Author Topic: What did you do today lighting wise?  (Read 254392 times)
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #495 on: April 05, 2020, 07:47:34 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
I unloaded the 8 cobra heads I got yesterday from member LightDragon . Thanks Ben !!! :bulbman:

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #496 on: April 05, 2020, 09:10:14 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Tested (and gave a cleaning to) the AEL 115 I'd had sitting in a closet since 2018.
It'll now go to the attic for storage.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #497 on: April 07, 2020, 02:40:23 PM » Author: Rommie
Yesterday, Sammi managed to glue together most of the bits of the mogul 3-way lampholder we received after it had been shattered in transit (totally useless packing by the seller  :curse:) and today I wired it up so we can test the 3-way red neck lamps on our Variac. It was a bit awkward to do, but between us we fixed it  ;D :inc:

It's not a perfect solution, but it will do for testing the lamps until we get a replacement lampholder.

Photos later  8)

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #498 on: April 11, 2020, 01:15:32 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Yesterday, Sammi managed to glue together most of the bits of the mogul 3-way lampholder we received after it had been shattered in transit (totally useless packing by the seller  :curse:) and today I wired it up so we can test the 3-way red neck lamps on our Variac. It was a bit awkward to do, but between us we fixed it  ;D :inc:

It's not a perfect solution, but it will do for testing the lamps until we get a replacement lampholder.

Photos later
 8)
And here it is.  :inc:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #499 on: April 11, 2020, 09:08:11 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Not today, but earlier this week..
I have a set of those old 12v garden lights out in the yard...its been unplugged ever since 2016 when one of the lights in the frontyard got run over by someone. (didn't realize it'd been that long!)
I made some repairs, starting with the light in frontyard (surprisingly not broken, just knocked apart & wires pulled out). I moved 2 other lights in the front.
In the backyard there was a damaged wire, another wire connection pulled apart, & a light that'd been removed from its spot & taken apart while doing some yard upgrades. All of those got fixed.
There were also a few dead bulbs. Multiple of the lights also got converted to LED as part of the repairs & upgrades.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #500 on: April 12, 2020, 12:27:20 PM » Author: Lumex120
I improved my backyard M250R2 installation. Before it was only about 7 feet high and mounted on a saggy yardblaster arm. Now I increased the height by about 4 feet by adding a new section of post on top of the old one and reinforcing the yardblaster arm. Now it doesn't sag and it lights the whole yard. I also came to the realization that when installed like this, 50w mercury vapor really isn't that bright. Pictures will be coming soon.

Unofficial LG Discord

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #501 on: April 15, 2020, 10:11:07 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
Today I replaced a Feit 15w 5000K LED filament lamp that turned into a flashing light show... Only lasted about a little more than a year. Replaced it with a 75w incandescent. It's only temporary unfortunately, it's my dad's room and he wants LED and it'll be gone by tomorrow when my dad gets a new LED lamp for the light. The lamp is mine, though so it will go back into my collection.
takemorepills

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #502 on: April 15, 2020, 10:12:27 PM » Author: takemorepills
Ordered a 55W SOX lamp. Cause everyone needs more SOX
xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #503 on: April 15, 2020, 10:18:31 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
One of my aquarium lights wasn't working. Took it apart to try & figure out why (lamp was fine). Turns out it was the starter...just simply .dead.

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #504 on: April 16, 2020, 12:09:56 PM » Author: Lumex120
Today I replaced a Feit 15w 5000K LED filament lamp that turned into a flashing light show... Only lasted about a little more than a year. Replaced it with a 75w incandescent. It's only temporary unfortunately, it's my dad's room and he wants LED and it'll be gone by tomorrow when my dad gets a new LED lamp for the light. The lamp is mine, though so it will go back into my collection.
I really like those Feit LED filament lamps but I really don't like how hit or miss their lifespan seems to be.

Unofficial LG Discord

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #505 on: April 16, 2020, 01:34:56 PM » Author: Rommie
Can't have too many :lps: :lps: :lps: :lps: :lps: :lps: :lps: :lps: :lps: :lps:

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #506 on: April 16, 2020, 06:19:10 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Took down a homebuilt LED 'fixture' & a homebuilt  fluorescent 'fixture' plus multiple sets of Christmas lights in my bedroom (allot of that stuff had been there for atleast a decade..some of it probably close to 2 :lol: )

LampLover

View Posts
View Gallery
120/240VAC @ 60HZ

GoL PeterYachymczyk UCYBAif_ag4v8nIcCU3VAmag
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #507 on: April 17, 2020, 06:40:44 PM » Author: LampLover

This true I am always running low on SOX as my dryer seems to eat most of them. Oops not that kind of SOCKS SOX the Low Pressure Sodium lamp. I would love to get one of those. In Connecticut the Merit Parkway (AKA Route 15) has a tunnel in the New Haven area and that tunnel is lit entirely with SOX/LPS lamps they look pretty long so I think they are of the 180W variety. However they are not very well maintained these days with quite a few out and dim & burning a neon red color.

Anyway what I did today lighting wise I found a vintage recessed fluorescent fixture that was in the bulk scrap metal area in the apartment complex where I live. I opened it up and as I expected the original rapid start ballast was replaced for a POS Advance instant start for the cheap Philips LED "tubes" that were installed just 6 months prior to the fixtures being scrapped. They were replaced by LED fixtures with unserviceable/obtainable parts.

I will post pictures later when I get a chance

LED Free Zone!
All For HID, magnetic rapid-start Preheat & old-school electronic Only (no instant start F17T8 & F32T8 allowed)

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #508 on: April 18, 2020, 08:59:09 AM » Author: Rommie
This true I am always running low on SOX as my dryer seems to eat most of them.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

LampLover

View Posts
View Gallery
120/240VAC @ 60HZ

GoL PeterYachymczyk UCYBAif_ag4v8nIcCU3VAmag
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #509 on: April 19, 2020, 04:14:47 PM » Author: LampLover
This true I am always running low on SOX as my dryer seems to eat most of them. Oops not that kind of SOCKS SOX the Low Pressure Sodium lamp. I would love to get one of those. In Connecticut the Merit Parkway (AKA Route 15) has a tunnel in the New Haven area and that tunnel is lit entirely with SOX/LPS lamps they look pretty long so I think they are of the 180W variety. However they are not very well maintained these days with quite a few out and dim & burning a neon red color.

Anyway what I did today lighting wise I found a vintage recessed fluorescent fixture that was in the bulk scrap metal area in the apartment complex where I live. I opened it up and as I expected the original rapid start ballast was replaced for a POS Advance instant start for the cheap Philips LED "tubes" that were installed just 6 months prior to the fixtures being scrapped. They were replaced by LED fixtures with unserviceable/obtainable parts.

I will post pictures later when I get a chance

OK Pictures Posted
also I think the New Haven area Merit Parkway (Route 15) fixtures are not being maintained is because sometime ago I found out there is a project in the works to replace that tunnel (which is very much needed as the roof is starting to collapse) so traffic will be re routed to a temporary detour and I assume the new tunnel will be lit with LED fixtures. Of course all of this is now on hold due the COVID-19 thing

LED Free Zone!
All For HID, magnetic rapid-start Preheat & old-school electronic Only (no instant start F17T8 & F32T8 allowed)

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies