Author Topic: Oddly satisfying things  (Read 65356 times)
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #195 on: July 29, 2018, 06:42:50 AM » Author: suzukir122
@F96T12 DD VHO, I think I understand what you mean with driving (or biking) and seeing the HPS lamps and blue/purple sky.
But I definitely understand and agree with the constant re-appearing shadow. With me though, it's especially satisfying (and cool)
when seeing the shadow from the lights constantly appear when driving and definitely when biking. Like in HPS lit tunnels, or
anything like that.
I also understand and agree with seeing the dimmer image of a very bright arc tube... especially with cool ways of doing it,
like with what you described with the magnifying glass. I think I've done stuff like that before as well.

Another satisfying thing to me:
-HPS lit sky... the sky being illuminated by the HPS light reflecting off the ground during the night, then ricocheting off the clouds.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #196 on: July 29, 2018, 11:32:56 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
The smell drifting through from the kitchen as the banananana bread bakes.  :)

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #197 on: August 01, 2018, 06:17:19 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Taking the washing in minutes before it starts to pour down with rain.  :)

Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #198 on: August 06, 2018, 10:40:58 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
When a catses comes up and says hello.  ;D

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #199 on: August 06, 2018, 10:41:48 AM » Author: Rommie
When a catses comes up and says hello.  ;D
And lets you pick them up for a stroke and a cuddle  ;D

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #200 on: August 06, 2018, 03:23:33 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Having a catses turn on their purring engine for you.  ;D

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #201 on: August 06, 2018, 08:19:17 PM » Author: CEB1993
Getting the oil changed in my car.  I love the feeling of driving on the highway, and imagining the fresh synthetic oil cycling through the engine and being good to go for another 5000 miles!  ;)  I also like getting a clean bill of health from the mechanic, too.  Today's first trip to the garage with my new Subaru Legacy revealed perfect hoses, belts, air filter, and coolant.  Had the oil replaced, all the lights checked, and heard that the tires had plenty of life left too.

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #202 on: August 07, 2018, 12:54:00 AM » Author: ace100w120v
Slamming the doors of old army trucks.  We jokingly compared it to a wineglass shattering, in terms of the sound.
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #203 on: August 07, 2018, 09:35:16 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Getting a formula on a spreadsheet to do what you want it to do.

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

https://www.facebook.com/ Unreleasedwav UC2Uv7t9KgigOoT6blff2t3w i.d._official
Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #204 on: August 08, 2018, 01:13:01 PM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
When you see a bright light source and it is the only source lit (lets say it's a 250W HPS) and is placed dead center in a room that is the size of a large factory. Nothing blocking it, and the walls are grey but the ceiling is painted white. Basically the room is empty and windowless and even on all sides except the ceiling
You turn on the source of light and wait for it to fully warm up, once it's fully warmed up, you get about one foot away from it facing away from the arc tube. Then you walk closer to one wall watching your shadow become more sharp and crisp, as well as stretched.
When you reached the wall you can still see your shadow is very sharp and relative to your height. You turn around facing the light and lets say you're wearing a white shirt and you can still see that your shirt is illuminated with the orange light

Long story short, It is very satisfying to see how far the light goes until your shirt isn't the color of the light or until your shadow becomes hard to see. This just doesn't go just to HPS, it really goes to any source of light including the sun

Music Producer/Light Enthusiast

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #205 on: August 08, 2018, 01:15:57 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Learning how to play a simple tune on the mandolin.

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #206 on: August 08, 2018, 01:16:58 PM » Author: Rommie
Learning how to play a simple tune on the mandolin.
Watching you enjoying yourself doing it  :) :-*

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #207 on: August 09, 2018, 07:33:44 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Knowing that the one you love is never more than an arm's length away.  :-*

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #208 on: August 09, 2018, 11:15:40 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Taking things apart with the help of 'Mr Smashy'  :D

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #209 on: August 09, 2018, 11:18:22 AM » Author: Rommie
Taking things apart with the help of 'Mr Smashy'  :D
The snag with this of course, is easy reassembly becomes somewhat difficult  :-\ :D

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies