Author Topic: What did you do today lighting wise?  (Read 125503 times)
Bean

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1110 on: November 26, 2021, 06:14:50 PM » Author: Bean
aciidentally bought 850 cfl's instead of 827, if my mom doesn't approve they have to be returned  :(
Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Nesquick is Fuel

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1111 on: December 09, 2021, 02:27:59 AM » Author: Econolite03
Today, I have expanded my collection into low pressure sodium lamps. Since I’ve started collecting light bulbs in 2011, I never thought ten years ago that I’d be into SOX, but also street lights amongst others. I also stored away my HID collection as I plan on setting up a work desk for college.

Certified GE M-400 Enthusiast

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1112 on: December 09, 2021, 05:59:43 AM » Author: Rommie
Good to hear, what lamp(s) do you have..?  8;) :lps:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
It'll be all right in the end, and if it isn't all right, it isn't the end :love:

Administrator, UK and European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch
:love:

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1113 on: December 16, 2021, 11:11:49 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Rewired the light in my little brother’s room, thing had a wire come loose and I had to g fix it. Got a pleasant surprise when inside the pancake box had two wood screws drilled into the box to support the light, shame not a lot of folks take pride in their work. :curse: Rewired the whole box and light with wagos, worked a great afterwards. Shows how a little extra effort makes less needed later on. :)

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1114 on: December 17, 2021, 01:07:00 PM » Author: Rommie
Wired up and lit a wonderful little Philips Goldeye 18W SOX wallpack, many thanks to joseph_125 for sending it to us   8;) :lps:

Photos tomorrow, once we've got everything sorted out properly  ;D

It'll be all right in the end, and if it isn't all right, it isn't the end :love:

Administrator, UK and European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

The Christmas Lights Are On, But Is Anybody Home..

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1115 on: December 17, 2021, 10:13:07 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Last lighting thing I did:

I have an old 2'x2' troffer that years ago I upgraded from 2x 40w u-tubes to 3x 2-foot standard linear lamps (& electronic ballast)
(I sometimes use said fixture as part of my Christmas display. It always had dim spots between the lamps)
Last weekend, I added a 2nd ballast & 3 more 2-foot lamps.
(much better. .lol. )

Forget the lights..just give me a good lightning storm & tornado to go watch...

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

The Christmas Lights Are On, But Is Anybody Home..

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1116 on: December 17, 2021, 10:30:50 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Thought of one other little thing..
Had to fix some strings of lights yesterday after the windstorm on Wed.

Forget the lights..just give me a good lightning storm & tornado to go watch...

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Nesquick is Fuel

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1117 on: December 17, 2021, 10:35:10 PM » Author: Econolite03
Lit up a 135W SOX lamp off a Fulham Workhorse 7, my room looks like the twilight zone.
 :sox35:

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1118 on: December 18, 2021, 05:38:00 AM » Author: Rommie
Glad you got it litted, it's a beast, isn't it ;D  Wait until you get a 180W one  :lps: :o

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Nesquick is Fuel

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1119 on: December 18, 2021, 12:17:14 PM » Author: Econolite03
Ohh It’s on my to-do list, someday.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1120 on: December 18, 2021, 12:18:08 PM » Author: Rommie
Yeah..! You need a proper lampholder though.

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Nesquick is Fuel

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1121 on: December 18, 2021, 12:37:19 PM » Author: Econolite03
Yeah I need to get that first, it’s on my list too.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1122 on: December 18, 2021, 12:51:17 PM » Author: Rommie
Like I said, PM me. I've got loads of them.

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1123 on: December 20, 2021, 12:54:56 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
12/19/21 : I went on a 150 mile road trip to buy a Unistyle 400 cobra head from Facebook Marketplace. On the way home , I stopped at 3 different antique malls and got some photos of some really interesting and rare lighting items including a antique chandelier with 5 GE Mazda globe lamps in it and even a Revere Cat-Eye flood sans ballast housing .
« Last Edit: December 24, 2021, 01:35:19 AM by wide-lite 1000 » Logged

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Bodger extraordinaire - When in doubt, bodge.!

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1124 on: December 20, 2021, 11:00:37 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
We took delivery of 2 candle shaped fireglow lampses.  :bulbman:

Piccies to follow.

And here they are.  :bulbman:
« Last Edit: December 20, 2021, 12:59:18 PM by Mandolin Girl » Logged

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber (1894 - 1961)

Print 
© 2005-2022 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies