Author Topic: What did you do today lighting wise?  (Read 254845 times)
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #525 on: May 17, 2020, 10:33:02 AM » Author: Rommie
Run the lamp off 2 50W chokes in parallel then I and V will be spot on.
50W MV or 50W HPS..? In any case I'd have to get some, don't have any 50W ballasts of any type spare  :-\

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

LightsDelight

View Posts
View Gallery

Fred Dirst is watching you

UCp-ouYxSgmqTWUY4RGWyAFg rollaman82
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #526 on: May 17, 2020, 10:34:04 AM » Author: LightsDelight
MV :mv:

Keep discharge lighting alive

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #527 on: May 17, 2020, 10:34:52 AM » Author: Rommie
Ok, I'll give that a try once I can get a couple of ballasts.

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #528 on: May 17, 2020, 03:42:04 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
It was a plumbing-related project, but doing it required getting into lights....

Yesterday I replaced a shut-off valve in the basement (opposite side of the room shown in this pic . Doing so required un-installing one of the lights & taking a couple others apart. (the reason the lights are where they are in that room is because pipes run along the same space, so it works out well).

The valve part was all done yesterday (a simple project really). But I left the lights overnight, then put everything back today.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

SodiumCapital

View Posts
View Gallery

HID FTW

UCfbWteal5F__jqxRlWqJ96g
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #529 on: May 22, 2020, 05:10:30 PM » Author: SodiumCapital
Today at my Home Depot where I work, I relamped a 4 ft T12 fixture on display and removed some dead T8s from a troffer display to prep them for relamping as well when we settle on how to get new tubes. We are gonna have to use product T12s and T8s from off the shelf since we don't have any spares put away for displays. These displays never really get serviced anymore. Another 3 fixtures do not have lamps in them and require them according to the bay's design. Including one 8 foot T12 strip light! I also bought a clearance value pack of 7W night light bulbs for a dollar and 3 cents for the house. And finally, relamped my brother's ceiling fan cause the LED lamp in it died a couple of days ago. I replaced it with a CREE 4000K lamp. The old lamp was a EcoTech 3000K that came with the ceiling fan. Lasted about a year and a half. The room looks better in 4000K light anyway!

Once we actually get to relamping the fixtures at work, I'll take before and after photos. Who knows when we can focus on it though. We have much bigger fish to fry atm.
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #530 on: May 23, 2020, 08:06:45 PM » Author: Rommie
Rewired my display board for 90W SOX lamps  :lps:

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #531 on: May 23, 2020, 08:24:02 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
I lit up one of my Philips-Westinghouse 70w HPS BT-25s. Not as much blue in the start-up as I had hoped but still cool.
High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #532 on: May 23, 2020, 10:52:15 PM » Author: High Intensity
Relamped a slimline fixture in my parent's garage that has been dead for as long as i can remember. It had a dead GE bulb from September of either '88 or '98, and a dead Philips bulb from January of '89. They moved in in 2000 so i'm willing to bet the fixture has never been relamped during our time here.
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #533 on: June 07, 2020, 02:46:22 PM » Author: Rommie
Rewired a display board for SO/H and SOI/H lamps using a Philips L4045 leak transformer ballast. This ballast is quite versatile as it will run pretty much anything that requires 0.6A, so that includes 35W & 55W SOX, also 36W SOX-E as well as the older 45W/60W/85W SO/H and SOI/H lamps. Photos later  :lps:

08/06/20 - Here is the finished board 8) :lps:
« Last Edit: June 08, 2020, 12:55:43 PM by sox35 » Logged

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #534 on: June 07, 2020, 03:19:22 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
I retired some lamps from use today. A Philips PL-S 13w/841 (Mexico - 1998), Regent F13TT 6400K (2001 - China - first working PL I ever got that has been through a lot of experiments and is now near EOL), and a Abco F7TT27K (UAE - 1991).
Meme Pods

View Posts
View Gallery

A nice daylight CFL

UCKBWkfqE5WPMlFZmssITqPQ
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #535 on: June 10, 2020, 09:04:34 PM » Author: Meme Pods
Got scammed

Down with the halogen bulbs

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #536 on: June 11, 2020, 08:57:42 AM » Author: Rommie
Got scammed
Ouch  :o  That doesn't sound good, what happened..?  :'(

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #537 on: June 11, 2020, 03:13:13 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Not today, but a couple days ago...

Replaced an EOL lamp in a bugzapper. Then I found the starter was also stuck, so took it apart to get at that...when I had it apart, I noticed the HV transformer for the zapping grid was fried, so sadly the unit is shot now. :(

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #538 on: June 12, 2020, 06:46:05 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Went ahead and made sure everything is prepped for the movers today before they packed up my collection.

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #539 on: June 13, 2020, 01:24:12 PM » Author: Rommie
Started the mammoth task of sorting out our collection, we got as far as organising the crates with the HPS and MH lamps in, then my glasses broke (they got knocked off the shelf and one of the lenses fell out) so we're having to take a break while we see if they are repairable  :-\

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies