Author Topic: What did you do today lighting wise?  (Read 61176 times)
fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Westinghouse OV-25s at sunset.

UCi55A3hASj7xOZ1eTRO1Jvg
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #495 on: July 02, 2020, 02:44:27 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
Put an incandescent in Wink Tongue

But I'm the one who doesn't pay for the bills so... Which means if I do install an incandescent, I will get a  Slap from my parents. LOL

Here in California, electricity is expensive so that's why I installed another LED.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 02:47:31 PM by fluorescent lover 40 » Logged

Good quality things are awesome. Cheaply made things are not.

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery

220V AC 50Hz, 525@29,970i NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #496 on: July 02, 2020, 02:47:05 PM » Author: Binarix128
But I'm the one who doesn't pay for the bills so... Which means if I do, I will get a  Slap from my parents. LOL

Here in California, electricity is expensive so that's why I installed another LED.
If that's the case, put a halogen or a CFL, but CFLs looks ugly in some lamps.  Grin

LED will never beat other lamps. Incandescent Lamp High Pressure Sodium Mercury Vapor Lamp
Color changing lamp Creator of CaptureCommons Color changing lamp

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Westinghouse OV-25s at sunset.

UCi55A3hASj7xOZ1eTRO1Jvg
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #497 on: July 02, 2020, 02:50:21 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
There were CFLs in the light previously (light has covers so our eyes don't hurt from seeing the CFLs in there) but LED lamps were bought and installed in 2018.

Also halogen would be a big no as well. We still have one in use, but it's used rarely.

Good quality things are awesome. Cheaply made things are not.

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #498 on: July 02, 2020, 03:01:22 PM » Author: Binarix128
There were CFLs in the light previously (light has covers so our eyes don't hurt from seeing the CFLs in there) but LED lamps were bought and installed in 2018.

Also halogen would be a big no as well. We still have one in use, but it's used rarely.
Sadly your only option are L*Ds. I'll reccomend to you FSL and Great vaule L*D bulbs, have a good quality, and a decent lifespan. I put many halogen bulbs two moths ago, and still not slap from parents.  LOL

L*Ds may look cheap to operate, but when the L*D effects starts to appear in you the doctor will not be cheap. A clear example is the effect of the excessive blue light in your eyes.

LED will never beat other lamps. Incandescent Lamp High Pressure Sodium Mercury Vapor Lamp

sox35

View Posts
View Gallery

Mainly the electrical side of things

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #499 on: July 02, 2020, 03:09:19 PM » Author: sox35
But I'm the one who doesn't pay for the bills so... Which means if I do install an incandescent, I will get a  Slap from my parents. LOL

I'll be willing to bet it's not as expensive as it is here..! I do pay the bills here, and I still wouldn't touch L*D if I got the electricity for free  Sick

Ria in Aberdeen
It'll be all right in the end, and if it isn't all right, it isn't the end Love

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #500 on: July 02, 2020, 03:18:31 PM » Author: Binarix128
I'll be willing to bet it's not as expensive as it is here..! I do pay the bills here, and I still wouldn't touch L*D if I got the electricity for free  Sick
I'll also bet that yours is not expensive as here. Electricity company raise the price in summer and in witer, because pleople uses the electric heaters and the A/Cs.

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #501 on: July 02, 2020, 10:55:13 PM » Author: suzukir122
Just bought THREE Par38 Self Ballasted Metal Halides... GE 23 Watters. I've also just purchased a supposed heat resistant 3 in 1 socket splitter.
The goal is for me to try and use these in my ceiling fan in my bedroom. If those Par38's hang too low, I'll be installing them (with the socket
splitter) in the garage above my car and motorcycle temporarily.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

sox35

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #502 on: July 03, 2020, 04:44:02 AM » Author: sox35
I'll also bet that yours is not expensive as here. Electricity company raise the price in summer and in witer, because pleople uses the electric heaters and the A/Cs.
So what is your tariff..? Ours is 32.772p for the first 2kWh each day, 17.718p / kWh thereafter. Not sure what that is in your currency.

Ria in Aberdeen

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #503 on: July 03, 2020, 04:57:51 AM » Author: Medved
So what is your tariff..? Ours is 32.772p for the first 2kWh each day, 17.718p / kWh thereafter. Not sure what that is in your currency.

The question should be: How long has an average person work for that 1kWh?
It is quite a difference, if that is 15 seconds vs a few minutes...

No more selfballasted c***

sox35

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #504 on: July 03, 2020, 05:16:16 AM » Author: sox35
That wasn't the question I asked. If I wanted to know that, I would have asked that. I want to know how much my bill is going to be, not how long I have to work to get the money. Besides, I'm retired, so I don't work at all any more.

Ria in Aberdeen

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

zzz

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #505 on: July 03, 2020, 09:46:54 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
Yesterday..installed & wired up a pair of dimmable ballasts in an empty 2xF32 fixture.

Its All For The Christmas Lights...
And A Good Summer Thunderstorm!

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #506 on: July 03, 2020, 01:40:47 PM » Author: Binarix128
Our tariff is of about CLP$40.000, 50 dollars, or 40 pounds. That's expensive, because we have few appliaces, and we don't use A/Cs or electric heaters or stoves, our stoves runs on fluel. If we use electric heaters or A/Cs the price doubles.  Crazy eyes

sox35

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #507 on: July 03, 2020, 02:59:34 PM » Author: sox35
What does that price buy you..? Surely not just one kWh..?  Mind Blown

Ria in Aberdeen

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #508 on: July 03, 2020, 03:32:39 PM » Author: Binarix128
What does that price buy you..? Surely not just one kWh..?  Mind Blown
That's the price of a whole month bill, not just a single KWH.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 03:34:52 PM by Binarix128 » Logged

sox35

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #509 on: July 03, 2020, 03:35:56 PM » Author: sox35
That's actually quite good, here we are paying around 70 per month.

Ria in Aberdeen

Print 
© 2005-2020 Lighting-Gallery.net | Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines