Author Topic: What did you do today lighting wise?  (Read 255003 times)
xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #345 on: September 22, 2019, 05:14:59 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Yesterday...
Put up some Christmas lights...so as planned I started a couple weeks earlier than I normally would.
Also did some more testing with light controllers mentioned in an earlier post, and was able to get some activity out of them..

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #346 on: September 23, 2019, 12:20:51 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: GE101R
It's still 95 degrees here.
I don't believe I'd even beable to think about the Christmas lights if it was that hot here (plus there's no way you could crawl around on the roof) .LOL. it was around 70, in the afternoon when I was at a local park, it cooled off & felt quite fall-ish.

------------
Today, the next group of lights was prepared (but won't be going up til Friday at the earliest, but more likely Sunday. There's a lights meetup on Saturday that I'll probably go to...)

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #347 on: September 23, 2019, 12:40:50 PM » Author: suzukir122
Slight off topic... speaking of meet ups... it'd be so awesome if a lighting meet up took place near or
around Dayton Ohio. I've been hoping for one for years, with getting to see the faces behind the names
here on Lighting Gallery. Been on this site for over 9 years now.

Back on subject... currently still looking for self ballasted CMH Par38's on Ebay. I've found plenty of interesting
ones, including from GE.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #348 on: September 26, 2019, 11:55:22 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
Worked on a Pendant fixture in one of my chapels.  3 fixtures per pole.  3 36 watt PL tubes per fixture.  2 year old Philips ballast failure.  Replaced with a Sylvania/Osram ballast. 

CFL can lights way up high, 2 32 watt CFL tubes per can, will need a 40 ft ladder.  maybe.  We might just let them all burn out first.  When this building was built in 2001, They didn't think things out very well.  They installed about 9 Fluorescent fixtures up at the top as well, however- with a ladder, we can only service 3 of them.  The other 6 have gone EoL, no way to balance a ladder up there without removing all of the bolted down chairs.  so maybe someday down the road when the carpet gets replaced and the chairs are removed for that, and if I am still around, I'll install LED strips up there and hope they last. 

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #349 on: September 26, 2019, 11:56:25 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
more

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #350 on: September 27, 2019, 12:34:40 AM » Author: suzukir122
Annnnddddd... more Advance Centium ballast failures. lol! I thought about purchasing another Philips Advance F40T12 R.S electronic
ballast recently, but looks like that's not going to happen. The one I had served me well before I installed it into a friends
light fixture, but seeing how these ballasts have failed within a short time frame has completely changed my mind.
Especially those Instant Start centium ballasts.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #351 on: September 28, 2019, 08:24:51 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Slight off topic... speaking of meet ups... it'd be so awesome if a lighting meet up took place near or
around Dayton Ohio. I've been hoping for one for years, with getting to see the faces behind the names
here on Lighting Gallery. Been on this site for over 9 years now.

I don't see how meeting up with fellow lighting nutters enthusiasts to talk about lights can be thought about as off topic.!  :D

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #352 on: September 29, 2019, 11:12:26 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
Yesterday..
Went to a lights meetup in the morning.
Put up some Christmas lights in the afternoon.

No plans for anything light-related today.

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #353 on: October 01, 2019, 12:23:37 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
Yesterday..
Picked up a 'Raspberry Pi Zero WH', eventually plan to install 'LightShow Pi' software on it & connect to a SSR board, then it can flash lights to music...or maybe if it supports it I'll go with a P-10 panel & have it display a graph of the music.

Not light related, but in the evening I installed 'Pi-Hole'  on a Raspberry Pi 3a that I already had.
Don't have it ready to go yet, but when I do that one'll be going on my network .lol.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #354 on: October 04, 2019, 12:24:51 PM » Author: Rommie
Finally got the right ballast to light our baby 18W SOX lamp  ;D 8)

Photos to come later  :)

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #355 on: October 10, 2019, 04:33:45 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Two things, we took delivery of our new 135W SOX lamp which will be our Lamp of the Day   8)

Also we have used the contacts out a regular 2 pin BC holder to repair a B22d-3 one.  :)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 05:11:44 PM by Mandolin Girl » Logged

Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #356 on: October 11, 2019, 05:09:03 PM » Author: Rommie
Built up the ballast board for our 18W mini SOX lamp 8)

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #357 on: October 12, 2019, 05:35:58 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
We cut the broken photocell open so that Ria could solder a jumper wire in to bypass it.  8)

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #358 on: October 12, 2019, 05:51:39 PM » Author: Rommie
We cut the broken photocell open so that Ria could solder a jumper wire in to bypass it. 8)
Another bodge, we're good at those  :D
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 05:56:37 PM by sox35 » Logged

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #359 on: October 14, 2019, 08:53:08 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
My mother had a table-lamp that the socket got got broken on. I gave it a new socket today. :)

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies