Author Topic: Worst 1-star amazon reviews?  (Read 8635 times)
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Worst 1-star amazon reviews? « on: April 19, 2016, 08:28:49 AM » Author: Lumex120
I have been noticing an increasing amount of 1-star reviews on a product, only because "I thought the printer had Wi-Fi even though it said it did not." or "This heat lamp produces lots of heat, but I decided that I did not like it" and they did not even say why?
Below are some actual 1-star reviews I have found:

On this product: http://www.amazon.com/Westinghouse-7813365-Princess-Ambiance-Ceiling/dp/B000LNWVOE

1 Star  
BAD FAN, DO NOT BUY IT!!!!!!!!
By FANFAN on August 26, 2014
Color: White
I GOT THIS FAN NEW IN THE BOX. I DIDN'T GET THE BLADES ON. ONCE, I TOOK THE MOTOR HOUSING APART AND COULD NOT GET IT BACK TOGETHER. NOW, THAT'S ONE BAD FAN!!!!!!!!

That is the worst one. Here are more:
One Star
ByEarlene B.on May 30, 2015
Style: Printer|Verified Purchase
Never did get it set-up

Seriously? You never got your printer set up and instead you blame it on HP?

Returned this mess, cheap printers are the biggest headache
ByGypsyQueenon May 20, 2015
Returned this mess

The idiocy continues...

One Star
April 4, 2016
NOT HAPPY! ONLY FEW DAYS LATER AFTER I PURCHASED THE PRICE WENT DOWN by $20.

Alright, let's move on to something else:

Zoo Med Ceramic Heat Emitter

1:
1.0 out of 5 stars Dislike
July 9, 2014
Size: 60W|Verified Purchase
Bulb works fine, however I decided I do not like it because it's difficult to tell if it's on or off.

And here is a personal favorite of mine on a solar powered post-top light:

One Star
 May 7, 2015

Where I placed it did not get enough sun light for it to light up at night.

2 comments

Amazon Customer
Just remove your review of 1 star then...>It's not the companies fault for making an awesome solar light if the customer chooses to put it in a horrible area. Right?

Bridget Jones (really)11 months ago
How is the deficiency of sunlight in your yard in order to power the battery, related to a one-star review of the product itself?

What are some stupid 1-star reviews you have seen that aren't the company's fault?

Unofficial LG Discord

Aveoguy22
Re: Worst 1-star amazon reviews? « Reply #1 on: April 20, 2016, 09:20:10 PM » Author: Aveoguy22
they aren't 1 star reviews but go read some of the reviews for the haribo sugar free gummy bears.  good 2 hours of reading there
ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Worst 1-star amazon reviews? « Reply #2 on: April 22, 2016, 01:15:09 AM » Author: ace100w120v
Similarly, I just discovered "Best-of-Craigslist"...funny stuff, archived Craigslist ads that are hilarious, just plain awesome, weird, etc. 
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Worst 1-star amazon reviews? « Reply #3 on: April 22, 2016, 09:50:31 AM » Author: Lumex120
Similarly, I just discovered "Best-of-Craigslist"...funny stuff, archived Craigslist ads that are hilarious, just plain awesome, weird, etc. 
I have seen those too. One was for a smashed up beyond recognition car that looked like it had been sitting there for years, and it said "would make a great restoration project" and the asking price was $6,500.
 :o

Unofficial LG Discord

xelareverse

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Worst 1-star amazon reviews? « Reply #4 on: May 14, 2016, 11:45:26 PM » Author: xelareverse
There was a laser simulator app, and people gave it bad reviews because it didn't shoot a laser out of their phone.
themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

themaritimegirl themaritimegirl themaritimegirl
Re: Worst 1-star amazon reviews? « Reply #5 on: June 23, 2016, 01:23:32 AM » Author: themaritimegirl
I've seen a number of one-star reviews from people who didn't even try the product. They'll say something like "I didn't buy this but it looks great" or "haven't tried it yet" and rate it one star.

Electrical Engineering Graduate
YouTube | Twitter | Instagram

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Worst 1-star amazon reviews? « Reply #6 on: June 23, 2016, 09:22:40 AM » Author: wattMaster
Then why would they give one star?

SLS! (Stop LED Streetlights!)

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Worst 1-star amazon reviews? « Reply #7 on: June 23, 2016, 03:47:20 PM » Author: Lumex120
I've seen a number of one-star reviews from people who didn't even try the product. They'll say something like "I didn't buy this but it looks great" or "haven't tried it yet" and rate it one star.
I have seen this too. They say they haven't even tried the product and they say it is horrible and rate it one star. I think that they might be getting paid to do this on competitor's products.

Unofficial LG Discord

themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

Re: Worst 1-star amazon reviews? « Reply #8 on: June 23, 2016, 11:48:18 PM » Author: themaritimegirl
I literally just read a one-star review for an alarm clock - they said it was because they plugged it in and it showed the wrong time. They didn't try SETTING THE TIME.

Somebody stop this planet - I want to get off.

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Worst 1-star amazon reviews? « Reply #9 on: June 24, 2016, 07:57:00 AM » Author: Lumex120
I literally just read a one-star review for an alarm clock - they said it was because they plugged it in and it showed the wrong time. They didn't try SETTING THE TIME.

Somebody stop this planet - I want to get off.

??? ??? ???
What is wrong with people these days? Would you mind posting it here?

Unofficial LG Discord

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Worst 1-star amazon reviews? « Reply #10 on: June 24, 2016, 08:50:25 AM » Author: wattMaster
Was the alarm clock a LF radio controlled clock? Then it would make some more sense.

themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

Re: Worst 1-star amazon reviews? « Reply #11 on: June 24, 2016, 05:00:50 PM » Author: themaritimegirl
No, but to be fair, it was a clock which shipped with a back-up battery pre-installed and automatically set to the right time - all you had to do was set your time zone. But setting the time manually is literally as simple as any other alarm clock. I've attached a picture.

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Worst 1-star amazon reviews? « Reply #12 on: June 24, 2016, 05:14:50 PM » Author: wattMaster
No, but to be fair, it was a clock which shipped with a back-up battery pre-installed and automatically set to the right time - all you had to do was set your time zone. But setting the time manually is literally as simple as any other alarm clock. I've attached a picture.
So silly.

HPS Lover
Re: Worst 1-star amazon reviews? « Reply #13 on: July 04, 2016, 03:54:14 PM » Author: HPS Lover
Okay, NOW, THIS ONE TAKES THE CAKE!!!  It is actually lighting related (from Amazon), and in my mind is NOTHING short of HILARIOUS.  This review just goes to show how incompetent some people really are when it comes to lighting, sadly sometimes more so than one might imagine.  Here is the review.  It is for a 100W mercury vapor bulb, which someone gave a horrible review due to their own stupidity!.  I bolded the review so it is easier to identify.

"My daughter has a light fixture in front of her home that had a 175W mercury vapor bulb. I thought I'd save her money and get a 100 Watt bulb instead.

BIG MISTAKE, at least with these bulbs. I suppose I could have sent them back with a complaint and request another, but I figured, "less than $10 and not worth the time and freight to send it back." I bought another.

I bought my first bulb on Amazon on February 5. I bought the second on March 20. This is May 25th. In each case, perhaps a couple weeks elapsed between the time I bought the bulb and it was installed.

THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR SUCH A JUNK PRODUCT BEING LISTED ON AMAZON!!! ECONOMICS OF REPLACEMENT DON'T JUSTIFY PAYING $10 FOR A BULB THE SHOULD WORK 10 YEARS INSTEAD OF 30-60 DAYS!!!

This product is more of a hoax.

Save your money.

I can't understand how anyone can review a bulb and give it five stars and not have used it for years.

Just fitting a socket is not a review-able feature, the bulb wouldn't work if it didn't.

C'mon Amazon, junk this product."

Link to product: https://www.amazon.com/Sunlite-MV100-DX-MOG-100-Watt/dp/B0036Z3DLE/ref=cm_rdp_product

I still can't stop mentally (and sometimes truly), laughing whenever I read this review!
wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Worst 1-star amazon reviews? « Reply #14 on: July 04, 2016, 04:01:02 PM » Author: wattMaster
At least someone told them about it.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies