Author Topic: What kind of cell phone do you use?  (Read 78385 times)
icefoglights

View Posts
View Gallery

ITT Low Pressure Sodium NEMA

GoL
Re: What kind of cell phone do you use? « Reply #30 on: January 23, 2015, 12:13:37 AM » Author: icefoglights
That was one of the things that nudged me toward the iPhone.  The Rugby had a mere 4 GB of storage, but only about 1.5 GB was usable, as the rest was used by the OS and bundled bloatware.  It also had only 512MB of RAM, which was usually bogged down by excessive background apps and services.  Finally, not being one of their flagship phones, OS updates were almost nonexistent.

However, it took many drops on concrete floors, and even submersion in water without missing a beat.  Didn't even have to chase batteries and covers.

01010010 01101111 01100010 01100101 01110010 01110100

ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What kind of cell phone do you use? « Reply #31 on: January 23, 2015, 09:08:25 PM » Author: ace100w120v
I had a 64GB iPod Touch survive being submerged multuple times, (While on!)but finally it was one too many.
icefoglights

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: What kind of cell phone do you use? « Reply #32 on: January 24, 2015, 03:20:24 AM » Author: icefoglights
The Propel was in the river for 3 hours, and was powered on when it went in.  When I took it out, it was dead, and there was water sloshing in the screen.  I left it on the dash of my car in the sun for several days, until the condensation cloud on the windshield above it went away.  After that, if plugged into external power, it would turn on, and could even make and receive calls.  It wasn't stable though, and would randomly freeze up or restart itself, and wouldn't take a charge anymore.  I was however, able to copy the contacts from the phone memory to the SIM card.  The water didn't hurt the SIM card or the stuff stored on the SD card.  I put the SIM card back into my old Z750a for a month and a half until I got my Android phone.

ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What kind of cell phone do you use? « Reply #33 on: January 24, 2015, 10:25:38 AM » Author: ace100w120v
Mine worked immediately afterwards, but later that day when I went to use it it wouldn't work.  I tried plugging it in to charge but that probably fried it for good now that I think about it.
Roi_hartmann

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What kind of cell phone do you use? « Reply #34 on: January 26, 2015, 09:19:42 AM » Author: Roi_hartmann
I have old Nokia N8 still in daily use since it has very good camera (especially considering its age). Then I have Samsung x-cover 2 (GT-S7710) that belongs to company I work for. I also have Jolla mobile phone but I dont usually carry it with me because it does have some weak spots that makes it too unreliable for everyday use. still it has sim card in it. interesting toy though.

Aamulla aurinko, illalla AIRAM

TheUniversalDave1

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What kind of cell phone do you use? « Reply #35 on: January 27, 2015, 10:10:33 PM » Author: TheUniversalDave1
I upgraded to an iPhone 6 today! Now, I'll be able to upload higher quality photos.
Flurofan96

View Posts
View Gallery

Celebrating my 10th Anniversary on LG

Re: What kind of cell phone do you use? « Reply #36 on: January 28, 2015, 04:10:08 PM » Author: Flurofan96
Wow, congratulations  :)

Lighting-Gallery member since June 2014

icefoglights

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: What kind of cell phone do you use? « Reply #37 on: February 01, 2015, 08:10:46 PM » Author: icefoglights
Very nice!  I see you went with the Otter Box too.  How is the fit?  My otter box was an inital release version that I preordered with the phone.  It works, but there's some little things that make me think it was designed around the leaked/rumored iPhones instead of the actual one.  When they make a belt clip for it, I'm thinking of changing to a LifeProof frē.  The otter box is good, but I do have a history with water  :-[

Flurofan96

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What kind of cell phone do you use? « Reply #38 on: February 02, 2015, 06:44:51 PM » Author: Flurofan96
Huhhhh, well you know what  :) I'm back to using a Nokia 2310 which is my dads and he lets me to use it as he doesn't use it very often. As my Samsung S4 has been factory resetted because I'm going to a Samsung electronic dealer to see what's causing the WIFI problem (hopefully this will happen in mid February as I will get some free time) I've prepared my S4 along with its bits and bobs ready   :)

If however the repair process requires it being sent to a repair centre by an another Samsung dealer and result in waiting for X amount of days, then I will get out my old LG slide phone, get it unlocked so I can use a spare T mobile SIM card in and then add my important numbers for necessary communication  :)

Even with a shiny new smartphone, its always handy to have a spare old mobile phone which will work and possibly save a lot of hassle in paramount times  :)

Flurofan96  :)

icefoglights

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: What kind of cell phone do you use? « Reply #39 on: February 03, 2015, 01:22:08 PM » Author: icefoglights
One of the things I did when I got my new iPhone was to get an adapter so it's nano-SIM will fit my old mini-SIM phones, so I could use my Rugby or Z750a as a spare

Flurofan96

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What kind of cell phone do you use? « Reply #40 on: February 21, 2015, 04:14:01 AM » Author: Flurofan96
Hello everyone  :)

I've just got my s4 phone back from Samsung and it's working like new, the WIFI is working as normal  :) what Samsung did was to replace the motherboard (and something was saI'd about soldering- all the time it was probably soldering which had gone bad because it's lead free) RoHs galore.

I can type and post pics on my s4 now  :)

Flurofan96

nicksfans

View Posts
View Gallery

Down with lamp bans!

GoL the.baus.of.all.bauses UCDl2EWWZc9h1IZXcfGU9OZA nicksfans
Re: What kind of cell phone do you use? « Reply #41 on: March 13, 2015, 09:53:59 AM » Author: nicksfans
I've had an iPhone 5 for over 2 years now.

I like my lamps thick, my ballasts heavy, and my fixtures tough.

My Gallery
Instagram
YouTube

mrboojay

View Posts
View Gallery

I love bulbs of all types.

mrboojay UC2tpasJaLc8IhVdjcDkI_3A mrboojay mrboojays_pics
Re: What kind of cell phone do you use? « Reply #42 on: March 15, 2015, 11:13:11 PM » Author: mrboojay
I have had 3 smartphones and 3 iPod Touchs (es? (I know it is the proper way to spell it but when you have brand names, do you do proper?))

The 1st one I had and have (I still have them all) is a Motorola Photon 4G, was a good durable, horribly unreliable phone.  The battery lasted a half day if it was used, it was getting slow, boot time was 5 minutes, sometimes it could call immediately, other times it would wait...and wait...sometimes up to 2 minutes to place a call, no to even launch the phone app...anyway, (not something I would rely on to make a 911 call) I still have that and play around with it at times, the camera I did like and still do, it wasn't that bad.  (some of my gallery pics were taken with it, like the ones of the Cincinnati Museum)  Also the speaker was nothing to really laugh at either, pretty loud ith decent sound.

My 2nd and current phone is an HTC One M8, this thing is like 300%+ better then the Photon, the speakers are amazing, love BoomSound (that is what sold me on it).  Camera could be better but eh, not going to complain.  And I love the durablilty and pretty much everything about this phone.

My 3rd phone was an off contract low end Android from Kroger called the Collpad Arise, I got it pretty much because, it was a smart phone, and a nice looking one at that, but it was also being sold for $10 with no contract at the time, love the little thing, though I have to do something with it, I filled it up and can't empty it out.  :-\  Also has a flash and a pretty good speaker for the price, not bad at all.

So yeah I have been a Android fan, but I also love iOS, I really like them both, for that reason I have had 3 iPods, 2 4th gens and 1 5th gen.  Both the 4th gens were water logged, the 1st the battery was getting old and running down anyway and I had it on a water slide and didn't feel it until it was too late, only thing that happened was a messed up mic and both cameras died.  This still works and I let my sister have it, now I am going to return it to myself.  2nd, water logged, for a few hours hlaf submurged in water, thing still works fine, but both cameras died and the backlight went out, besides that tou can't tell anyhitng happened...I have now lost it somewhere.  Then missing out on iOS and all the benefits it has (Apple TV, my long list of apps that I don't want to pay for on Android, blah blah) my brother lent me his 5th gen, which I am enjoying now (it has a nearly shot battery, but oh well, I can always charge it, the thing will go from 20-100 in about 5 minutes).

Other phones I have here but I don't really own are an HTC Evo 4G (My Mom's old one) and a Motorola i1000plus (that seems to not function anymore).  SO yeah..that is my list.

And when you live in a big family with many devices, you can do this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KjRupzbA60 :P

So yeah to answer the OP's inquiry, I use an HTC One M8 with a 5th Gen iPod Touch.

And if you read this all, I thank/congratulate you. :)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 11:14:53 PM by mrboojay » Logged

-mrboojay
My lighting-gallery.net Gallery
My YouTube Channel

themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

themaritimegirl themaritimegirl themaritimegirl
Re: What kind of cell phone do you use? « Reply #43 on: April 18, 2015, 11:42:47 PM » Author: themaritimegirl
I've heard that the iPhone 6 has been plagued with both hardware and software issues - worse than any iPhone before.

Electrical Engineering Graduate
YouTube | Twitter | Instagram

nicksfans

View Posts
View Gallery

Down with lamp bans!

GoL the.baus.of.all.bauses UCDl2EWWZc9h1IZXcfGU9OZA nicksfans
Re: What kind of cell phone do you use? « Reply #44 on: April 18, 2015, 11:47:29 PM » Author: nicksfans
My iPhone 5 still works fine. Not gonna get the 6 based on what I've heard. If they can't produce something better, my next will be an Android.

I like my lamps thick, my ballasts heavy, and my fixtures tough.

My Gallery
Instagram
YouTube

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies