Author Topic: What did you do today lighting wise?  (Read 254311 times)
thelightingman

View Posts
View Gallery
All lighting except LED rules!

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1110 on: March 19, 2022, 12:36:51 AM » Author: thelightingman
Yesterday, I converted my 50 watt HPS yardblaster I had made from a CFL yardblaster to 100 watt MV. I now have an MV fixture again! Still trying to source a ballast for my R175M... I also converted my 150 watt HPS yardblaster to 50 watt HPS until I get a 150 watt HPS lamp. Today, I shockingly discovered that the ballast wires had become exposed right where they come out of the ballast on my vintage F40T12 fixture. The shock didn't hurt much though thank god. And at the same time the cap failed in it. So I now have to fix the ballast in it so for now, the light is getting 2 1970's vintage rapid start ballasts installed in it.

I think HPS, MV, and MH rule! :mv: :mvc: :hps: :emh: Ban LED instead! :eoled:

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1111 on: March 19, 2022, 12:48:40 AM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
Tested the Philips 200w HPS lamp I got today and it works. When I tried it in the light the first time it didn't light up... turns out I didn't even screw it in all the way. :lol: Luckily it didn't arc in the socket.
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1112 on: March 19, 2022, 12:51:58 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
I accidentally smashed a very special fluorescent tube and will likely never find another one
It was my pink F40T10 Japanese tube :'( :'(

I hope your new tube arrives safely.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich, Coaster junkie!

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1113 on: March 19, 2022, 10:08:58 AM » Author: AngryHorse
Dug out my dusty box of electronic CFLs!  8), then started to reminisce just how cool these things actually were!
Yes it doesn’t seem 10 minutes since they were the main energy efficient choice for lighting in our homes, and it’s quite scary how fast they disappeared from lighting shelves with the onset of LED!
I’ve actually, this morning, dotted a few around the house again for nostalgia!, (who ever would have thought the CFL would become nostalgic for lighting)!
I’ve still got some of Osrams 20 watt Longlife with zero hours on them in another box!

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

Welcome to OBLIVION

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1114 on: March 23, 2022, 08:40:04 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Replaced a dead incandescent floodlight lamp.

-------------
Also (at this point indirectly light related) started deciding what lights will be used in my Human Achievement Hour 2022 display this saturday.
(and started doing preliminary parts of the video that'll go along with it...)

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

RandomCatPerson

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1115 on: March 27, 2022, 09:57:42 PM » Author: RandomCatPerson
Can't say it's what I specifically did today because I've been working on this for the past few days but I am trying to acquire my favorite light fixture ever made. When I hopefully get it I will post pics.

See me on youtube at Random Cat Person for more content.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYq1jSBuQvMObtCuglqB_6g/videos

Westinghouse is King

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1116 on: March 27, 2022, 11:27:35 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Nothing today, but did do my 'Human Achievement Hour'  setup & vid last night. .lol.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1117 on: March 27, 2022, 11:36:32 PM » Author: joseph_125
I forgot that was still a thing lol. Didn't really do much today. Although I did light a 175w cleartop MV in the morning.
108CAM

View Posts
View Gallery

Diehard MV, HPS, SOX & Preheat Fluorescent Fanatic

UCG6Xojn8dNgDuN9J7_Gnj8w
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1118 on: March 28, 2022, 06:16:25 PM » Author: 108CAM
I did a few things today. I did my first meetup with another lighting enthusiast and got to see their collection and a fitting I didn't think I'd see IRL due to its rarity, a Sylvania B2227. I also got some more streetlights (A B2224 & Urban) to add to my collection and best of all, I finally got a top for my AJ Ferguson Zodiac but it gets even better because I got a second Zodiac that's almost complete as it only needs new lampholders and a retaining clip for the gear tray!
I tested the B2224 and was greeted with the sight of a fireworks display from the ballast and the smell of burning electronics. I also ended up tripping the circuit breaker for the upstairs part of the house and annoying the rest of my family when they were left in the dark. I ended up bypassing the now burnt out ballast and putting a 100w self ballasted MV bulb in the fixture. 

Fluro starter pings combined with a 50hz ballast hum and blinking tubes is music to my ears.

Rest in Peace Electronic Lamp Manufacturers of Australia
1925-2002

Bring back the AJF Zodiacs!

Total incidents since joining LG: 17
Lamps accidently broken or smashed: 14
Ballast explosions/burnouts: 3

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1119 on: March 28, 2022, 06:55:34 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Been working on fixing up some newly arrived Westy 2 lamp F40T12 preheaters with fluted milk glass diffusers.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

108CAM

View Posts
View Gallery

UCG6Xojn8dNgDuN9J7_Gnj8w
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1120 on: March 30, 2022, 06:50:07 PM » Author: 108CAM
I mounted my B2224 onto my fake wall

Fluro starter pings combined with a 50hz ballast hum and blinking tubes is music to my ears.

1925-2002

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1121 on: March 30, 2022, 07:58:49 PM » Author: joseph_125
Received, lit up, and photographed this lamp today.
108CAM

View Posts
View Gallery

UCG6Xojn8dNgDuN9J7_Gnj8w
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1122 on: March 31, 2022, 12:12:59 AM » Author: 108CAM
I received a replacement ballast for my 50w MV Sylvania B2222 only to find that both of my 50w MV bulbs don't work. I have also been working on restoring and reviving light fixtures and mounting them on my fake wall. The most recent additions are a B2224 and a F15T8 fluorescent light. Photos coming soon!

1925-2002

RandomCatPerson

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1123 on: April 03, 2022, 08:23:12 AM » Author: RandomCatPerson
Well yesterday I made the trip to Detroit to meet up with another COLLECTOR and got some arms and my favorite street light.

See me on youtube at Random Cat Person for more content.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYq1jSBuQvMObtCuglqB_6g/videos

Westinghouse is King

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1124 on: April 05, 2022, 12:39:45 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
Yesterday..
Took a pair of 2xF40 LPF RS ballasts & did a little 'test' out on the patio....
Connected them in parallel & turned on to see what'd happen. Seemed to work fine, even let it run for a few hours, didn't blow up or smoke or anything.
Makes for a nice bright LPF light. .lol.

Today..
Took some bulbs out to the backyard & buried them in the ground...
...oh wait, those were flower bulbs not lightbulbs! .lol.lol.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies