Author Topic: An article about health hazards from LED lighting: Is this true or false?  (Read 6817 times)
Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: An article about health hazards from LED lighting: Is this true or false? « Reply #30 on: June 09, 2015, 05:36:25 PM » Author: Ash
The smashed LED filament lamp will still work, so onece the user see that, he will be tempted to leave it in use....

I think that if isolation inside a transfrmer is properly made (sufficient thickness of material, reliable material that won't melt through under normal & expected fault temperature / duration), it can be assumed as reliable isolation transformer. You trust the isolation in the phone charger every time you use it....

Whether the isolation found in Ebay stuff is reliable to trust like that is another question, usually no it is not
Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: An article about health hazards from LED lighting: Is this true or false? « Reply #31 on: June 09, 2015, 09:01:12 PM » Author: Solanaceae
If think it would last longer if it's open air since it will get more cooling airflow.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: An article about health hazards from LED lighting: Is this true or false? « Reply #32 on: June 10, 2015, 12:52:54 AM » Author: Medved
The smashed LED filament lamp will still work, so onece the user see that, he will be tempted to leave it in use....

The halogens continue to operate as well, that is not assumed as safety issue. Plus then physically breaking anything usually exposes live wires...
With those filament ones it really does not make sense.
The transformer may be smaller, but then everything will operate way closer to the technology limits, with severe consequences on the efficiency and reliability. Plus the worse efficiency would mean higher losses, so higher temperature, so even worse reliability.

Problem is with those uncovered "corn" lamps, there the conductors are accessible without breaking anything.

No more selfballasted c***

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies