, my new phone is a Motorola G Stylus. The camera (or cameras) on this phone are far better than the one on my LG Aristo 3, along with pretty much everything else.
icefoglights

View Posts
View Gallery

ITT Low Pressure Sodium NEMA

GoL
Re: What kind of cell phone do you use? « Reply #288 on: January 27, 2021, 12:48:48 AM » Author: icefoglights
@Icefoglights, I wonder if yours is the same as mine? Mine definitely *seems* to have five cameras on it... 4 on the front, and one on the screen

I didn't count the front camera.  Mine is the standard S20.  On the back are the 3 lenses stacked in a line.  To the right of the top lens is the flash lamp, and to the right of the bottom lens is the microphone.  There is also the S20+ and S20 Ultra.  The S20+ and Ultra have an extra sensor to the right of the middle lens.

01010010 01101111 01100010 01100101 01110010 01110100

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: What kind of cell phone do you use? « Reply #289 on: January 27, 2021, 01:29:00 AM » Author: suzukir122
Ohhh ok... so I got mistaken and thought that sensor was another camera. So it should have 4 cameras total then.
Mine is definitely the Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus

Interests:
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What kind of cell phone do you use? « Reply #290 on: January 27, 2021, 06:57:48 AM » Author: Medved
Ohhh ok... so I got mistaken and thought that sensor was another camera. So it should have 4 cameras total then.
Mine is definitely the Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus
If the "sensor" is for face recognition, it is just another camera, most often even two (to get 3D). Working down to IR.

No more selfballasted c***

alexd120

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What kind of cell phone do you use? « Reply #291 on: January 28, 2021, 09:57:46 AM » Author: alexd120
I'm still using a galaxy s8 active

Rapid start ,preheat metal halide mercury vapor and high pressure sodium for life.

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: What kind of cell phone do you use? « Reply #292 on: February 01, 2021, 04:21:57 AM » Author: LightsoftheWest
Looking back at the original posts makes me laugh at the old technology. :lol: I did have a Samsung Galaxy S7 before I got a Samsung Galaxy S20FE5G for Christmas.

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What kind of cell phone do you use? « Reply #293 on: February 01, 2021, 06:15:58 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Hey, we're really old school then, we use a trusty Nokia 6310i as our phones.  :mrg:
We can make phone calls and send text messages, that's all we need in a phone.  :)
If we want to take pictures we use a camera.  :mrg:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: What kind of cell phone do you use? « Reply #294 on: February 01, 2021, 07:28:44 AM » Author: Bulbman256
Hey, we're really old school then, we use a trusty Nokia 6310i as our phones.  :mrg:
We can make phone calls and send text messages, that's all we need in a phone.  :)
If we want to take pictures we use a camera.  :mrg:

Hey don't think a bomb can kill that thing! :poof: :lol: And if you want old school, carry around a rotary phone! :mrg:

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What kind of cell phone do you use? « Reply #295 on: February 01, 2021, 07:31:46 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Hey don't think a bomb can kill that thing! :poof: :lol: And if you want old school, carry around a rotary phone! :mrg:
We have a couple of those in our flat, connected up and working.  :wndr:
The only problem carrying them about is the length of the cord for plugging it in...  :mrg:

Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: What kind of cell phone do you use? « Reply #296 on: February 01, 2021, 07:49:41 AM » Author: Bulbman256
We have a couple of those in our flat, connected up and working.  :wndr:
The only problem carrying them about is the length of the cord for plugging it in...  :mrg:

That might be an issue, you might be able to rig something up to make it wireless. :mrg:

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What kind of cell phone do you use? « Reply #297 on: February 01, 2021, 07:58:24 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
That might be an issue, you might be able to rig something up to make it wireless. :mrg:
And something to keep the handset on the hook.!  :mrg:

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: What kind of cell phone do you use? « Reply #298 on: February 01, 2021, 08:04:51 AM » Author: suzukir122
The main reason why I made the immediate upgrade to a new phone was because my phone kept losing signal/service. I still don't know what that was about, but regardless, it was either make a move, or continue to risk missing out on receiving calls or text messages.

Interests:

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What kind of cell phone do you use? « Reply #299 on: February 01, 2021, 09:27:56 AM » Author: Rommie
Here's a portable rotary phone  :lol:

Still works as good as new too, despite probably being dropped several times from the top of phone poles  ;D

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies