Author Topic: what car do you drive?  (Read 37972 times)
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #135 on: July 23, 2020, 02:48:56 PM » Author: suzukir122
@CEB1993, yeah those Miata's are definitely popular. I should know -- a coworker of mine owns one.
He also modified the flip up halogen lights and made them LED Halo's. I'll see if I can snap a video or pic
of his car before or maybe after work today, unless he brings in his Mustang.

*Edit*... he brought his Mustang. I'll see if he brings the Miata on Monday when I'm back at work.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 03:14:25 PM by suzukir122 » Logged

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

mefurd98

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #136 on: October 20, 2021, 01:32:59 AM » Author: mefurd98
My Subaru Legacy has a 6 speed CVT transmission with manual paddle shifters on the steering wheel. The CVT is pleasant and the constantly changing gear ratios keep the RPM’s at a fairly relaxed level while cruising at a constant speed. I wish there was a true manual overdrive mode to get the Subaru WRX/STI experience. There’s some road noise from the 18 inch premium wheels, but I just turn up the radio a little louder  :D

Bullet proof reliability so far after two years including a drive all the way to Canada and back. At 87,000 miles we’re still going strong. That 3.6 liter “boxer” engine is a fine machine. I replace the oil (5W-30 synthetic) every 5000 miles. I restored and resealed the headlight lenses and replaced all the stock incandescent lamps.
I just got a new 2020 Subaru Legacy last year and I LOVE it! It has the smoothest ride of any car I've ever driven and very fuel efficient. I have also considered trading my Civic for a WRX but who knows. Nice to see another Legacy owner on here!
CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #137 on: November 01, 2021, 08:57:13 PM » Author: CEB1993
Hey that's awesome! Reviews say these newest Legacys have ride quality and seat comfort of luxury sedans twice their price. The Legacy really is an awesome road trip car  8) I've driven mine all the way to Montreal, Canada and back. With the 6 cylinder version, I can get about 590 miles out of a full tank of gas. I've heard the redesigned Subarus 2019 and newer replace the 6 cylinder with a turbocharged 4 cylinder.

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #138 on: June 17, 2023, 02:56:31 PM » Author: Cole D.
Last year, my uncle traded in his 2008 GMC Sierra diesel 4 door truck, for Ford F-150 gas 4 door. I rode in it recently, and it has that AWFUL automatic stopping and restarting of the engine every time you start.

If you don’t want it to shut off, you have to press the button that turns off that feature every time you start it.

Plus my aunt trade in her Subaru Forester from 2019, to a Subaru Ascent, since she needed more space for when the grandkids  ride with her. But luckily it doesn’t have the awful stop/start like that truck has.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

CooperOVZ

View Posts
View Gallery

OVZ

Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #139 on: June 19, 2023, 05:57:56 PM » Author: CooperOVZ
Right now, I'm using a 2007 Toyota Camry LE. It is really reliable and consistently gets over 30 MPG. The engine is also quite simple for maintenance. For $16,000 (CAD), my parents purchased this in 2011. (The 1st picture is mine but the second isn't.)

Greetings, I'm CooperOVZ. My actual name is Kabir. Since I was nine years old, I have had a broad interest in lighting.

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #140 on: June 19, 2023, 06:03:36 PM » Author: suzukir122
Custom 2010 Hyundai Genesis coupe. I'm looking around for another vehicle though, since that car is a manual. I need an automatic, so I've been
saving up.

Interests:
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #141 on: June 19, 2023, 07:15:50 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 My daily driver is still the same beat-up , rusty , 231,000 mile 1993 Subaru Legacy I've been driving since before Covid !! I plan on running it until there's nothing left to run ~

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #142 on: June 19, 2023, 07:41:32 PM » Author: suzukir122
I've been wishing I could find a car like that, that will last well over 200,000 miles reliably, with routine maintenance checks, etc.

Interests:

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #143 on: June 19, 2023, 07:43:02 PM » Author: joseph_125
1999 Toyota Corolla VE, ~320K km on it. 4 cyl, 4 speed auto. Still fairly reliable and very easy to work on but I use it for mostly trips around the city. I get around 9.5L/100km or 25 MPG, decent for a older vehicle I guess.
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #144 on: June 19, 2023, 07:46:49 PM » Author: suzukir122
Yeah I'm hoping my next vehicle, which would be my daily driving car, is something like that. Smaller and more compact, automatic, reliable and easy
to work on anytime. I think I'd rather go 4 cylinder as well, mainly because of the higher MPG numbers.

Interests:

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #145 on: June 19, 2023, 09:16:39 PM » Author: Bulbman256
A 2011 Honda accord EL-X, with the 3.5L V6 and automatic transmission. Has about 63,600 miles on it, 350 of which I put on today driving to my grandma's house. Great fun car that gets around 30mpg highway and has been (mostly) reliable. 8)

@Suzukir122: If you want a reliable and really good economical car, get a 4cyl accord. My dad had a 2015 base auto sedan for a while and it got 38mpg cruising the interstate. If you're fine with a CVT auto on the 9th gens then get those, they are really reliable compared to Nissans CVTs. Otherwise get an 8th gen or older 4cyl accord with the 5 speed auto or just get a manual or V6, the V6 cars all have normal autos no matter the year. Just make sure to find one that was well taken care of. :D

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #146 on: June 19, 2023, 09:42:17 PM » Author: suzukir122
@Bulbman256, My Hyundai is my manual car, so I'm definitely gonna stick with automatic for my daily car. You're actually the 4th person who has told
me to get a Honda Accord... two of my coworkers have recommended the accord, my former next door neighbor, and one of my best friends. All of them have
mentioned the accord, and two of them mentioned the Civic as well.
If I could find an accord that's within my price range, I think I'll go for the accord. I've been hearing a lot of good things about them, and Honda
in general.
My accord would not be anything fun or sporty though. More than likely will be one of the older sedans lol... as long as it's automatic, and as long
as it can drive reliably.

Interests:

takemorepills

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #147 on: June 19, 2023, 09:55:04 PM » Author: takemorepills
I bought a 2003 Acura TL for my son's first car. Due to the high used car prices, I ended up with something that was in poor condition and more expensive than I'd normally accept.

However, I have resurrected the car, and it drives superbly. It is related to the Accord V6, and these cars do, in fact, seem to be pretty darn good. I'd drive it across country without any concerns (it has 200K).
Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #148 on: June 19, 2023, 10:55:53 PM » Author: Bulbman256
@Suzukir122: Hey great minds think alike! :mrg: My family has had 4 Hondas (3 accords and an odyssey) and the biggest issue we've had with one was a toasted alternator (my car) Not too big on the civics as to me the interior is a lot worse on them compared to the accords, at least the ones I test drove.

@Takemorepills: The TL is on the same platform as the accord IIRC, my plan for mine when the motor goes in 10 years is to get a TL SH-AWD drivetrain and rebuild the 3.7L V6 with some boost. Then I would stuff it into the accord, AWD and all to make a hell of a commuter car. :lol:

Mine drives really smooth, My dad's old one which is now my brother's is still running and driving great with the 2.4L CVT. I almost got an Acura ILX for my first car, however we found my accord at the same lot and chose that as it was much lower miles and nicer shape. 8) A buddy of mine has an ILX, and she seems to really love driving it.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2023, 11:07:51 PM by Bulbman256 » Logged

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #149 on: June 19, 2023, 11:08:12 PM » Author: suzukir122
@Bulbman, yeah great minds do think alike. I agree  8)
I've actually heard a lot of good things about the odyssey as well. I WILL NOT be getting any kind of van or SUV, but it's worth noting that apparently
the odyssey is reliable as well. I've been debating on my next car being V6. Tough debate, because I really want a car that's good on gas. V6 would
provide more power, but I'm not looking for strong horsepower from my daily car. No more boost for me either, not with my next car.
I'm now also interested in the Acura as well, in that 2003 era. That sounds like it matches my needs quite well, especially if it's truly that reliable.

Interests:

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies