Author Topic: What did you do today lighting wise?  (Read 249758 times)
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1125 on: April 05, 2022, 12:41:22 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Maybe you can grow some HPS flowers !  :lol:

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

108CAM

View Posts
View Gallery

Diehard MV, HPS, SOX & Preheat Fluorescent Fanatic

UCG6Xojn8dNgDuN9J7_Gnj8w
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1126 on: April 08, 2022, 12:00:43 AM » Author: 108CAM
This was over the past few days
I finished a big cleanup of my lighting collection and revived 2 trash-picked Rymer Lighting F36T8 fixtures and hung them in my room so I had more light due to 2 of the 4 LED downlights being  :eoled:. I also found and ordered some new HPM 382 sockets for my second AJ Ferguson Zodiac so I can have 2 fully functional Zodiacs.

Fluro starter pings combined with a 50hz ballast hum and blinking tubes is music to my ears.

Rest in Peace Electronic Lamp Manufacturers of Australia
1925-2002

Bring back the AJF Zodiacs!

Total incidents since joining LG: 17
Lamps accidently broken or smashed: 14
Ballast explosions/burnouts: 3

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1127 on: April 23, 2022, 06:52:57 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Well the home LED conversion resumed at my dads house, we replaced 2 60w Equivalent 2700K GE LEDs with 75w Equivalent 5000K GE bulbs because these were requested for the ceiling fans. Also the back porch light was changed out too for a Lithonia floodlight.

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1128 on: April 23, 2022, 11:05:07 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Today I finished cleaning the 2 Unidoor 250's I got . They were YUCKY !!!  :sick:  One was completely full of a giant bird's nest ! So far , I've only tested on as the other's still not completely dry . Both lamps are use but do work . Both are GE ED-28 /DX's one is pre-'80 and the other is post '80 .

thelightingman

View Posts
View Gallery
All lighting except LED rules!

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1129 on: April 23, 2022, 11:08:40 PM » Author: thelightingman
Today I bought a brand new 50 watt HPS flood light from my local ReStore for only $10. It was made in July 1998 and came in it's original box with the OEM Philips 50 watt HPS lamp  :hps:
The fixture is branded under the NCI Products brand but from what I could tell by the markings on the ignitor it was probably made by Regent. But hey, it was made in the USA  :bulbman:
« Last Edit: April 23, 2022, 11:11:18 PM by thelightingman » Logged

I think HPS, MV, and MH rule! :mv: :mvc: :hps: :emh: Ban LED instead! :eoled:

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1130 on: April 24, 2022, 12:42:55 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Today I finished cleaning the 2 Unidoor 250's I got . They were YUCKY !!!  :sick:  One was completely full of a giant bird's nest ! So far , I've only tested on as the other's still not completely dry . Both lamps are use but do work . Both are GE ED-28 /DX's one is pre-'80 and the other is post '80 .

Tim, was that a giant, birds nest, or the nest of a giant bird.??  :poof:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

108CAM

View Posts
View Gallery

Diehard MV, HPS, SOX & Preheat Fluorescent Fanatic

UCG6Xojn8dNgDuN9J7_Gnj8w
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1131 on: April 24, 2022, 08:14:49 PM » Author: 108CAM
This was over the last few days but I like to combine multiple days into one post to avoid cluttering up the topic. Here's what I did over the past week.
I revived a 50w MV bulb that I thought was dead
Converted my B2224 back to 80w MV with a new ballast I got for free
Picked up some more items for my collection
And lastly, I cleaned up my work area - again

Fluro starter pings combined with a 50hz ballast hum and blinking tubes is music to my ears.

Rest in Peace Electronic Lamp Manufacturers of Australia
1925-2002

Bring back the AJF Zodiacs!

Total incidents since joining LG: 17
Lamps accidently broken or smashed: 14
Ballast explosions/burnouts: 3

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1132 on: May 06, 2022, 07:33:40 PM » Author: Lumex120
I got a GE Halarc of my own after like 7 years of being absolutely fascinated by them.

Unofficial LG Discord

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1133 on: May 07, 2022, 04:38:43 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Tim, was that a giant, birds nest, or the nest of a giant bird.??  :poof:

Well , the feathers were normal sized so I'd say it was more of a condo for several birds !

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1134 on: May 07, 2022, 07:49:31 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Isn't punctuation a wonderful thing.? :mrg:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1135 on: May 09, 2022, 07:46:43 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
I know that my punctuation sucks ! My English teachers hated me !!

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1136 on: May 09, 2022, 09:01:28 AM » Author: Rommie
I was lucky at school, English was my best subject. I sucked at maths, though  :mrg:

My pet hate is the aberrant apostrophe, where people either put them in where they aren't needed, or don't put them in where they should. A prime example is where the meaning is completely altered depending on whether there is an apostrophe present or not, as with  its  or it's  - the former is a possessive meaning 'belonging to it', whereas the latter is a contraction for 'it is'.

It's often called the Greengrocer's Apostrophe here, where they advertise apple's or potato's  :poof: :curse:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1137 on: May 09, 2022, 09:51:13 AM » Author: Econolite03
Were you guys treated like the students in one of Pink Floyd’s music videos?
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1138 on: May 09, 2022, 10:24:03 AM » Author: Rommie
I have no idea what you mean by that, I was never a fan of Pink Floyd and I haven't seen any of their videos. Although if you're referring to us, we're girls not guys, ok..?   ;)  :mrg:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1139 on: May 09, 2022, 12:36:12 PM » Author: Econolite03
How about dudes?
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies