Author Topic: How you discovered LG Net  (Read 8197 times)
TheUniversalDave1

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: How you discovered LG Net « Reply #15 on: November 20, 2015, 11:35:40 PM » Author: TheUniversalDave1
I have always been fascinated by red glowing mercury vapors and rapid start fluorescents, esp when I was little. My interest was rekindled when I found an old shoplight at my dad's former workplace. I started learning about lights (in June 2013, I thought an F96T12/HO was manual preheat LOL) I then started to maintain the fluorescent lights at my dad's former workplace. In September 2013, TheMaritimeMan invited me through a YouTube video. Ironically, the conversation was about PCB's in a 15 watt Robertson trigger start ballast. Which seems dumb to me now, since ballasts like that have no cap. At that point, I was still going ballistic over PCB's like most new lighting collectors. 
ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: How you discovered LG Net « Reply #16 on: November 21, 2015, 12:10:14 AM » Author: ace100w120v
I'm one of the few who didn't toss their PCB ballasts LOL.  Granted, I don't think I had any yet. As far as that goes My first vintage fixture/ballast, acquired in November of 2012, was a filthy (somewhat cleaned up now but still needs work) Sears 2XF40 shoplight  with a tar-leaked GE Bonusline ballast.  It still did 2 years of heavy use though, much of that as a plant light.  It still works fine but doesn't get used currently. 
Bert

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: How you discovered LG Net « Reply #17 on: February 01, 2016, 11:35:57 PM » Author: Bert
I have been interested in all things electrical for a long time and more recently started collecting all sorts of old electrical equipment.

After getting some old fluorescents and trying to do some research on them I found this site and lurked for a few months on and off looking at a bunch of the pictures. I really love seeing old electrical installs, whether it's lighting or any other part of an electrical system.
icefoglights

View Posts
View Gallery

ITT Low Pressure Sodium NEMA

GoL
Re: How you discovered LG Net « Reply #18 on: March 07, 2016, 11:24:39 PM » Author: icefoglights
I found this site back in 2008.  A few things had rekindled my lighting interest at the time, and one of them was finding a low mounted wall light at the far end of a dead-end hall where I worked at the time.  In the light was a Norelco bulb.  At about the same time, I drove through a neighborhood that's still lit with mercury vapor lights, some of them old and greened out.  I started googling around looking into the two, and my first stop was Silverliner's old website.  That eventually led me here, where I lurked for a little bit.  Finally joined while I was working in Louisiana, and found old small town hardware stores were goldmines for interesting lighting and electrical goodies.

01010010 01101111 01100010 01100101 01110010 01110100

tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: How you discovered LG Net « Reply #19 on: March 08, 2016, 12:43:35 AM » Author: tolivac
This site was suggested to me by another member also on the vacuum cleaner forum.Have had an interest in lighting equipment for some time-esp HID and portable HID and LED lights.
Flurofan96

View Posts
View Gallery

Celebrating my 10th Anniversary on LG

Re: How you discovered LG Net « Reply #20 on: March 09, 2016, 02:58:31 PM » Author: Flurofan96
I've discovered this site whilst I was on Frangiosos Streetlight page (known as tpirman1982) back in February 2014 and he had a link to this site and I looked at the pictures of his gallery on here, then I went to the homepage of this site and looked at all awesome pics you lot were posting there. Then I decided to join there in June 2014 after my last exam of my AS levels  :)

Its nearly been 2 years since I've joined this site and I've really really enjoyed my time spending on it, posting pics and chatting to you all. Its so lovely to make friends who have this interest and learn at the same time  ;) 

Lighting-Gallery member since June 2014

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: How you discovered LG Net « Reply #21 on: December 05, 2017, 11:49:45 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
I had actually been aware of the site for a few years prior, just was admittedly too lazy to bother registering, (that was for most sites) until earlier this year when i was out scouting the junkyard and pulled an old ballast and cap from a downed GE flood fixture that was pretty well destroyed: http://www.lighting-gallery.net/index.php?topic=5522.msg42150#msg42150, I ended up finding out the ballast was a doorstop, and to this day still don't know if the cap that came with it is functional.... after i had made that post i went inactive for a bit, then i came back after i had created my desklamp: http://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=4640&pos=26&pid=136112 Which has been seeing much improvement ever since I've joined... After the desklamp thing, I've remained active on the forum, I've always been interested in building things, and lights, so i figured I'd make a hobby of it, and why not share aswell while I'm at it, no one in my household really cares about lighting, nor do many of my friends, so its good to be around others with common interest, ultimately I am glad i joined up!  :hps: :hps: :hps: :hps:

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: How you discovered LG Net « Reply #22 on: December 07, 2017, 07:59:05 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I came to join LG through watching Ria get real enjoyment out of posting on the site, and thought that I could join in as well and have equal enjoyment.

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: How you discovered LG Net « Reply #23 on: December 07, 2017, 08:08:03 AM » Author: Rommie
Seeing Sammi post, it occurred to me I've not said how I found this site. I came across it indirectly through James, I'd been in touch with him via his Lamptech site when I wanted permission to use text from it, that got me thinking about resurrecting my collection, which I'd rather let slide since my teenage years, really. Looking around t'interweb I came across LG last July, and have hardly been off it since  :D

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: How you discovered LG Net « Reply #24 on: December 07, 2017, 10:19:25 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Seeing Sammi post, it occurred to me I've not said how I found this site. I came across it indirectly through James, I'd been in touch with him via his Lamptech site when I wanted permission to use text from it, that got me thinking about resurrecting my collection, which I'd rather let slide since my teenage years, really. Looking around t'interweb I came across LG last July, and have hardly been off it since  :D

And seeing Ria posting late at night, made me want to join in.  ;D

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: How you discovered LG Net « Reply #25 on: December 07, 2017, 12:02:33 PM » Author: CEB1993
I have always been nostalgic about incandescent lamps from the early 2000's and earlier.  Upon looking up various older model soft white incandescent light bulbs, I noticed that many pictures came from members here at our website.  I could always count on going to LG for detailed pictures and in depth information about all kinds of lighting.  I began looking into the website back in 2012 when the first wave of incandescent bans took place and what used to be common light bulbs became hard-to-find collector's items.

I finally decided to join the website two years ago when I saw how many members are just like me with the same interest in modern incandescent and halogen lamps, and an affinity for vintage lamps, too.  I didn't know the ReStore was a great place to find cool bulbs for cheap until I joined this website.  Now the ReStore is a regular stop for me nearly every weekend  ;D  

It's been awesome meeting others with my same specialized and unique interest in lighting.  I've connected with two other members so far in person and via video chat and found that we have lots in common and plenty to talk about.  It's incredible how there are people from all over the world on this website and that a passion for lighting is universal :)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 12:07:12 PM by CEB1993 » Logged

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

View Posts
View Gallery

Tha SOX MADMANNN

Re: How you discovered LG Net « Reply #26 on: December 08, 2017, 07:39:04 AM » Author: 589
I found LG during an image search for SOX  ;D

It took me about a year to actually join though, and has been the only forum I've really been able to participate in. I think it is fantastic that there's so many folks from around the world and across the US involved here, it allows all of us to see and experience all kinds of lighting that we would otherwise been completely ignorant of. Having an outlet here with all of you for my lighting interests has enriched my life greatly. It is my intent to do the best I can to give back to this great community I am very thankful for. Y'all rock!

:lps:

F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

https://www.facebook.com/ Unreleasedwav UC2Uv7t9KgigOoT6blff2t3w i.d._official
Re: How you discovered LG Net « Reply #27 on: February 10, 2018, 11:26:22 AM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
I discovered LG through google images while looking up Fluorescent Light EOL then I clicked on a link to here and was a guest
2 days later I registered than they let me in and I m glad I registered and wish I did it back in 2015 ;D

Music Producer/Light Enthusiast

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: How you discovered LG Net « Reply #28 on: June 11, 2020, 08:16:33 PM » Author: Bulbman256
I watched a lot of dieselducy and parrot175 as a kid and was always interested in lighting since a young age. I heard about lg while watching dducy and recelty found his videos again and was reminded that lg existed and i soon searched for it and joined! ;D

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: How you discovered LG Net « Reply #29 on: June 11, 2020, 08:59:31 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
I'd been on various Christmas lights forums for years, & would sometimes watch videos on YouTube...then one day out of curiosity I just did a random search of 'fluorescent lights' (or something like that) on YouTube, and up came a list of various fluorescent startup & EOL videos :o  (before that I had no idea anyone else was into such lights). One of the guys in their video mentioned something about a lights website...

So I google'd "fluorescent lights forum" one of the links went here, there was another that went to GOL. I saved both & started looking around, then joined.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies