Author Topic: What did you do today lighting wise?  (Read 249677 times)
RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1200 on: September 09, 2022, 11:06:24 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
Well shoot, never anticipated it to make it this long.  Good deal.  Did nothing today lighting wise, but will be doing plenty tomorrow.  I have to troubleshoot a bad outside circuit at a church building, and plan on changing out a bunch of 3000K T8s to 4100K at that same building.   I also have a building I need to convert 8 shoebox 150W HPS parking lot light fixtures to LED.  We needed things brighter at this building and need to be able to angle out the light a bit to get some dark areas of the parking lot, otherwise we would leave it as-is.

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1201 on: September 11, 2022, 08:31:50 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Today is the day we have a soak in a bubble bath, and it's always nice to have an oily lamp litted, this time I've gone slightly overboard, and have got six of the eight I have litted.  :oil-ltn: :oil-ltn: :oil-ltn: :oil-ltn: :oil-ltn: :oil-ltn:   :mrg:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1202 on: September 11, 2022, 09:30:34 AM » Author: Rommie
It was  :poof: warm too, it got up to 83.5°F in there, we had to open the window in the end  :mrg:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1203 on: September 11, 2022, 06:15:09 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Played two rounds of 'Lamp Box Tetris' to find a missing lamp and won.!!! ;D

Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber

HIDLad001

View Posts
View Gallery

Alex - a fan of Jefferson Electric ballasts

GoL UCwvPaxz1-rbLAjLpk55zl1A
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1204 on: September 12, 2022, 10:37:29 AM » Author: HIDLad001
Yesterday I went to the thrift store and came home with some stuff.

HID Fixtures should stay HID!
Any new photos are taken with a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35!
Local power is 120/240VAC 60Hz, TV is NTSC 480i 59.94, DTV is ATSC 1.0 and simulcast ATSC 3.0.
Using Lighting-Gallery since 2022

108CAM

View Posts
View Gallery

Diehard MV, HPS, SOX & Preheat Fluorescent Fanatic

UCG6Xojn8dNgDuN9J7_Gnj8w
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1205 on: September 14, 2022, 03:19:23 AM » Author: 108CAM
Picked up 2 Sylvania B2222's for just $10. I've started to clean them up and will test them soon.

Fluro starter pings combined with a 50hz ballast hum and blinking tubes is music to my ears.

Rest in Peace Electronic Lamp Manufacturers of Australia
1925-2002

Bring back the AJF Zodiacs!

Total incidents since joining LG: 17
Lamps accidently broken or smashed: 14
Ballast explosions/burnouts: 3

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1206 on: September 15, 2022, 06:42:15 AM » Author: RyanF40T12
Pulled out about 26 GE 5000k F32T8s and replaced them with Sylvania F32T8 4100K, at one of my church buildings.  The hallways look MUCH better now.  That 5000k is garbage and an eyesore.  Though I'll use those tubes in some of the bathrooms at various buildings. 

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1207 on: September 16, 2022, 05:37:38 AM » Author: AngryHorse
Bought a load of clear, 4 watt candle LED filament lamps from the ‘end of line’ bargain shelf at our local Morrisons  ;D
I’m finding myself using more of them for different things at home, their compact and pretty bright for 4 watts!

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

"Beauty fades, dumb is forever".......Judge Judy :D

RandomCatPerson

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1208 on: September 24, 2022, 02:31:41 PM » Author: RandomCatPerson
I went shopping and bought 4 more street lights...

See me on youtube at Random Cat Person for more content.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYq1jSBuQvMObtCuglqB_6g/videos

Westinghouse is King

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1209 on: September 24, 2022, 02:35:14 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
It's the lamps themselves that interest us.  :lps: :hps: :mv: :emh: :mvblb: :bumh: :love:

We're rapidly running out of room for them, never mind a whole fixture.  :poof:

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1210 on: September 29, 2022, 09:09:24 PM » Author: Econolite03
Did some major storage work for my bulbs. I used a old dresser that wasn’t used anymore to stock hundreds of bulbs of various types, makes, and models. Making the way for more square bulbs.

I accidentally broke a Sylvania /N (it was already cracked from shipping damage a long time ago, had a replacement) which put glass and phosphor all over the place. Thankfully, the arc tube survived with no mercury escaping but will dispose of it for safety.
Now I’m on the look out for a new bulb to take its place.

I liked how things turned out.
 8)
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1211 on: September 29, 2022, 10:45:46 PM » Author: joseph_125
Washed the refractor on my newly obtained B2227. It wasn't used outside but it got some dirty on the glass after 40 years in storage so I decided to wash it.

Later I'll probably try out some various 250w MV lamps in it.
xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1212 on: September 30, 2022, 12:48:38 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
Not today, but last light-related thing I did was replace a fixture in the entryway of the house.
Old fixture was shiny brass, replaced with a brushed nickel .. both are incandescent fixtures but I put one of those decorative LED bulbs in the new one.
(old fixture went to the master bedroom closet where it replaced one of those really basic globe fixtures that was missing the glass globe)

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1213 on: October 01, 2022, 12:52:44 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Yesterday...
I broke out the Christmas lights. Though I didn't put any up, I started sorting & preparing for where they would be going.
If time allows this weekend, they start going up (but will remain off(except for testing & while actually putting up) til Thanksgiving)

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

108CAM

View Posts
View Gallery

Diehard MV, HPS, SOX & Preheat Fluorescent Fanatic

UCG6Xojn8dNgDuN9J7_Gnj8w
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1214 on: October 04, 2022, 06:16:10 AM » Author: 108CAM
Uploaded my first lighting related video to my YouTube channel. Link is in the Videos section of the Lamps board.

Fluro starter pings combined with a 50hz ballast hum and blinking tubes is music to my ears.

Rest in Peace Electronic Lamp Manufacturers of Australia
1925-2002

Bring back the AJF Zodiacs!

Total incidents since joining LG: 17
Lamps accidently broken or smashed: 14
Ballast explosions/burnouts: 3

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies